• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thomas.buckler
    Banned
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Chant View Post
    thomas.buckler, what you're doing here has a name :
    you forgot the name, subjective criticism.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by rocknrollnigger View Post
      I'm just saying from where I'm from you would get dick-slapped by some cholos.
      i think they have a rule about not messing with their customers
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by thomas.buckler View Post
        you forgot the name, nitpicking.
        I think what people are trying to say here is that your "subjective criticism" sounds very forced. I couldn't care less, you were off from the first sentence.

now maybe we could move on with the topic.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• thomas.buckler
          Banned
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
          I think what people are trying to say here is that your "subjective criticism" sounds very forced. I couldn't care less, you were off from the first sentence.
          what part sounded forced? It came natural, I mean, I just translated my thinking into this text field. I'm not angry with anyone or trying to find fault, as it were. I just felt bored/disinterested with the ensemble, so, being in a forum, I decided to speak my perspective and criticism. I think (yes, even with you Mike Lowrey) there is always room to make advancements.

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
            i think they have a rule about not messing with their customers

But I have to defend ML ,s honor as well. Have always been greatly inspired by his fits.

Comment

• Sion
              • Mar 2009

Whoa mailmoth, fucking awesome. I love it, awesome pants tbh.

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

Finding what works for you and doing it well is > always trying to push the envelope with ensembles that bring too much attention either way ... good or bad IMHO I like how Lowery is stylish without ever really being over the top BUT each to his own

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

i'm not sure that the drop crotch pants works well in that fabric. additionally, the black belt thingie doesn't work in my opinion as well.

lowery's fit is spot on, but i'm not feeling the julius mesh knit.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• swami
                    • Jul 2008

Now if ML had pecks like that .. We would have to start a whole new thread

Comment

• diamonds
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                      if you don't want your alphaghetti, i will have it glady.

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by thomas.buckler View Post
                          well. I definitely don't think he is a beginner, but I also think that he isn't advanced. (I'm not claiming to be advanced) His outfit feels (subjective) ordinary. Subfusc, but ordinary.
                          Buckler, it is the "ordinary-ness" of his outfits that makes them great, the thing with Lowery is that he knows what types of clothing are best suited to his bodytype and he sticks to that, so he takes great pieces and make them work, and takes ordinary pieces and makes them great............ he knows how clothing is supposed to fit, HE is wearing the clothes and not the clothes wearing him................
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

For me lowrey always delivers never really a bad outfit but imo often lacking that something, maybe it is the photographs and where they are taken. My real thing with mike is that he wears clothes exactly how they are ment to be worn he never really plays about with proportions or accessories its always quite simple clean i just wish he had added something more. But like pip and others have said that doesnt mean it is bad from the start. I would rarely put mike in HOF because of this but sometimes he blows me away 2 really come to mind his pic with julius sarti scarf and the privee boots really spoke to me more than other fits because he wore the scarf in such a way, he had the boots tucked in. And the simple basic attachment sneaks rick leather in the car park it just looked to me the perfect just thrown on casual outfit it looked comfortable and yet really interesting. Another one one with that blazer made me start looking trying to find one that would fit me.
                            I dont think mike will ever dress with paint on his face or whatever that doesn't mean its worse or better he is just not the character buckler is. I mean i cant imagine mike in a sarouel pant or whatever.
                            Sometimes i think mikes outfits are a bit bland his last one without the carpe jacket it wouldn't have got the response it did, i wish he added a bit more tone or colour.

Mike im not having a go i have saved many a photo of yours, you post regularly and really keep a high standard, i mean when has anyone been like woah mike failure there what went wrong you know what i mean, but i feel you play it too safe he he

Comment

• snafu
                              • Apr 2008

zamb you said it, i think they are too different characters they actually wear similar things but in a completely different way.

but at the same time i wish lowery would take more risks
                              i don't like to preach because i am really lazy with what i wear these
                              need to break the mould

days
                              Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              Buckler, it is the "ordinary-ness" of his outfits that makes them great, the thing with Lowery is that he knows what types of clothing are best suited to his bodytype and he sticks to that, so he takes great pieces and make them work, and takes ordinary pieces and makes them great............ he knows how clothing is supposed to fit, HE is wearing the clothes and not the clothes wearing him................

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                                Sometimes i think mikes outfits are a bit bland his last one without the carpe jacket it wouldn't have got the response it did, i wish he added a bit more tone or colour.
                                it was a very simple outfit and thats how I intended it, the jacket was at center stage.

what goes for risk, you're probably right, but I'm fine with that as I'm not really trying to accomplish anything or push any sort of limits. I try to dress in a way that looks good to me in everyday life, sometimes it might be a bit more unordinary and at times very basic. thats all there is to it for me
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎