X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Chant View Post
    Yes, but translation in french says "beautiful slender and rangy silhouette" due to high boots/narrow trousers combination.
    Because french is the langage of courtesy.
    isn't chant the greatest?
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

Thank you Chant, the magnifique comment just made my wife's day (she took that pic). Great article.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Cool Chant!!

I've made the cut :) :)
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• genzou2.0
          • Jul 2008

wish I could read French... Looks like a great article,
          magnifique!

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

chant what designers does that forum like?
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

thanks kira and kunk

who? those are some intense shrink wraps

hey Chant i wish I could speak more french, so i can participate in the 'star wars' that you say the French fashion forum is. I'm Han Solo 8)
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by inaya View Post
                JJ's jeans look fine on her and for her personal style, not everyone has to have the same uniform to look good.

omg WHO?! you removed your own cast? is that safe?
                I dont think that everyone has to have the same uniform to look good. I think completely opposite of that fact. I get bored when I see the same thing over and over again.

I enjoy J_J's sense of style. I enjoy looking at things that are not my preference. But something felt off when I was looking at it. Perhaps it is the cut of jean with the shoe, the color, or the tight role at the bottom... I am not sure. I was trying to think about it. I did also say that it may be my own aversion to the color...just to be clear.
                Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• tangerine
                  • Dec 2006

Chant, very thoughtful and well-documented exposition!

Although I unfortunately had to rely on the not-wholly-reliable Google translator, I was able to follow most of your commentary. I am pleased to have been included.
                  the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                    chant what designers does that forum like?
                    It's a huge (the biggest in France), but generalist one - let's say like SuFu -, so it's difficult to say which designers are in the top ten.

But I think one could delimit four general tendencies - and I guess one would find the same ones in any fashion forum :

- streetwear (and I don't know much about it), because the majority of the members is quite young, and wears usualy the casual Trinity "sneakers/jeans/hoodies", with the jeans tucked in the sneaks and the tongue out. So you'll find there a lot of threads dedicated to jeans (from Diesel to Kohzo).
                    - "classic" designers : DH, of course, Lanvin, Burberry Prorsum, Givenchy, KVA, but also APC, Costume National, Bottega Venetta (very much appreciated here), Robert Geller, Jill Sander, etc.
                    - "rough" or blingbling designers : D squared, Dolce et Gabbana, Gucci, Emporio Armani etc., but not so much.
                    - alternative designers : R.O, Yohji, MMM, Ann D, Dries van Noten, Damir Dona, Giulano Fujiwara, etc. A lot of members - under our strong influence - are entertaining a growing interest for them. They are quite expensive for most of them tough and thus hardly affordable.

But maybe Dndy1840 (we both are moderators there) could picture a more precise, or different, frame. And Fuuma too.
                    Last edited by Chant; 10-04-2008, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Magician
                      • Jul 2008

first WAYWT

Anne D (Thanks Lewisme)
                      Bblessing
                      H&M
                      Common projects
                      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Chant that sounds like a very comprehensive forum...well, that basically covers the whole shebang!

tangerine i've been meaning to comment, diggin your Number (N)ine denim jacket, still kickin myself for not pickin one up when it was on sale in the flagship
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

Chant thank you for that, very thoughtful indeed. I also relied on my pauvres adresses de lecture françaises and online translation. But I think I was able to discern the majority. I often think about the lines of the silhouette created when pairing things, from various angles of perception, how the lines can emphasize or de-emphasize areas of the body. I am personally drawn to a clean long silhouette line. I am not sure if that is my dancer influence or not, the ability to see distinct lines moving in space, closer to the body or perhaps that enables the body to be perceived more directly. Disturbance of those lines is great for challenging that notion of how the body is perceived and definitely another valid exploration. Interesting to think about.

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                            thanks kira and kunk

who? those are some intense shrink wraps

hey Chant i wish I could speak more french, so i can participate in the 'star wars' that you say the French fashion forum is. I'm Han Solo 8)
                            If anybody here is interested in, we would be very happy to welcome you on another forum - but a private one -, with a few handpicked members, more exigent and sharpen. We sometimes feel a little bit lonely there with our strange taste.
                            Airboyer already lurked there and enjoyed a lot, as far as I know.
                            Since everybody speaks - more or less - english there, you could post in english. PM me if you want to have access to it.
                            But, sorry, on this one there will be no , only gentle and kind debates.
                            We have also something more specific (on both forums) : private WAYWT galleries (only for registered members), where one shows his clothes - best combinations of them actually - and explains his own "philosophy" of fashion.
                            I would say that the vision of fashion there is more analytic and commenting based than on anglo-saxons ones.
                            Last edited by Chant; 10-04-2008, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                              very good eye kira i had missed that, but then again i cant see anything these days w my hair in my googles
                              i always see these kinds of things... like a dog walking with both legs on the same side. how my brain processes things, i guess. but i rather enjoy it.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                                But, sorry, on this one there will be no , only gentle and kind debates.
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎