X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Darkbydesign, and everyone else, please make sure your pictures are high quality. Most of the ones you posted are not good enough to be there.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

MBD, Thanks for keeping this going. I really should get back to photographing.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Yes, I also wanted to thank MBD - you have so many nice clothes, thanks a lot for taking the time to take photos.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
          • Oct 2010

Hi all,

You're welcome! Honestly, your thanks came at a time when I happened to need a little encouragement. I'm doing it slowly, and there are days when I feel like the time I've spent archiving my clothing is a 3rd job...

As such, I want to encourage everyone -- women and new members in particular -- to post their garments if they think that someone else would like to see it outside the context of editorial or runway.

Yes, we are all busy, but I am very excited to see what's in your closet, even if you only have one garment you feel is up to archive standards.

Cheers all, and thanks to everyone else who is posting in the archive. I love browsing through this section.

MBD
          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

^the rick coat you posted was incredible. guess no one can keep it up forever as the current men's and women's collections are leaving me cold.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

Kunk -

No shit right? After seeing the first Dick Oven deliveries in the stores and prices (every season with every designer is a "welcome to your new price point" moment. jezus) I am finally wishing that he would take a quick break from looking for the new evolutionary stage and make improvements on things that really worked.

I love this jacket because it's really androgynous, but it came out only in the womens line and I don't even think it would fit on a man in its largest sizes. RO revisited the same theme with a slightly padded jacket for men in AW 2009 but without the really structural and technical double funnel collar. If he reworked this jacket for men and got rid of the velcro in favor of another closure system, adjusted the length, cut it in different fabrics, I think he'd have a classic in the making, which would make more of an impact than what he has done for men/SS 2012. (I see this jacket as being more popular with men than women - mine is a size IT 38, and it'd probably fit a young boy better than 99% of women.)

I'm gonna cross post this in the Dick Oven thread with the hopes that his team will see it...

MBD

Comment

• aussy
                • Jul 2011

Attachment mainline cool to post in the KKA thread? Had a second at work, so just added a quick shot of a Julius piece. Going to start bringing more stuff in to photograph ;)

Comment

• Cyan
                  • Feb 2009

aussy, I'm so glad that the julius coat finally found a good home, it deserves . Nice photo too

Comment

• darkbydesign
                    • Sep 2010

Yeah, that original season Julius coat is impossible to find . Wish it was mine! haha Great piece indeed.

Comment

• dmash
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                      Yeah, that original season Julius coat is impossible to find . Wish it was mine! haha Great piece indeed.
                      Huge +1, I could never pull that off, that thing is awesome though!!!!

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                        I love this jacket because it's really androgynous, but it came out only in the womens line and I don't even think it would fit on a man in its largest sizes. RO revisited the same theme with a slightly padded jacket for men in AW 2009 but without the really structural and technical double funnel collar.
                        (edit: I stand corrected! Albert just posted a photo of the mens version of the double collar jacket from mens Exploder...thanks so much A. For the purposes of comparison, it is so fun to see the pieces one after the other.)

MBD

Comment

• aussy
                          • Jul 2011

Thanks for the positive feedback! I love that coat.
                          Had a couple of minutes again, so I added two CDG pieces :)

Comment

• aussy
                            • Jul 2011

Question: are my attached images showing up small? would just post to my photobucket, but I like the permanence (and non bandwith use) of attached images

Comment

• thee_vultures _actress
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by rilu
                              thee_vultures _actress, that Attachment linen coat you posted looks so beautiful! I hope to see a fit pic of it!
                              And the same goes for that Lost & Found jacket :)

thanks rilu! that L&F jacket gets much wear these days, hope i´ll be able to snap a pic of it worn the next days.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

MBD - your collection is seriously enviable. I honestly didn't have much appreciation for Watanabe, having only really paid attention to this menswear, but your pieces are incredible. Ditto for the Ann/YY, etc. etc. Respect.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎