X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

cool. i have the ellipse version that seats 10 and it was a nightmare.
    was thrilled when i got it for under 1k on ebay (and a verified original version) but then had to arrange freight shipping which cost another 1k. no such thing as a free lunch i guess.

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

That one is kind of a mid-height coffee table. I have a dining table that's similar...just a larger circumference and a longer stem but if you get any more than 4 people eating at it, you're basically on each others' laps.
      But yeah...the shipping is deadly on some of that stuff.
      I'm a few hours away from Chicago so luckily I've been able to pick up a few pieces around there without getting milked.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Vanna
        • May 2008

Originally posted by MonaDahl
        Kunk, I am in front of the fridge - it's the kitchen at home.
        eatbabies, I'm not sure where it's from, someone gave it to me and there's no label. I'll ask, though. I suppose it probably is meant to be a document case but I mostly use it as a clutch.
        It looks very nice, the size is perfect. I would use it as a clutch as well.
        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• KM80
          • Mar 2008

Beardown I love your fucking boots!

The fit looks nice, simple and casual, and the boots just kill it.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

ah knight. what a guy

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            some people can pull off anything. below are some photos of the publisher of artforum. always a monochrome concept. the palette is a bit bright perhaps for sz but this guy always looks great IMO. his office is in the same building as mine.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/package...w/27246997.JPG
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• eat me
              • May 2009

Originally posted by MonaDahl
              Kunk, I am in front of the fridge - it's the kitchen at home.
              Well fuck me... It's not the outfits, but the glass panels in beardown's house and the size of Mona's kitchen that do it for me. Someone hand me a silver spoon.

Fantastic living spaces you have there guys .

Comment

• jcotteri
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                That's an interesting conversation, and i'd like to participate a bit, insofar as my odd english allows me to do so.

Style had never been a strong center of interest in my life until those last months. I don't say I was absolutely indifferent to that matter, only that I didn't have a clue of the richness and intelligence it could convey. I was naïvely thinking that style and fashion were about either looking good or eccentric, which was, in both cases, not appealing to me.

And if I ended pushing this door, it's still not because of any of those two reasons : it is because, regardless of the way people receive it or care about it, it offers me an opportunity to give new shapes to my obsessions, using an entirely new medium. I use clothes as a reactive - to observe the way they may alter my perception of my own self, along with the perception of my physical environment.

If other people could not pay any attention to my outfits, I'd certainly be more than happy ; but since they do, and since I don't want them to interfere too much, I have to somewhat restrain myself. On the other hand, I feel that looking definitely outlandish may lead me to lose sight of my purpose : I'm looking for alterations, not for some kind of dressing-up. My outfits are not meant to create a gap between me and my surroundings - rather some kind of discrete, intricate and momentary connections.

To have people around not noticing what I am doing - and more than that, not interpreting it the wrong way, as a request for attention or anything of that kind - is one of my most secret pleasures. Even if it's a rare one.
                what i want to know is how you guys have such an increible grip on the english language.. Bravo.. +Chant too..

It is your second language no and you live in France?
                WTB: This

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                  what i want to know is how you guys have such an increible grip on the english language.. Bravo.. +Chant too..

It is your second language no and you live in France?
                  Thanks ! Yes, I live in France. Never been to the United states ; as for England, I only spent a few days there, and that was years ago. Therefore my lack of experience is obvious when it comes to speak english in usual situations. But I read it fluently, and that must be the reason why I'm able to write in it a little better than I was expecting.
                  Last edited by Mail-Moth; 05-30-2009, 08:29 AM.
                  I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                  I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

Back from the market a few minutes ago. Perfect weather, a cool eastern wind, beautiful light. The camera saturated the colors a bit : the brown is more greenish and the blue darker.

I like to wear this light jacket when the weather is windy, just to feel it shaken around as I walk.

I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

You are so romantic, Mail Moth.
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• dontbecruel
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        And dontbecruel - I don't know where that came from. I thought you knew me better.
                        I realise now what a personal attack that must have sounded like and I'm sorry about that. I don't think at all that you are bigoted in real life. But the way you pass judgement on contributors and all the itchy trigger finger banning can be rather restrictive can't it?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Yes, it absolutely can. And yet, that has allowed me to keep a level of discussion here that, if I may say so myself without sounding pompous, is rarely found on other fashion forums.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                            Well fuck me... It's not the outfits, but the glass panels in beardown's house and the size of Mona's kitchen that do it for me. Someone hand me a silver spoon.

Fantastic living spaces you have there guys .
                            LOL...You don't need a silver spoon...just put yourself in debt for 30 grand with student loans, bust your ass for 6 years to get your foot into the door of the industry you want to work in and then sleep about 5 hours per night while working 12+ hours per day.

Give up any real semblance of a relationship in your life while you're traveling half of the month out of every year but still manage to have sex with lots of random, strange women at afterpartys in strange cities and you're halfway there.
                            Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Who?
                              • Aug 2007

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

I have to say on a general note the outfits now are far less homogeneous than they were a little over a year ago when I started reading this forum as a guest. It's a good thing because it introduces new concepts and sparks conversations that otherwise would have been impossible (this is in no way a reference to isuck's pic).
                                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎