Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

No thanks needed, my post wasn't directed towards you, but whomever you were referring to. I enjoy the fits in this thread too much to think anyone should be concerned about "lifestyle." I did quote you though, so I could see where the misunderstanding occurred.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• messenoire
      • Nov 2009

I get it but ultimately I feel like the ones playing dress up for te internet weed themselves out through as upsilon said "getting really defensive", improper understanding of their own aesthetic choices, or immediately flipping their entire outfit in the classifieds the next day because there is obviously no connection between what is being worn and the wearer themself. Personal style is a long road that seemingly is endlessly developed, ultimately discarded, rediscovered, and curated in a way that is more personal than the initial venture. Moreso wear what you want but don't be butt hurt when someone is off put by something insincere.

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

I agree mostly, but I think there's a distinction to be made between who a person is and what they do. If a fit is done well, then I don't care whether the guy is an accountant or rock star, if his fit shows a little of who he is. I might even be more fascinated if he's an accountant. And really, I don't think there is too much real world practicality with some of these fits, even within the fashioniest circles. At some point, the metal Rick coat guy (which was so good) is going to step into a convenience store for a pack of cigarettes and look out of place. But who cares, whatever.

Comment

• daou0782
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
          But who cares, whatever.
          As is said in these cases, we care, hence the forum. And apparently cowsareforweating cares enough that they took the time to make a comment, so I'm taking some time too.

I don't take their comment personal, since they clarified "on an unrelated note to your fit [...]." Nevertheless, their comment on what they find to be theatre and whether it has a place in the streets or not struck me as narrow minded which I find surprising coming from someone who has seemingly kept themselves around as their post count indicates. One would imagine that, if anything, members of their seniority would at least share the trait of being latitudinarian. Perhaps, I misunderstood their comment, in which case, I apologize.

I'm left with the questions of what isn't theater, and why are the streets not the place for it? I'm reminded of sociologist and urban observer Jane Jacobs when she referred to the "ballet of the sidewalk" and said that "by its nature, the metropolis provides what otherwise could be given only by traveling; namely, the strange.”

The problem of intent is entirely up to the wearer--I do not aspire to be an arm chair psychologist. As an spectator however, I rejoice in the inclusivity and diversity I see on the streets, the cosmopolitanism of the city (and of the internet).

Also, thank you mailmoth for your thoughtful criticism. I'll dwell on it.
          Last edited by daou0782; 11-16-2014, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

i'm with cowsareforeating and i think u guys are getting it wrong. My impression is that he's saying, some of u get dressed up to take a picture either for this thread or for ur instagram whatever, as opposed to taking a picture of what ur wearing. And some of u guys take this stuff too seriously, i mean it's cool to wear $10K worth of gear but all at once is sometimes a bit much, i wonder where ur going in the middle of the day w/ all that shit on, it doesn't look relaxed or natural and most of u that take it that serious have this villianous look on ur face like "this is the last picture u will ever need to see of me and what i present to the world" and that's just plain overbearing.
            then again I live in los angeles and don't layer much except at night and that's not much either. Maybe going to Safeway in the day requires skirt, pants, boots, scarf, hoodie, leather, coat, kubo, 10 rings and some necklaces, i don't know ... sometimes some of u are starting to look like a Spiderman nemesis try out
            and maybe we should go easy on the 9 looks over the year per post, the thread is call waywt, not how many pictures u have on ur phone so we can document every outfit u have owned this year..

Comment

• daou0782
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Warg, if I had more hair, I'd love to be your client.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Warg

Mix seasons Rick Owens.
                Cotton Cashmere Sweatshirt...
                Isn't that jumpsuit on backwards?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Isn't that jumpsuit on backwards?
                  depends on if ur top or bottom?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

#1 is probably more likely than #2 anyways if you're wearing that out somewhere.

Originally posted by daou0782 View Post
                    As is said in these cases, we care, hence the forum. And apparently cowsareforweating cares enough that they took the time to make a comment, so I'm taking some time too.
                    Oh, I meant who cares if someone looks out of place sometimes. I think lifestyle is mostly a lie used to sell stuff anyways. Although I will say, the glock was a bit much.

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      depends on if ur top or bottom?

I snorted.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• francojean23
                        • Sep 2008

Comment

• thinbuddha
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                          ... sometimes some of u are starting to look like a Spiderman nemesis try out

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post

u wear it well.

Comment

• daou0782
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

ditto. absolutely no flaws. sober and composed.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                                u wear it well.
                                thank you

Warg, the new kubos for SS15 are leagues ahead of these goggles, just a heads up
                                Originally posted by unwashed
                                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎