• francojean23
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Still looks like the toilet.
    Sorry, but how is this constructive?

Comment

• en0rm
      • May 2010

Thanks for the constructive feedback lowrey and not the useless remarks. I thought thats what this thread was about...
      I see what you mean lowrey, the neck is definately too large (random basic i had laying arround) and doesnt look right with the coat. Stacking might be abit too much(eaventhough i quite like the stacking).. They are the p11s and they are also abit too loose at the thighs for my liking, i wonder if it would be a difficult job to make them abit tighter?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post
        Sorry, but how is this constructive?
        It's not. But, if you have a modicum of brain power, wouldn't you see that this blurry photo from a bad angle prevents any kind of constructive criticism at all? Why even post it? STANDARDS!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 550BC
          • Jan 2013

I actually like en0rm his outfit. Maybe a different neckline yes, but it doesn't make the outfit look bad.
          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• francojean23
            • Sep 2008

Brushing past the personal attack, saying it's difficult to offer any comment because the photo is blurry and of poor quality is certainly better than the initial denigrating remarks.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
              • May 2014

en0rm, concerning the looseness in the thighs, may i ask how you are wearing your pants? I've noticed a huge difference in how BBS pants are worn whether they ride on your hips or are held higher. This may decrease the looseness of the thighs as well as reduce the stacking a bit. I'd suggest maybe sizing down or getting p13 or a slim version of it if you want a thinner silhouette.(maybe someone with more expertise could chime in on this).

Comment

• rickandjulius
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by deltapie View Post
                rickandjulius much better without the hoodie, I'm surprised those pants look so great, every time I've seen them on yoox/gilt they just seemed horrific to style. great fit

Thank you!!

And everything is styled terribly on Gilt/Yoox/MyHabit. Haha

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post
                  Brushing past the personal attack, saying it's difficult to offer any comment because the photo is blurry and of poor quality is certainly better than the initial denigrating remarks.
                  That the photo is blurred and of poor quality should be self-evident. As in, I don't have to point it out and it's up to the poster to not post shitty photos. That's all. I have better things to do with my time and I hope so do most others.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

It's not really about synergy but about looking good and congruent with the forum's general aesthetic direction.
                    To always follow "good taste" within a culture is to contribute to a dead culture. I don't like the fit though, as shucks said it looks like an advertizing tumblr mishmash of please like my outfit.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Fuuma, we are not in the business of culture in general. We are in the business of selecting from culture. It's a dead-end argument you are making - we have had enough normcore shit on here.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Fuuma, we are not in the business of culture in general. We are in the business of selecting from culture. It's a dead-end argument you are making - we have had enough normcore shit on here.
                        Look it is a lame outfit, the point is that censoring outfits to maintain purity is a sure way to have a museum, you know the place where we put dead art for historical purposes?

I do see that the outfit in question wasn't censored, people commented, this is great. I just don't see where those "forum purity" discussions come from. Hell some guy posted a blurry picture of a blue and brown outfit or carpe and whatnot and he got told it wasn't in line and too normcore, as if CD could look normcore without stretching the concept to include everything. Problem was the lame picture, there was no way to judge the outfit.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

The HOF was an effective proactive way of declaring the site's aesthetic direction, rather than reactively deleting bad fits, and maybe provokes more interesting discussion than "what did I miss?" I actually like the discussion "bad" fits inspire, seeing people breakdown what went wrong and why, or maybe the bad fits just stand as a rebellious statement in themselves, which I tend to love. I can do without the unremarkable normcore fits though, and the blurry photos standard is understandable.
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• shah
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                            To always follow "good taste" within a culture is to contribute to a dead culture.
                            i don't disagree with your general points (why have a forum where discussion is encouraged and not just a blog if the point is to showcase specifics with some abritrary set of standards) but i was wondering if you can explain what this is supposed to mean ??

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

It's a tough balance between maintaining quality and avoiding suffocating dogma. Here's a good argument, however, for why variety should be welcomed:
                              Cass Sunstein on "Group Think"

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                              Look it is a lame outfit, the point is that censoring outfits to maintain purity is a sure way to have a museum, you know the place where we put dead art for historical purposes?

I do see that the outfit in question wasn't censored, people commented, this is great. I just don't see where those "forum purity" discussions come from. Hell some guy posted a blurry picture of a blue and brown outfit or carpe and whatnot and he got told it wasn't in line and too normcore, as if CD could look normcore without stretching the concept to include everything. Problem was the lame picture, there was no way to judge the outfit.
                              music

Comment

• francojean23
                                • Sep 2008

I think museum is an apt word for this forum, and particularly this thread, as of late.

The parameters for acceptance seem to be narrowing in the name of upholding some sort of "standard" or "aesthetic direction" (I have come across no clear definition or articulation of what that is, although as mentioned the HOF thread made an attempt). The increasingly contentious nature of this thread discourages experimentation in favor of steadfastly maintaining the status quo, and creates an exclusionary old boys club. There will only be frustration in continuing these capital 'M' Modern ideals in a Post-Modern world.

Taken from the homepage, "StyleZeitgeist is an online community of individuals who are passionate about fashion design."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎