X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BECOMING-INTENSE
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
    Conceptually, the outfit is a really interesting balance between Yohji's exaggerated (and yet very masculine silhouette) with a very feminine element introduced from the material and silhouette of the LUC tunic. To a degree, I think it especially makes sense to me because of the choice of designer - by introducing Yohji it makes clear what sort of an excercise it is.

But let's not even assume any knowledge of designer or intention - I simply like the overall impression. Like I said earlier when I mentioned Raf S/S 02 the lack of muscle and the trouser / tunic balance creates an extreme element of androgyny (I do not think the outfit is too feminine because it is ultimately almost sexless) that I enjoy in this outfit. While it may be "flowy" or "frumpy" the lines of it are extremely vertical and defined regardless which I think is important. It adds (almost) an element of severity (that may be too strong of a word for the idea).
    Yes, the more muscular broader frame would focus on a constructed duality/contrast of gender, while here it makes visible material, matter, body etc. There's no need to balance anything out or contrasting. It renders the multiple ...
    Very beautiful Duncan. I do prefer it with out sleeves, as it seems to focus the work in and to the body.

I like bare feet. I think it's the dancer ...

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

Snafu's pics are getting better and better...

I'll post tonight.

Comment

• snafu
        • Apr 2008

cheers guys, duncan imo label looks great wether your a boy or girl how much was it

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

reading people's analysis on people's outfits to minute details gives me a headache.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• i think people who dislike duncans outfit for being too feminine are narrowminded pussies. I love the fit. I agree with servo. It's sexless, it's a character, an impression, a mood. Not a gender. It's graphic in nature, and almost not a human body anymore. people should dress like this more often.

Comment

• grapz
              • Sep 2008

Duncans fit is more of an artistic work than something most people here would be comfortable wearing in public. Though it definitely has creativity and orginality.

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                i think people who dislike duncans outfit for being too feminine are narrowminded pussies. I love the fit. I agree with servo. It's sexless, it's a character, an impression, a mood. Not a gender. It's graphic in nature, and almost not a human body anymore. people should dress like this more often.
                i think theirs a fine line between fashionable androgynism and transvestism and that fit falls into the latter category

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Bring The Noise View Post
                  i think theirs a fine line between fashionable androgynism and transvestism and that fit falls into the latter category
                  Can you offer an argument or even present something substantial beyond your own opinion? At least try and explain where, for you, the fine line is (if you wouldn't mind).
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• and your phrasing insinuates that transvestitism is unlikable and bad? are you defending people who think duncan's dressing ugly?

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around what's so ugly and unfashionable about genderbending. It's done ALL the time. you just don't know. pants, suits, all of it, has been adapted by women. why can't men adapt womens wear? the best thing is that it's not even a dress duncan is wearing. It's a new form, that can't immediately be categorized as a sweater or shirt, and all of a sudden when you don't know how to label it it's disturbing you. lazy mindset.

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

heirloon your words on thissubject inspire me im so glad someone speaks with such confidence on such a subject you truely have a great outlook on fashion

Comment

• Originally posted by snafu View Post
                        heirloon your words on thissubject inspire me im so glad someone speaks with such confidence on such a subject you truely have a great outlook on fashion
                        thank you for your encouragement :)

Comment

• Bubu
                          • May 2008

Duncan looks like some character from Final Fantasy.
                          Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• black horizons
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Bring The Noise View Post
                            UHHHH WTF?

Didn't think I'd see this kind of closed mindedness here of all places... this is after all, a forum for fashion that is pushing boundaries, right?

Heirloom put it better than I need to, but the dude isn't even dressed like a woman, it is a new form. I like it, although it is not for me personally, I would never think it weird or bad if someone did choose to dress in this manner.

When you walk down the street in your CCP, Yurius what have you, even if in traditional male forms for clothing like jackets/blazers/pants, many people are looking at you and judging, because even that is different from the usual person's gap or whatever. Don't replicate that behavior in yourself, it is bullshit and VERY ugly.
                            www.black-horizons.com

Comment

• hihihi

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                                i think people who dislike duncans outfit for being too feminine are narrowminded pussies. I love the fit. I agree with servo. It's sexless, it's a character, an impression, a mood. Not a gender. It's graphic in nature, and almost not a human body anymore. people should dress like this more often.
                                It's not sexless - it's feminine. Must we have the same argument over and over again?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎