Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qcqc
    • Oct 2012

I still smoke from time to time. But people taking photos of it thinking its 'cool' is so lame. We're past the 50s people (even in asia for that matter)

Comment

• naturalalmonds
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by qcqc View Post
      I still smoke from time to time. But people taking photos of it thinking its 'cool' is so lame. We're past the 50s people (even in asia for that matter)
      you're projecting. what implication was there that it's cool? it's no different than pretending the camera isn't there, staring at your feet, whatever. it's a pose.
      I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

Smoking is cool it'll always be cool. smokers enjoy smoking and generally look best when they are. Drinking also cool. Also photographs well. Somethings never change. It's really simple, if u do what most others don't do and it could kill u, that's pretty cool. But I don't smoke anywhere near kids and find it not cool when I see other Asian parents/brothers/friends of family do it.

Comment

• guardimp
          • Jun 2010

Why do you consider dangerous behavior that a minority of the population engages in to be cool? It seems no different then people looking at their cellphones or staring away from the camera, just another pose and prop.

Would you make the same assertion about people shooting up heroin that you do about people smoking tobacco? It sure hits all the marks you mention for things being pretty cool.

Wool and nylon, cotton, wool gab, leather.
          Last edited by guardimp; 01-25-2015, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• collecting_items
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by qcqc View Post
            who is smoking? only what i see is a great leather jacket and a man who has cold hands.....
            Tragen Schwarz, jeden Tag
            bis es was dunkleres gibt

Comment

• stagename
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
              Smoking is cool it'll always be cool. smokers enjoy smoking and generally look best when they are. Drinking also cool. Also photographs well. Somethings never change. It's really simple, if u do what most others don't do and it could kill u, that's pretty cool. But I don't smoke anywhere near kids and find it not cool when I see other Asian parents/brothers/friends of family do it.
              Give it another 10 years and this statement might not hold true anymore. What's cool is transient. Things change. Without cultural reinforcement (and constant social stigmatization), you'll see "smoking is cool" thrown out of the window. Hell, we have half the teens we had smoking 15 years ago, and the lowest teen smoking rate ever.

People hide to smoke in my professional network. This is how un-cool it has become.

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

I'm such an indoor kid that I can barely keep my eyes open in the sun.

Paul Harnden
                Augusta

Bonus photo where I accidentally smiled

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                  • May 2014

I'd say it depends largely on the place where you smoke/what is your cultural background. In France and in Paris especially everyone smokes. From ages 15 onwards people just smoke and it is very natural. In North America there is a huge stigma with tobacco and when i used to smoke i would get constant looks of disapproval. I even got scolded once by some lady who gave me with the typical speech.

So the uncool/cool argument is all about context.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

I mean it's not even smoking I'm talking about, it's more or less what cool is, which isn't smoking or drinking or doing drugs or any specific thing. I don't think I should explain but a quick reminder that most of the people we as a society or culture admire are primarily artist/musicians/writers/film makers/designers etc.. the creative type, and creative people (artist of any kind) are pretty much allowed to do whatever the fuck they want because they are seen, even pushed to be uneven, favoring art over sensibility, that is what drives seriously great art. I'm not against the notion that there are amazing musicians who are very even and great dads and have great bbq's and superbowl parties and u can trust to pick up ur kids, but mostly the truly great ones are fucked up and live as they please and that transfers to their art..

so now back to what is cool.. doing anything that people disapproves of is a small acknowledgement of that, of the artist in u or admiration of the artist in u. I don't have a single hero that was a great person/dad/non partaker in unwieldy things so to me, anything that relates to not giving a fuck is and always will be a part of that.

ps personally I don' t believe in the Axl thing of "I smoke my cigarettes w/ style" it needn't be a show nor does it make u cool, but smoking in and of itself will always be pretty cool in my book simply because all my heroes did pretty much, from Ayler to Zappa. No decade of change or several will change my mind and context matters but not in something i consider a personal choice.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                      • Feb 2014

New InAisce blazer! Thanks to Graham of re-porter. Love this thing, nice and light, great construction and the minimalism is wonderful. Rest is Rick/Julius/Guidi.

Sorry for the B&W. Accidentally blew it out and didn't feel like fixing it.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Maybe your best one yet.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rickandjulius
                          • Feb 2014

Faust thank you very much. That means a good deal coming from you!

Comment

• en0rm
                            • May 2010

rickandjulius: i like it allot! best fit i have seen from you, blazer is really lovely and fits you well. is it dark grey or black?

Comment

• rickandjulius
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by en0rm View Post
                              rickandjulius: i like it allot! best fit i have seen from you, blazer is really lovely and fits you well. is it dark grey or black?
                              Technically it's black but it's a washed looking black. Almost grey but not quite.

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

One of the few InAisce pieces I'd consider wearing. Really nice r&j. Now just dirty up those Guidi's.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎