X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YTheLastMan
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
    What I wore couple years ago... for the sake of the loooooongsleeves discussion
    I have the same shirt from Rick (I'm guessing that's an L, like mine ) and my girl always gives me weird looks.

You know you rolled those sleeves up after!

Comment

• Icarium
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
      Baller quote of the year for me.
      I wish I was baller. I'm just an irresponsible hoarder :)

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

It's an old The Viridi Anne knit size 3, my first piece of clothing what eventually led me to this forum when searching similar stuff.

I just bunch them up, but when outside in the winter let them hang loose.
        Grailed link

Comment

• daou0782
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

nicelynice, i really appreciate your style and contributions, so with all due respect and with no intentions of offending you, i honestly don't know how to feel about that fit. i feel like there are three different levels of formality (relaxed fit pants + shoes, leather, puffer vest + scarf), and i'm not sure i see them fitting all together. it doesn't look bad, so that's why i hesitate. maybe it's brilliant, and i'm being a noob. maybe others can chime in. i'd love to learn something.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Have to agree with daou, the jacket looks out of place with the rest of it. I'm all for mixing styles but some things just work and some don't
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
              And hey, speaking of nothing sacred, he's a Rick Owens jacket with the sleeves chopped off a good 7cm paired with a Patagonia down vest:
              Looks incredible. Vaguely reminds me of Ricardo Donoso's high/low* blend https://soundcloud.com/denovali/ricardo-donoso-vesperum

*well ... techno and avant death metal aren't low, but some classical composers might regard them as such.
              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

take the Rick out and ur good, well good as in fine citizen who moms would let date their daughters.
                in regards to shortening arms, I completely disagree w/ the practice.

Comment

• nicelynice
                  • Oct 2009

daou0782, don't worry the slightest about taking offense. I appreciate the honest feedback here, it's why I post, and everything is duly noted. In my defense, the vest was a purely functional piece. I wanted to stay a bit warmer without adding too much weight and was pushing my luck posting it here

However, I've always felt Rick leathers work pretty well when worn casually, whether with loose trousers or denim, as for the most part they're pretty conservative styles - either what amounts to a leather track jacket (Intarsia) or based on a classic design, like the Stooges I'm wearing here. The sporty, relaxed side of Rick attracts me quite a bit more than the dark, architectural influences.

Looks incredible. Vaguely reminds me of Ricardo Donoso's high/low* blend https://soundcloud.com/denovali/ricardo-donoso-vesperum
                  Thanks, I got dressed listening to this and ended in my fuzzy LL Bean slippers and a black t-shirt with an inverted pentagram (PS I'm not joking)

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

why circumcised dick when you can wear saint laurent?
                    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by trentk View Post

*well ... techno and avant death metal aren't low, but some classical composers might regard them as such.
                      Incredible, really? That's the word you are going with?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

^^Sig worthy, A.
                        ^And E for that matter.

Comment

• trentk
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Incredible, really? That's the word you are going with?
                          yes, but admittedly 50% not b/c of the look itself but b/c it made me think of all of the ways that quilted/tubed nylon can be mixed with more fashiony pieces or styled in an interesting manner. see eg this http://www.thesartorialist.com/photo...dern-menswear/ . also, skiing is a huge influence for me, so if I can reference it with clothing that's a big plus.

(I think that was my 666th post though, so worst case I can always recant and say that the devil made me do it.)

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                          take the Rick out and ur good, well good as in fine citizen who moms would let date their daughters.
                          i was about to say "i don't see why that's a negative thing, there exist people who are not edgy in the "not fine citizen who moms would let date their daughters" sense who are in actuality tons more edgy than >=90% of people who are the former kind of edgy" .... but then i realized that the people i had in mind (eg galois https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6dsanpnpt0 (who was one of the greatest mathematicians of the 19th century and died in a duel @ age 20) or cantor http://io9.com/5873581/the-odd-geniu...r-than-another (tough to do something more radical than introducing another order of infinity (if you're the first to do so))) were also edgy in the former sense
                          Last edited by trentk; 12-05-2014, 10:13 PM.
                          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Which brings us to the next inevitable question - why buy these clothes and not others if normcore is your goal.

Nicely, I don't mean to offend you, but I find your fits bland (except that one stellar one, which I don't remember what you were wearing but I remember my reaction and lowrey's).

Now, I know you can say I can buy whatever the fuck I want and it's fair enough. But I am more concerned about the quality of the fits (and everything else) that makes SZ what it is (and say StyleForum what it is), and we used to have a "shit must look sick as fuck" test.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ case in point

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Damn, Shucks. Damn.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢