X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radio-aktivität
    • Jan 2011

let’s add some metal to this:

two layers of drkshdw 2010 (calf/cotton and cotton), old acne jeans (cotton and spandex) and vans (whom I shouldn’t have worn; I think moshpits require more sturdy foodwear, but on the other hand - if you walk miles and miles a day between stages, style counts less)

anyway: this is right before The Ocean Collective,
    cheers

Comment

• ian+
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

two layers of drkshdw 2010 (calf/cotton and cotton), old acne jeans (cotton and spandex) and vans (whom I shouldn’t have worn; I think moshpits require more sturdy foodwear, but on the other hand - if you walk miles and miles a day between stages, style counts less)

cheers
      Slippers are the worst kind of footwear for a metal pit. I have lost mine during a Metallica concert back in the day, song was seek and destroy, the pit was tough enough to cause me some bruises and scratches \m/

Ace fit
      Last edited by Ahimsa; 07-16-2015, 04:25 PM.
      ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• LOVE
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Shucks
        it's no fun to only see my shit on every page, right?
        wrooooooooong lmao.

Faust the coat looks great but you must be boiling hot if ur in nyc rn.I've been wearing unstable tees and swim trunks every day, though I'm also a wuss heat-wise

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by LOVE View Post
          wrooooooooong lmao.

Faust the coat looks great but you must be boiling hot if ur in nyc rn.I've been wearing unstable tees and swim trunks every day, though I'm also a wuss heat-wise
          Yesterday night brought much needed relief. The coat is extremely lightweight linen and unlined. The tee underneath is the lightest RO has ever made. I made it work.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vinyl Only
            • Jun 2012

[QUOTE=Shucks;498089]5char

Oh, ha HA! So you're the clever one!
            Didn't realize Jskidz fit was actually a Shuck Owens tribute fit!

Comment

• yubbermax
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post

cheers
              Combat boots would be great here

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Faust, I've been looking for a new long coat for cold rain/sleet weather, and that has me reconsidering the default black to gray. With a piece that has the potential to swallow a silhouette or look to heavy, maybe lighter is the way to go.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                  • Jan 2011

Faust--I've been overdyeing much of my closet and older backstock, recently, with mixed results--some items turning out blue-ish and some nice shades of grey, but that GBS coat makes me rethink dyeing everything I own a darker colour. It is such a simple, beautiful, classic, clean and elegant looking jacket and knowing the labor that goes into Geoffrey's work, it's probably a stunning garment to withhold, in person.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AVerdantShore View Post
                    Faust--I've been overdyeing much of my closet and older backstock, recently, with mixed results--some items turning out blue-ish and some nice shades of grey, but that GBS coat makes me rethink dyeing everything I own a darker colour. It is such a simple, beautiful, classic, clean and elegant looking jacket and knowing the labor that goes into Geoffrey's work, it's probably a stunning garment to withhold, in person.
                    Thank you, all. Yes, you nailed it - the jacket is deceptively simple (deceptively, because it's so perfectly cut, you can see a master's hand in it), but the fabric is simply mind-blowing.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                      Faust--love the GBS, solid buy.

AVerdantShore--greys are beautiful and you should love them and treasure them.

Contributinnnnnng

Had to take photo at night, no time before I left this morning, excuse the flash/the general crumminess/the excuses.

L'M labcoat
                      PR Patterson T-shirt (I love this t-shirt so much)
                      L&F paper pants (from when they were still good )
                      TM gloves
                      MA+ boots/bag
                      RO poncho worn as scarf

The boots (I assume cos of the heels) got some triple takes from a pair of old country blokes on the train this morning

I really dont understand the homeless look, can you break this down a little more of why you chose this?
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Doesn't look homeless to me - perhaps the fingerless knit gloves throw you off. Looks good, but would be nice to see more details. Glad you are posting fits though, FMC. Others, please post as well!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• yubbermax
                          • Jun 2014

Julius jacket and tee
                          KKA Jcut jeans
                          Damir boots

Comment

• fncyths
                            • Apr 2010

Faust - that jacket is spot on man. nice score

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                            I really dont understand the homeless look, can you break this down a little more of why you chose this?
                            This feels like and unnecessary jab but I guess the new school just don't appreciate patina...

FMC - I like the fit and layering - are the pants cropped? Could flow more cohesively untucked?

oh and as for the homeless bit... it's all in context. I've learned more playing corner dominoes in Bushwick or chess in Thompkins Square park with what seems like "the unsavory type" than I've ever learned from some mall twat here on the interwebs. Food for thought.

Oh and for the record I'm considered homeless since I've been living on the road and out of a suitcase since 2012
                            Originally posted by Shucks
                            it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                            Originally posted by interest1
                            I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

Yeah I'd like to take up residence where the homeless look like this / are steeped in thousands of dollars of warm clothing, sounds progressive.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Also good, yubbermax. Solid fit, no drama.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎