X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    i'm not suggesting a 'tuck' - i'm saying that it's much better when the hem rests on top of the boots, which means they should be loosely laced.
    Funny, I wear them the other way. I have them really tightly laced so they are more like the older creepers with the cropped pants just over them.
    To me it feels like that actually elongates the leg rather than making it look a little stumpy.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• YTheLastMan
      • Apr 2014

Shifts - Amazing. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? Comfortable heightwise with the cropped pants?

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

^This is the problem/genius of Rick. Rick goes best with other Rick. I started with Rick pants then needed Rick shoes for proper proportion, then my tops looked too short so had to buy Rick tops to go with.

Been trying to crack the code and find other designers that mix with Rick because I hate bein' all Rick head to toe, but it's difficult!
        music

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by casem View Post
          ^This is the problem/genius of Rick. Rick goes best with other Rick. I started with Rick pants then needed Rick shoes for proper proportion, then my tops looked too short so had to buy Rick tops to go with.

Been trying to crack the code and find other designers that mix with Rick because I hate bein' all Rick head to toe, but it's difficult!
          actually my pants are thamanyah...

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

^Haha, well yea Thamanyah works, I have a pair of his cropped pants and it's a nearly identical cut to Rick's extreme cropped pants. I was referring not just to your look but the styling discussion above.

I'm working on a Rick/Marni look to melt people's minds.
            music

Comment

• Vanna
              • May 2008

Don't be tardy for the Marni
              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Shifts
                • Jul 2013

YTheLastMan: Thanks! I am boasting the descrete length of 172 cm.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Well, that's what a good designer is supposed to do, no?
                  I wore Memphis jeans yesterday with a Devoa tee and m.a. boots and it looked coherent. It can be done.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Hmm, I think it could go either way. In the traditional sense shouldn't "design" solve a problem? Thus, the designer who's clothes easily incorporate into one's wardrobe and life would be the better designer. The reverse is closer to the role of an artist, to create a self contained cohesive world.

Of course Rick can work with other designers, I was exaggerating a bit and making fun of my own fall into the Rick rabbit hole. First rule of SZ: Rick begets Rick

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Well, that's what a good designer is supposed to do, no?
                    I wore Memphis jeans yesterday with a Devoa tee and m.a. boots and it looked coherent. It can be done.
                    music

Comment

• francojean23
                      • Sep 2008

The process seems inevitable, the steady narrowing and cohesion.. I don't really see it as a problem.. If you want to force it to work with something else, that just becomes your appropriation and contribution.

That said, I wouldn't drag designer or artist terminology into it, at least not when you're using antiquated definitions.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Hmm, I think it could go either way. In the traditional sense shouldn't "design" solve a problem? Thus, the designer who's clothes easily incorporate into one's wardrobe and life would be the better designer. The reverse is closer to the role of an artist, to create a self contained cohesive world.

Of course Rick can work with other designers, I was exaggerating a bit and making fun of my own fall into the Rick rabbit hole. First rule of SZ: Rick begets Rick
                        Not in high fashion sense (as opposed to apparel). Here, I think the charge that a successful designer has is to create an aesthetic. And an aesthetic where elements cohere is a successful one.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

In an effort to make WAYWT more inclusive we lowered the participation level in WAYWT back to 25 posts. We also would like to stress to keep this place

a) QUALITY - do not post shitty fits. When in doubt, err on the side of caution. Trolls will be promptly banned.

b) CIVIL - please refrain from bullying and hazing. Constructive criticism first. Hopefully the threat of banning will prevent trolling.

Now, let's see some fits!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Edward B
                            • Nov 2010

Devoa linen coat
                            Julius hemp pants
                            A1923 sneakers

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

and the lower post requirement already has brought it's first good fit. i like the sloppy pant/shoe thing u got goin on there edward b good gate also

Comment

• jskidder1
                                • Jan 2011

i feel i'm a few inches too short to pull this off properly but i enjoy wearing it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎