X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Eternal
    I have to disagree with a lot of you guys. I think it looks really good Shye Poser! you pull it off with attitude, and you sense some masculinity, a thing that I often don't feel from a lot of the outfits posted here. Some of them are way too feminine for me to think of as possible "hall of fame" outfits. Maybe on a women though, or maybe I'm not into cross dressing.

The thing that is making a lot of these guys pissed is that you look good ( no homo). So they call it guido because you don't look like a emo when posting pictures. Some of you guys got go out more often and get yourself some action.

(sorry, still drunk)
    yeah, and maybe you should revise this when you're sober.
    most of the clothes on SZ are quite feminine if you haven't noticed already so i don't know if that criticism can take root here.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

As in every other forum, people also here start to create groups/gangs. They hype each other to get respect, and just says WTF? whenever someone else posts anything. Got to keep their forumcred up you know.
      granted that the criticism towards that particular waywt post might be harsh, I dont think group mentality has anything to do with this. there have been a ton of new users along the years that have had no problems. fact is that when you enter a new community, you can either be subtle or loud as fuck. the latter tends to irritate people and might cause a reaction in an uneccesary place.

The thing that is making a lot of these guys pissed is that you look good ( no homo). So they call it guido because you don't look like a emo when posting pictures. Some of you guys got go out more often and get yourself some action.
      seriously?
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kas
        • Mar 2009

Or maybe, just maybe, I knew nothing about that user and thought his fit looked dumb?

...nahhhhhhh

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Whew..........,
          Glad im a sabbath keeper, it seems like all the fashion battles usually start around friday evening going into saturday (maybe too much people are drinking then and not really sober........... by the time I resurface on a saturday evening, the smoke be clearing from some kind of style fisticuff
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Magician
            • Jul 2008

In DC with a friend (Go Surface from sf), he found a R.O. SS 08 leather at Filenes for $700! Lucky fucker.

Julius
            H&M
            NDC
            Bag is Attachment
            Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Vanna
              • May 2008

You were looking pretty fabulous today, Natan.
              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• coup de grace
                x
                • Sep 2006

I have to disagree with a lot of you guys. I think it looks really good Shye Poser! you pull it off with attitude, and you sense some masculinity, a thing that I often don't feel from a lot of the outfits posted here. Some of them are way too feminine for me to think of as possible "hall of fame" outfits. Maybe on a women though, or maybe I'm not into cross dressing.

(sorry, still drunk)
                spare us.

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by merz
                  the whole thing looks like some sort of caricature of fashion scenesters
                  all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.
                  heirloom appears appropriate in the same getup that, on another man, would render them looking like a madhouse escapee.
                  Last edited by Sombre; 07-20-2010, 03:30 AM.
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• almroth
                    • Jul 2008

this 10~ year old kid screamed "fucking emo!" after me when I wouldn't give him a cigarette the other day.

on topic:
                    im so tired of you nagging about masculinity in clothes eternal, there's plenty wearing androgynous clothing who still manage to be their sex - and get sex. somehow I feel it's not even about the aesthetic of it, it's simply a question of balls for you.. which only makes you seem insecure and pretty ridiculous.

how you simply assume everyone's envious (?) of shye is hilarious, not everyone wants to be a douche and talk about their huge hands groping tits. " "

Comment

• pipcleo
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                      Had he posted this nobody would have batted an eyelid:

Had he had a boyish Asian face or a goth-y Scandinavian one with long blond hair you guys would be all over this.

In fact this looks like an outfit Les would wear...
                      fuuma , as one of a handful here who fully comprehends the none to subtle distinction between fashion and style , i find your comments curious.
                      this mis mash of black illustrates just how far one can submerge into fashion for fashions sake.
                      whether les or le poser , there is no inkling of style here .

Comment

• landwolf
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by almroth View Post
                        this 10~ year old kid screamed "fucking emo!" after me when I wouldn't give him a cigarette the other day.

on topic:
                        im so tired of you nagging about masculinity in clothes eternal, there's plenty wearing androgynous clothing who still manage to be their sex - and get sex. somehow I feel it's not even about the aesthetic of it, it's simply a question of balls for you.. which only makes you seem insecure and pretty ridiculous.

how you simply assume everyone's envious (?) of shye is hilarious, not everyone wants to be a douche and talk about their huge hands groping tits. " "
                        i seriously love you j

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

fuuma is totally right. it was the joey fatone-ish head that drew the hate.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                            • Mar 2009

Good lord have mercy! What on earth have i awoken to?!
                            im going to keep it fairly simple. People pass judgment just by others personal appearance on a daily basis.That is the world we live in.
                            But i find that in many cases here that alot of you have overly judged me just by appearnce and posts.
                            In the case of showing my credentials and that of my friends i find rather odd.
                            Is this not a forum to discuss creativity? Is ther an issue with me posting images on work that friends of mine have done or been involved in to garner some form of response?
                            To see what the more "open minded" people think,and there for get feedback? Guido? Douche?Im sorry guys i dont know too much American slang terminology or whatever it may be.(but i soon understood thanks to many of your replies)
                            Everybody is entitled to their own opinion,but to pass such judgment just by a few pics and posts.
                            I find it rather ridiculous as none of you know me from adam,nothing other than where i used to work and my rather big hands.
                            Either way id like to thank all for the kind words,the constructive criticism and those who just jumped on the bandwagon to have a dig.
                            Thank You

Guido signing out
                            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• jcotteri
                              • Jun 2008

i'm new here but i'm going to pipe up

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                              All I'm saying is that it does fall into the range of something that could get appreciation on SZ, is in fact well done and similar to many Les looks but I have a feeling cultural associations due to his origin (turkish? Greek? Italian?) and grooming style overshadow that. You associate him with "guidos" which is in part racial stereotyping and other parts an observation of him having certain "guido-esque" characteristics (grooming style, sunglasses). Yes it sorta re-contextualize certain elements (pointy boots, jewellery) but I remember having exchanges with a couple of our members about how CCP, for example, had a certain "Eurotrash" quality about it that could exit it's dormant stage at any moment.
                              absolutely agree

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              Whew..........,
                              Glad im a sabbath keeper, it seems like all the fashion battles usually start around friday evening going into saturday (maybe too much people are drinking then and not really sober........... by the time I resurface on a saturday evening, the smoke be clearing from some kind of style fisticuff
                              WTB: This

Comment

• booben
                                • Nov 2007

Like the picture Snafu, brings out the ricks properly.

And love the aviator Casius.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎