X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • round
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Defender View Post
    Almost all of the posts for the past few months. The quality of the fits posted has been declining slowly for years and has reached a new low.

I can find more inspiring fits searching #rickowens on Instagram, but if no one wants to talk about it while the ship sinks, fine.
    I can't tell if you are trolling or just genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. The last few pages of fits have been great, except for a repost of yours. The last few fits I have seen are inspiring to me, just because you have different taste doesn't mean that what other people like is shit. If you don't want to be here "while the ship sinks" then don't come here.. We don't need a shitposter bashing people, criticism is different than typing long winded bullshit without a point, maybe you should read into it.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Obviously he's trolling. Well, rather, he's doubling down on his stupidity. Whatever. Let's move on, please. Defender, you are testing my patience. The rules clearly say constructive criticism is welcome, destructive is not. You want to criticize constructively, knock yourself out.

And, honestly, the fit of yours Arkady posted - it's self-evidently a bad fit. And yet, no one tried to rip you apart. You got constructive criticism. Though I am beginning to think that you are actually not blind and that you were trolling when you posted it.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Kapital, The Viridi-Anne, Julius, Rider Boot Co, JA Simpson

Comment

• Defender
          Banned
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Whatever. Let's move on, please.
          Ok, man, it's your board, but I know you remember when there was a certain air of exceptionality to this thread that is now gone. If you don't want to cultivate that feeling again by pruning posts or calling out subpar fits, that's your option.

Comment

• round
            • Aug 2015

Ok, man, it's your board, but I know you remember when there was a certain air of exceptionality to this thread that is now gone. If you don't want to cultivate that feeling again by pruning posts or calling out subpar fits, that's your option.
            Please enlighten us as to what fits have been subpar this far, what is your honest constructive opinion on them, and what do you think of your own fit that was reposted a page back?

Comment

• voltbird
              • Feb 2014

Constructive opinion being the operative phrase there. I think we're all comfortable with, and in fact encourage, critical feedback that can open doors for further development of our own personal styles. Vagueposting doesn't do that. Specify what elements and on whom you're seeing something that doesn't work. We can take it, even if we don't agree!

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I do weed out flagrantly non pertinent fits. Others simply go uncommented on and quickly fall into the void.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

just a nice day out w/ my son Eno and the main reason I love Bball in the first place..

Magic
                  LUC
                  rick x2 + Eno
                  drkshdw drop
                  CCP

Comment

• round
                    • Aug 2015

Forme
                    Zamb
                    Jeans
                    Augusta

Deleting detailed pictures until I can figure out how to add spoilers.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

Pretty excited about this Siki Im coat.
                      (Sorry for cheesy photo editing)

Last edited by casem; 11-25-2015, 02:30 AM.
                      music

Comment

• hausofblaq
                        • Oct 2014

Taken on Rick's birthday, haven't had the opportunity to post here though.

Wool beanie from Crust
                        Lamb geo from Stag
                        Thrift/diy jeans
                        Dunks from Dustulator

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

Coat is sick(i)
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
                            Wool beanie from Crust
                            Lamb geo from Stag
                            Thrift/diy jeans
                            Dunks from Dustulator
                            Originally posted by defender
                            Mixing current and previous collections is obviously ok, as is wearing an archive outfit for fun or nostalgia.
                            Man, I have been trying to understand what point you are making... I am mixing stuff all the time and sometimes wear things from 08/09 but not for nostalgia or "fun", but because my interest in fashion goes beyond this season's hype.
                            This outfit from hausofblaq is so rad, I will take this over Springblades and jeans any day of the week.
                            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                              • Oct 2014

Finally a day in Austin that is mildly cold enough to wear a sweater. Found this cool, local graffiti too!
                              Not me: Ann, Ann, custom, Ann.
                              Me: OP, Silent, Rick, Rick, Y-3 Qasas.

Comment

• nathaliew817
                                • Sep 2014

First of all @casem that coat is amazing.

And regarding this discussion. I sincerely felt scared posting the first time, having 'only' Rick boots,a Rick jacket and a Vibe Johanssen dress that isn't a SZ brand. And 3 items doesn't take a lot of styling right?

When you see posts from @Metrobulotdodo it's quite intimidating to post, since other SZ'ers have so many gorgeous pieces.

I'm not even ready to do my second fit pic, because I don't feel that my closet is up to standards (and my camera isn't either )

But I especially feel that bringing in other designers and/or archive clothing adds to the forum. It makes looks more interesting and shows more of the designer's range. And makes posting more accessible (not everyone has money for a 100% CCP or Rick closet), plus it adds more variety in silhouettes.

For current ready-to-wear we can just look at the models on the runway.
                                V A N II T A S

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎