X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
    It seems oddly convenient that people decide to stop posting almost completely after they put up their for sale thread.outfit.
    definitely seems to be a facet of sz being a bit older, and perhaps more willing to splash out on clothing than other forums. either way, i suppose the discussion is over, but sz isn't the easiest of communities to become a part of, i feel.

Comment

• destroymebaby
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Another observation - the younguns are way too quick to heap praise on mediocre fits. I wonder if it's indicative of their generation that absolutely hates any kind of confrontation and has grown up with unconditional praise? Or am I over-analyzing?
      This is actually a really interesting observation. I've noticed the same thing regarding other aspects of our culture. It's natural that this leveling of expression occurs in a society where everything happens at once, where satisfaction must be immediate and no statement is allowed to be complex - since grasping a symphony, a novel by Dostoyevsky or a SZ standard fit takes time, thus is not worth the effort for most people, especially a young generation used to a life devoid of friction.
      The morning is not enough.

Comment

• guardimp
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by trk
        are my 3 year old outfits really being criticized by someone who dresses like this?
        I'm more criticizing your cross-posting then your outfits, despite finding the outfits hillarious. Care to talk at all about the motivations behind that?
        Last edited by guardimp; 03-18-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• aussy
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by destroymebaby View Post
          since grasping a symphony, a novel by Dostoyevsky or a SZ standard fit takes time, thus is not worth the effort for most people, especially a young generation used to a life devoid of friction.
          I agree. I think its a combination of the whole social media 'like' mentality and a higher valuation of the 'SZ aesthetic' on a superficial level (essentially brand and color) over principal.

Comment

• guardimp
            • Jun 2010

Is the higher valuation of the 'sz aesthetic' due to appreciation of the style or just a function of the mainstream popularity?

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

Or do you just want to post more photos?
              ^
              Still better than whatever you posted so far.
              And please, would you mind keeping your personal beef outside this thread? Thx.
              Last edited by bukka; 03-18-2015, 05:12 PM.
              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Defender
                Banned
                • Jan 2015

I think everyone's missing the easiest, most obvious point: SZ isn't avant-garde or cutting edge anymore...it's almost mainstream.

People are posting fits here that they also post on reddit and 4chan...nothing could be more mainstream than that.

Grailed.com is evidence of the broad spectrum appeal of "SZ Labels," too.

When I first started posting, I bumped a "Building a Basic Wardrobe" thread from five years ago, and found that the basics are the same...and have been for some time even before that.

In other words, leathers, stacks, drops, geos, guidis, and CCP drips are things one can see on the "front page of the internet" now...SZ might be the old guard, but it's being assimilated into popular culture...or popular culture is co-opting SZ, if you'd rather.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Defender View Post
                  People are posting fits here that they also post on reddit and 4chan...nothing could be more mainstream than that.
                  NOW HIRING: coder who can make a vbulletin add-on that blocks this shit.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• rickandjulius
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    NOW HIRING: coder who can make a vbulletin add-on that blocks this shit.
                    Which one? The reddit/4-chan part or the whiny "mainstream" part?

Comment

• rickandjulius
                      • Feb 2014

I don't understand the hate for reddit, 4-chan I get. I'm a cross poster but I feel I've been part of this community long enough to not get deleted if I post a picture on multiple boards. Haha

Comment

• guardimp
                        • Jun 2010

Why do you post the same outfit on multiple boards?

Comment

• rickandjulius
                          • Feb 2014

Why do you post the same outfit on multiple boards?
                          Because I'm an active poster on those multiple boards?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

Fuck those multiple boards.
                            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• daou0782
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by trk
                              i dont know, its a green corduroy blazer... i really think it would be better with a traditional cut over some edgy elongated avante garde look

just to be clear, in a traditional cut, the hem of the jacket would hit your thumb's knuckle and cover your rear (i think you thought i was referring to the sleeve length).

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                                I don't understand the hate for reddit, 4-chan I get. I'm a cross poster but I feel I've been part of this community long enough to not get deleted if I post a picture on multiple boards. Haha

one of the first things I learned from lurking in this community for a very long time, was that no one is ban proof no matter what your post count is.

also, why do you say things like this on other forums?

Originally posted by unwashed
                                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎