X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Scarf in real life approved today by two SZ members (same outfit as on the last picture, where the flashlight accentuated the contrast of course). They both said that it looked good, and much better than on the pictures.
    Now, please take a ticket to check by yourself too.

Comment

• christianef
      • Feb 2009

aha well with doma there is a direct raf influence who had a direct youth influence so there must be glimpses of it. but i meant just the scarf... basically i just don't think there's much continuity between the vibe i get from chant and the scarf...where as it with you it works perfectly. probably because of the sweats and choppy hair and it just seems to fit better with what kind of guy i would assume you are. with chant i just get a mixed message and it throws everything off.

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

No country for old men.
        No DD scarf neither.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

wow so much discussion over the scarf

looks good to me
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chant View Post
            No country for old men.
            No DD scarf neither.

DD scarf on Chant is 10000000 times better than the brokeass ending to that movie
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Raw Edge
              • Jan 2008

chant i always admire your style and your honest feedback.
              that said, i think the ccp look is great, but the more tailored look with the crazy drape octopus scarf isn't great imho, and having nothing to do with age.
              to me it is a question of how things mix- whereas lots of "fashion" type people love to mix high with low, and some clown on the sartorialist gets praise for wearing a army jacket with louie vuitton scarf, on SZ everyone tends to do something else: mix high with high.
              The problem with ccp is that, while it can be versatile in some ways, it only goes so far. the leather cowboy boot/ccp leather straightjacket look works well with other stuff like that, and the more tailored wool coat/trouser/derby look can work with other formal things- for the most part ccp tailored stuff just doesn't mesh well with big crazy drapey things.
              To me why Andrew's pic works is not because he looks young, but because his look is all that way- doma/rick/ann, etc.
              When they mix the LV scarf with army jacket, at least they work well together, whereas a common sz accident is something like: CCp tailored+ doma drape+ cdiem raw edged, and it just looks like a giant pile.
              It doesn't mean that rules can't be broken (or even that there are any rules) but in general it is like wearing a pink cape over your bespoke suit: it doesn't matter how nice the cape is, you're probably going to look goofy.
              It's almost a problem of being too *********** ruining great actual style- all the szA items stand out and fight each other for attention, and it'd be better to have more meshing subtlety.

Comment

• ironman
                • Apr 2008

i think the problem is

it looks exceptionally better in black lol. at least in andrew's pics

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                  wow so much discussion over the scarf

looks good to me
                  Ah ah ah ! (yes, we laugh like this in French. Translation : ha ha ha !). ML, you're afraid that I will send it back to you and claim for refund !

Raw-Edge, agree about CCP, the combination CCP + DD was more of a conceptual combination (oxymoron). But the last combination hasn't any CCP ingredient (Ann D + Todd Lynn).

But this scarf has never really been meant to work with any of these clothes, but with other DD stuff I don't have yet.
                  Btw I tried on today at L'Eclaireur a Boris Bidjan Saberi hooded drapey light coat, and the scarf would have worked perfectly with it. Would have been to easy though.

Comment

• Raw Edge
                    • Jan 2008

ah yes, makes sense to me.
                    And by the way the ann+dd one (and all your others waywt's in the past) were/are great.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Chant is a jolly good fella
                      Help him get his scarf togetha
                      Chant is a jolly good fella
                      Damir Doma for all of us

CCP isnt easy
                      LUC Doesnt please Me
                      Magiela Jacket for my Body
                      Ann D boots would be a Bonus!

Chant is A Jolly good fella
                      Help him get his scarf togetha
                      Chant is a Jolly Good Fella
                      Damir Scarf for all of US!!!!
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

^

i love that scarf. it reminds me of a CDG collection from a few years ago that had lots of wrapping and hanging plaits and knots.

Chant, I definitely prefer the way you had it wrapped previously when the tentacles didn't hang so symmetrically. And I think you had arranged it so that only two of them were hanging long, which looked a lot less octopussy. Also, couldn't you wear it like a shawl around your shoulders?
                        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                          • Nov 2008

Yeah! Shawl that shit!
                          Originally posted by philip nod
                          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• khiev
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                            Scarf in real life approved today by two SZ members (same outfit as on the last picture, where the flashlight accentuated the contrast of course). They both said that it looked good, and much better than on the pictures.
                            Now, please take a ticket to check by yourself too.
                            scarf is darker in real life and meshes really well color wise and texture wise with the coat Chant wore today, the pic really doesnt do the outfit justice

Chant, you looked looked frighteningly awesome in that light hooded coat... the scarf wouldve ruined it imo.

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                              Yeah! Shawl that shit!

i think i really want that scarf.
                              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

I think that scarf would look great on snarf.
                                also how long will this commercial last. Dvr has made me impatient
                                Last edited by philip nod; 02-23-2009, 09:02 PM.
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎