Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • naturalalmonds
    • Sep 2013

There have been many pattern makers at CCP. People seem to give Tania all the credit for anything that happened there for the Dead End collection... a guy named Shunsuke Teranishi was actually chief pattern maker at the time.

Tania worked there on and off, I think she interned, then tried to start her own label before returning to CCP. Some time after that she started the Deepti label.
    I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
      There have been many pattern makers at CCP. People seem to give Tania all the credit for anything that happened there for the Dead End collection... a guy named Shunsuke Teranishi was actually chief pattern maker at the time.

Tania worked there on and off, I think she interned, then tried to start her own label before returning to CCP. Some time after that she started the Deepti label.
      Incorrect. She's been there constantly since 2004/5 when CCP became the CCP we know today. She was instrumental in CCP's success. She was more than a pattern maker - many of the ideas came from her. It's not coincidence that after she left CCP basically fell apart.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• naturalalmonds
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Incorrect. She's been there constantly since 2004/5 when CCP became the CCP we know today. She was instrumental in CCP's success. She was more than a pattern maker - many of the ideas came from her. It's not coincidence that after she left CCP basically fell apart.
        Well the Shunsuke guy definitely takes some credit on his LinkedIn bio ;) (Not saying you're wrong, just that I wasn't sure if that information about Tania at CCP was first hand knowledge or "I heard from someone...")

Making patterns of all trousers since 2009 COLLECTION, and jackets, coats, skirts, shirts, gloves, t-shirts, dresses, and also their inside constructions such as canvases, shoulder pads, sleeve pads
        I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• dduyyy
          • Jul 2014

Zam/Carpe Diem for casual.

Comment

• Pumpfish
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            It's not coincidence that after she left CCP basically fell apart.

This is certainly a reasonable statement as long as we are waiting to see anything new from CCP post Deepti. I still live in hope..

Regarding similarities, I don't think even the experts would spot the difference if Deepti had been branded CCP. The major elements of the cut, the shoulder line, arm hole, break, fit through the chest, length, sleeve head, sleeve width are very close.
            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• francojean23
              • Sep 2008

If you couldn't discern the differences between DEEPTI and CCP, you haven't handled one or both of the designers..

Comment

• Pumpfish
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post
                If you couldn't discern the differences between DEEPTI and CCP, you haven't handled one or both of the designers..

I think the point isn't difference, it is continuity. Until CCP issues new designs post Deepti, she is carrying the line forward.

And I've known and collected CCP since he was injecting and burying leather.
                spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• julian_doe
                  • Mar 2013

"Oxidized Peacock" sounds insane, I'll have to check that out somehow.

[Bfrancojean23][/B], your last fit is awesome, especially the jacket. What material is the shell? If you don't mind me asking..

As I can discern similarities, I can definitely notice differences between the work of CCP and that of DEEPTI. One of these, is the fact that DEEPTI's tailoring looks more relaxed (for lack of a better term), compared to CCP's rigid shoulders and narrow waist. The width of the sleeves in DEEPTI'S jackets also appear to be roomier and less restrictive than CCP's.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                    • Oct 2014

Cold night in ATX.
                    Rick boar suede intarsia, drkshdw cotton long sleeve, drkshdw moleskine pods, UNIQLO heat-tech tights, Marc Jacobs military boots.

Comment

• round
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
                      drkshdw moleskine pods, Marc Jacobs military boots.
                      Something about this combination doesn't really work well imo

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                        • Oct 2014

Is the brand synergy score too low?

Comment

• byhand
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
                          Is the brand synergy score too low?
                          That's funny.

It's actually refreshing to see a Rick pod paired with something other than the usual Rick footwear.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                            • Sep 2015

Rick-A-Doodle - I don't know if it's the way you're posing, but the jacket seems a bit... small? It seems to hit at your waist, but it looks tough to zip up.
                            who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

What I've noticed in some posts is that I think spending money on home furnishings instead of clothes is important.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
                                What I've noticed in some posts is that I think spending money on home furnishings instead of clothes is important.
                                "Oh no! step away from the mic you're too cold"

-- Nate Dogg --

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎