Hugo Boss
    Iceberg
    Uggs (not visible)

Bringing that berg back!

But also, nice.

Comment

• schemedream
      • Jan 2013

Price point vs function vs durability vs availability is going to be a hard thing to beat when it comes to an undershirt that is meant to be worn as a base layer. Who makes one as soft, durable, affordable, and warm as the heattec line from uniqlo? No one. That's who.

Smart wool, ice breaker, etc blah blah is all rather pricey per under shirt; on sale you're talking 40$ for a long sleeve on clearence. It's a base, it's "affordable" (ish), but only out of season. They also are goofy fitting and mid low quality wool. The only arguement you could have for it being a "better product" is that it is from a natural fiber and a potentially sustainable source. I'm not a sheep farmer. I don't know how industrial commercial wool is produced, so to claim it is a better product in regards to how green it is may still be up for discussion.

In regards to labor and factory fashion, both are made in China, Bangladesh, Vietnam, and Indonesia. Pick your poison. The world isn't a nice place. People get stepped on for profit all damn day. One would be wise to pick the battles that matter. I'm sticking to few hearttec basics and some shitty Costco white tees for working and working out. Why, when I believe in the ethos and morality of this community? Because it doesnt make any sense to do anything else.

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

lowrey, lol. Next time, Dirk Bikkembergs.

Great burnout detail on that knit, btw.
        sain't

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
          Ugh, people who conceal their secret affection towards fast fashion by hiding cheap garments underneath designer pieces are the worst. Be true to yourself! Come out of the closet!
          Dude, are you retarded? Seriously...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Awesome, lowrey. Agreed with interest1 about the sweater.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• arby2001
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
              Faust can ban any brand he wants, Armani especially, but do people really think that it doesn't seem silly wearing sweatshop labor clothes under a 10,000 grand outfit while posting on a forum about a more serious form of fashion.
              what on earth does its price have to do with your judgment of its aesthetic qualities? it's like saying, yeah, that painting is nice, but some guy in a shack in china painted it while squatting for ages, and they're charging a million bucks for it, so therefore it's not "serious" art or perhaps it is ugly(?!).

if you argued that armani's business practices are ultimately destructive to the progress of the fashion industry, then you may have a point, although that is controversial in itself but i will accept that as logical regardless.

it's not like kamsky's look is very SZ either but hey, i give credit where it's due - it's a great look. no reason to look as though we attend funerals on a daily basis.
              too skinny for rick

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Dude, are you retarded? Seriously...
                It was a joke maybe?
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• croatoan
                  • Jul 2007

Seriously. This is all getting rather ridiculous. Going for "retarded" as the chosen insult is particularly distasteful.

with a knock on the door, knock on the door...

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

psh , i wear basic ass tees under my non-basic clothes too. I'm not paying $150+ on a basic tshirt that's just a layering piece. They're easy to throw in the wash and clean; bada bing bada boom, done. I can't usually do that with Rick or whatever else. I even wear Abercrombie underwear.
                    I'm also guilty of saying "retarded". Just a habit I guess. A professor overheard me say it while in the lunch line and poked my shoulder. I felt retarded and my face got red but I still say it occasionally . Sometimes it just works in a sentence, though .
                    I also want to add that I like Casey's fits. He has his own style that i do think fits in here. They're graceful in a way that appeals to me, especially when he did the "minimal rick" stuff.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                      Seriously. This is all getting rather ridiculous. Going for "retarded" as the chosen insult is particularly distasteful.

with a knock on the door, knock on the door...
                      http://youtu.be/eOBoKxEcVAA
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• TheThief
                        • Mar 2011

It seems like every thread I read has been taken over by petty arguments, everyone has to untwist their panties and lighten up. Things have taken a turn for the ridiculous here and all of the vituperative comments have to end.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

I resent your use of the word vituperative. It's very elitist. Don't you know there are retarded children in third world countries that can't even spell vituperative? For shame
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• croatoan
                            • Jul 2007

Sorry sorry. I am about as anti-PC as they come and I could (should) have left that part out. But I still can't help but recognize that as an admin, acting as a leader and trying to push the userbase in a certain direction when it comes to (relative) taste, the term was a rather uncalled for. Moreso when the quote was so very fucking obviously not meant to be taken seriously to begin with.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                              Sorry sorry. I am about as anti-PC as they come and I could (should) have left that part out. But I still can't help but recognize that as an admin, acting as a leader and trying to push the userbase in a certain direction when it comes to (relative) taste, the term was a rather uncalled for. Moreso when the quote was so very fucking obviously not meant to be taken seriously.
                              um excuse me, it's not up to you to decide what Faust says or not says?

you can't come back and say you're Anti-PC after being PC what is wrong with you are you serious right now hahahaha??? what makes you say that Faust has to be a certain this or that lmao, not to mention no one can read your tone to the point where your english type is supposed to be read as "not serious". How embarrasing.
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• TheThief
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                                um excuse me, it's not up to you to decide what Faust says or not says?

you can't come back and say you're Anti-PC after being PC what is wrong with you are you serious right now hahahaha??? what makes you say that Faust has to be a certain this or that lmao, not to mention no one can read your tone to the point where your english type is supposed to be read as "not serious". How embarrasing.
                                Honestly man, just stop. Please stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎