• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PurpleJesuss
    • May 2014

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post

DEEPTI, RICK
    i wish you had chosen different shoes. i know you are trying to dress down the fit but i don't think those fit the bill.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Have to agree, I wear roshes all the time but they don't work with a suit. The suit itself looks great though!
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

makes me wish I could wear Deepti's tailored pieces, 46 fits me in the shoulders but nowhere else..

Comment

• Shifts
          • Jul 2013

I rarely comment on anything this thread, but francojean23 that is ace! Didn't even look at the shoes the first time around, but agree that another choice would bring this one up a few more notches.

Still very, very nice. Would be nice to see an image shot at more straight angle of course.

Comment

• julian_doe
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
            makes me wish I could wear Deepti's tailored pieces, 46 fits me in the shoulders but nowhere else..
            DEEPTI doesn't offer size 44? Wow, that is dissapointing :/ I have never handled her stuff but some pieces seemed quite interesting.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Nice Franco

just happened to take a pic to show off my socks so ended up doing a WAYWT!

On Tap

linen peak lapel blazer
              rayon raglan sleeve tee
              silk and cotton gauze scarf
              double Layer peripatetic shorts
              overlock above the knee socks
              kangaroo carol poell
              Last edited by zamb; 12-03-2015, 04:17 PM.
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                DEEPTI doesn't offer size 44? Wow, that is dissapointing :/ I have never handled her stuff but some pieces seemed quite interesting.
                they do but I've not seen a western store carrying it. judging by the way a 46 fits I'd imagine a 44 would fit very narrow in the shoulders.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I think we are definitely witnessing the CCP school in Deepti's tailoring.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

Personally I thought "oh a CCP suit, nice" when I was scrolling down.
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

really? I mean I think they are entirely different, I will say the first time I saw it at first glance I thought it was CCP but the shoulder pad construction, fabrics, button, the whole deal is entirely different, I find D to be more sober and less aggressive, I mean the difference in shoulder padding is a pretty huge noticeable difference and arm construction is also completely different for both brands.

I find CCP has more of a hand made feel than D does in a sense that CCP in my experience tends to have more imperfections (purposely) than Deepti. Another more noticeable difference is where the liner fabric begins, Ds version does not go all the way into the armhole, but ccp does, I do not have ready examples for this but they are different creatures for sure. both jackets size 46 for reference.
                      ccp

deepti
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I am not saying she's copying what CCP did . She has her own brand now and therefore her own signature. But the similarities and philosophy are unmistakably similar, naturally so. The narrow shoulder/normal body fit, the stiffness of the fabrics, the attention to unconventional details, all these things that meant to breath modernity into what is a classic menswear staple.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• julian_doe
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
                          they do but I've not seen a western store carrying it. judging by the way a 46 fits I'd imagine a 44 would fit very narrow in the shoulders.
                          Thanks for the info., dji! Hopefully I'll be able to visit H. Lorenzo or another stockist soon in order to be able to experience her work.

I think the pieces that have caught my attention are mostly her parkas and jackets. For some reason the tailored pieces are not that attractive to me. Maybe once I see these in person my mind will change, but these seem very unexciting to me. For example, the silver plated suit is an interesting concept...but the pictures I have seen make it appear pretty boring. Maybe once these oxidize and age they will gain some charm, haha :)

Comment

• francojean23
                            • Sep 2008

DEEPTI encore..

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                              For example, the silver plated suit is an interesting concept...but the pictures I have seen make it appear pretty boring. Maybe once these oxidize and age they will gain some charm, haha :)
                              you should see the oxidized "peacock" version blazer that EM ordered, it's really something..

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                                really? I mean I think they are entirely different, I will say the first time I saw it at first glance I thought it was CCP but the shoulder pad construction, fabrics, button, the whole deal is entirely different, I find D to be more sober and less aggressive, I mean the difference in shoulder padding is a pretty huge noticeable difference and arm construction is also completely different for both brands.

I find CCP has more of a hand made feel than D does in a sense that CCP in my experience tends to have more imperfections (purposely) than Deepti. Another more noticeable difference is where the liner fabric begins, Ds version does not go all the way into the armhole, but ccp does, I do not have ready examples for this but they are different creatures for sure. both jackets size 46 for reference.
                                ccp

deepti
                                As I understand it DEEPTI was the Pattern Maker at CCP.
                                if she was the pattern maker, it stands to reason that many of the principles of cut found in CCP garments would be found also in the work of Deepti.
                                There is nothing wrong with that, as one should not have to change their knowledge built up over several years simply for the sake of separating ones self.
                                There is enough differences between the two, but one should not deny the similarities either.
                                Last edited by zamb; 12-05-2015, 04:13 AM.
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎