• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
    then don't talk so loud.
    Look, the whole things just comes off as trying too hard, trying to draw attention. Especially the bag, but the boots too. The Julius thing is very hard to pull off, but instead of toning down the elements around it, you turn up the volume.

I think here you crossed a thin line between an interesting outfit and an outlandish costume. If I may suggest, I would look for Chant's outfits of that sort - he strikes a perfect balance of unusual and organic.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

Mike is that the derby version or does is it a boot?
      Looks nice!
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

looking good as per usual mr looooowery!
        the shoes are killer!
        Snaf,those boot versions need to get nabbed quick!
        I tried calling dantone in milan for them but those buggers are useless and keep calling me Marco!
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

tange, yes it has the mild cape, and yes snaf and addict
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• tomatous
            Banned
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Look, the whole things just comes off as trying too hard, trying to draw attention. Especially the bag, but the boots too. The Julius thing is very hard to pull off, but instead of toning down the elements around it, you turn up the volume.

I think here you crossed a thin line between an interesting outfit and an outlandish costume. If I may suggest, I would look for Chant's outfits of that sort - he strikes a perfect balance of unusual and organic.

Add staff and pointed hat to complete a seriously bad ass wizard costume.

- Awesome jacket Mike

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
              nooo, snaf you had a good start with punctuation, dont stop now

haven't posted in a while, today:

I like this a lot, slouchier and slightly rougher than what you usually wear.
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

/\ the AVs look stellar.
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Mike Lowery looks great as always.

Late to the game, but I love it Heirloom. Yes, he could have toned down such a dramatic jacket, but the addition of all the elements (ie. pearls, scarf, boots) turns it into a fierce mongol look that could have come out of a Galliano show. I think it totally works and wouldn't be nearly as interesting if everything else was toned down to showcase the coat.
                  music

Comment

• Originally posted by Faust View Post

Dude, we're always going to disagree, so i dont see the point in arguing. We have completely different ideas, ideals and attitudes and backgrounds. What you see as an interesting outfit bores me, and what I find spectacular and amazing, you consider to be a costume. I indulge in the unreal because i want to. Of course I want to draw attention, but there is nothing bad or tacky about being outlandish. That was exactly the point with this outfit. I would've turned the volume up more if I found pieces to do so with. I have even designed a wedge heel boot with a goat hair train that I will produce to satisfy my outlandish needs.
                    I had this discussion with my boss today, that if you look at the bigger picture, ANYTHING a guy in the 1700's wore would be considered a costume today, especially by you. Therefor I don't see your argument as a valid point in our argument. All respect to you, but our mindsets simply can't communicate.

edit: Tomatous, now that was just silly. I won't need a staff like that for another 40 years ;)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

the re-edit of Heirlooms photo is epic :)
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• tomatous
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009

edit: Tomatous, now that was just silly. I won't need a staff like that for another 40 years ;)
                        Just as long as you don't turn me into a toad with it!

Comment

• Originally posted by merz
                          we've gotten some real acrimony going lately, a. your look is certainly different than what much of the forum would think of wearing or how, which doesn't take away from it in the least-- i'm just having to wonder why people are going to post photographs of themselves in their professed love for and compelling motive in being different from fellow man, only to get defensive the moment they come across some pretty much expected, occasional critical comment.

I mean, perhaps this will be cited as me 'tearing down everything constructive, but I really have to wonder why some of the more adventurous dressers also seem most easily-vexed.
                          Absolutely. I'm not being upset or hot tempered, but my comments are a bit sharp, thus I can understand you project an upset voice to my words.
                          Faust and I have had heated discussions before, and I don't really bother about it anymore. I am really happy that there in fact are people in here who are willing to discuss, and even happier that I find people with a similiar mindset, but if Faust really did hate drama, he wouldn't have dropped a provoking comment like that.

In the blog I was interviewed, and it says that I'm not only dressing like this to draw attention, but that this is a way of flicking peoples noses as society is flicking my for not being openminded enough.

If I could dress exactly like I wanted, you'd all think I'd be insane. It's not about taste or fashion. I consider compromises to be one of the ugliest things when it comes to something driven by passion.

It's the same in music.
                          Imagine if björk said "nah, that won't sell, let's call Max Martin"

Comment

• Originally posted by tomatous View Post
                            Just as long as you don't turn me into a toad with it!
                            I like you the way you are.

Comment

• Jon
                              • Apr 2008

Dude, we're always going to disagree, so i dont see the point in arguing.[...]
                              Good post. For me it's hard to fathom how you two could possibly provoke each other this much simply by having contradicting opinions of aesthetics...

IMO, the petulant bickering goes both ways (and a ways back in time) but I find a lot of value in each of your views. If you don't mind me saying; Faust, I think you're a bit quick to put down Heirloom's views. Heirloom, I think approaching this drama as you did here, with a well-written and respectful post will save everybody some grief - I'm sure you're used to getting a hard time for the way you dress but in my eyes you gain a lot of respect in addressing criticism in a respectful manner, as above.

You guys provoke drama in each other and I don't mind, but let's hug this one out and move on. I'm sure we can keep the discussion a bit more constructive in the future.
                              Originally posted by merz
                              perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• absolutely. It doesn't have to be as polarized as it has gotten. Even though fausts opinion isn't in my favour, he adresses the points I wanted to convey in the first place, so i guess it's a succes in a way still.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎