Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

daou and warg are just taking over this thread...
    E maybe u can cap the amount of pics users can post in a week. I feel like I know what these 2 have worn for years now..

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

i'm still thinking meth

Comment

• en0rm
        • May 2010

Haha that would explain allot

Comment

• Warg
          • Nov 2012

You must not be serious...
          Last edited by Warg; 11-21-2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Resonkuken
            • Oct 2012

I don´t understand people dressing up for the internet. It´s cool to see people´s outfit choices for the day if that is in fact what they wore, but dressing up to take a pic to show stuf is not the point of this thread for me. you can tell the posters who actually wear (are wearing) what you see and it feels genuine.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
              I don´t understand people dressing up for the internet. It´s cool to see people´s outfit choices for the day if that is in fact what they wore, but dressing up to take a pic to show stuf is not the point of this thread for me. you can tell the posters who actually wear (are wearing) what you see and it feels genuine.
              I dont believe people actually "dress for the internet"
              there are some who dress for themselves because they personally like a certain style/ quality aesthetic. There are some who dress to be accepted and validated and like the attention it brings. A forum like this provides a certain kind of attention and so there is often an excessive amount of posting in areas like these...........
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• daou0782
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
                We're all in the same boat here. Having said that, I'm sincerely curious as to how can you tell apart who is 'genuine' from who is not.
                Last edited by daou0782; 11-21-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

just thought i'd chime in that i'm pretty happy to see warq posting here. i quite like him. his looks are interesting, he seems knowledgeable and sincere and enthusiastic and kind. i don't get the criticism. i surely don't see him presenting the same sort of smug self-satisfaction that some of our other sz posters do, who i won't name but i bet you know who you are as you read this. his primary fault in my eyes is just that his eagerness to engage with others like him on this forum has led to him making a bit of a "splash" with his entrance, which can be perceived as being a little tasteless. but i perceive him more like an excited puppy licking all over sz's collective face. its fine sz he'll calm down once he gets to know you.
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Agreed for the most part, Cjbreed. Warg, I'm sure you are a good guy, but take it easy. This is the advice I gave you when you asked me how to behave when you started posting. But it seems like you are disregarding it.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• francojean23
                      • Sep 2008

I don't think it's about being genuine or not. But Reson has a point... I like this thread when it demonstrates how an individual has taken a runway/lookbook outfit and transposed it into reality.

When it's "dressing for the internet," or whatever you want to call it, it's really just creating poorly lit and composed lookbook images, which I'd rather avoid.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Sorry, I could not take a good pictures - my camera just cannot handle the contrast between the dark outfit and the light wall behind. But, you wanted to see the new goodies in action.

A note about the Rick Owens coat, which is fast becoming a favorite. It's a belted trench (seen here with the belt), but I like it without the belt. Rick knew that, of course, so he made the belt loops removable. Worn without the cinching of the belt, the back becomes this 3D aerodynamic shape, which I love (hence the side photo).

The coat is hefty, but because it's cut slim in the shoulders and chest area and sleeves, it's oversized without being a potato sack (I even took a 50 so I could layer, otherwise I could've gotten away with a 48).

It's also bulletproof in front, because the way it closes one side goes over the over, so you have two layers of very thick virgin wool protecting you. The stand up collar with strap is absolutely perfectly cut, you don't even need a scarf. I was worried that the contrasting fabric sleeves might not withstand the cold weather, but they do thanks to an inner layer of insulation that I saw when Zam was taking the sleeves apart. (He also put in a snap in the middle of the coat, so the two sides line up perfectly when buttoned).

Overall, it's an incredibly well-designed and well-made coat and is a standout in Rick's offerings that can be subpar these days.

The rest of the outfit, hand knit cashmere beanie - Werkstatt-Munchen, wool sweater - Yohji Yamamoto, jeans THVM, backup boots m.a.+
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• upsilonkng
                          • May 2010

that's really good E, easily my favorite jacket/coat basically anything from Rick this season, i hope to pick one up later, looks real good too. Worn sharply! must be cold where u is.

on a sad note, Warg seems to have taken his ball and gone home.. I wasn't trying to making u leave, just "curb ur enthusiasm" that's all.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by DudleyGray

On my way to a Ryan Adams show, so I toned down my inner goth for the Americana occasion.

i like this. nice boots.

also, faust very good coat. liking the a-line which is nicely grounded by the heavy boots.

Comment

• 550BC
                              • Jan 2013

Warg is a friendly user on SZ, why so serious? let him be.. he is not doing anyone harm :/ though I get the over-posting thing and I agree, but the meth jokes? come on.. feels like I'm back on High-School and someone can't sit with some random cool people, because he is too friendly
                              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Blackman
                                • Feb 2011

People sure know how to put a damper on things. I for one enjoy your addition to the forum warg, the way you dress is a breath of fresh air from the usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎