• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

bwhahahahahaha
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• genevieveryoko
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by merz
      a fan, though maybe not as much as i've made it seem with my last post. would someone explain to me the concept of 'bed shoes'?
      I don't understand why people need to have "personal" or "bed" shoes and then IRL shoes...my Ann D super pointy wedge pumps can function as both.
      Last edited by genevieveryoko; 09-01-2011, 09:43 PM.
      http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• genevieveryoko
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by merz
        my personal definition on that has always been more along the menacing lines.. there is nothing more compelling to me, at least visually, than something cold and unyielding. forms that seem to be indigestible to the traditional 'male gaze'
        as long as nobody calls you a witch

Comment

• sargon97
          • Jan 2009

Christmas is coming, any thoughts on these? They are sort of a 2 in one boot, with the top part able to be detached. They are fairly chunky but somehow seem more elegant that other AnnD offerings this season.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

these are fucking sick beyond belief. you know we get lost in ma, guidi, poell, etc, but to me Ann has always made the best boots in fashion. speaking of which, i just lost an auction on a pair :(
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lumina
              • Dec 2009

I hope you're ready, I have a lot of pictures

I have to admit that I balance between flats and heels. I think that I prefer general silhouettes with flat shoes, and in everyday life I'd rather feel confortable than restrain my movements because of shoes, but as an object (or if you know how to walk with it), nothing beats a beautiful pair of heels. So gracious. In fact I love heels, but most of the time, I feel more "me" with flats, derbies, ballerina.

I really can't make a definite choice, but I don't think high heels work with clothes like Yamamoto's or CDG. Of course you can wear a Yamamoto jacket with pants and heels (and look good), but I think it removes the spirit of his clothes, it changes everything, and gives a very different feeling.

Anyway, here are some of my favorites from both sides.

Yohji for flats. Tiny sneakers, derbies, doc martens, boots :

Dream heels :
              Mc Queen :

Miu Miu :

Prada :

Dries Van Noten :

Sadly I don't own any of these !

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                • Sep 2009

wow, those are some great shoes Lumina...

and for the third or fourth time, I am obsessed with those Ann D. wedge boots...they are perfect....!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• i like the tapered quality of the RO heels. these heels seem too chunky.

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

not sure about demeulemeester boots this season, i saw a small grouping but never tried those on. concerned they might slip around when worn together? looking at my closet, it seems i prefer her heels to wedges and more distressed leathers, so that may also come into play for me.

mona, those rain boots are perfect, i'm sure they are the real thing. lots of eventers and hunters wear waterproof boots in the field.

Comment

• fadetogrey
                      • Apr 2009

I didn't mind the pony hair wedges with the strap at the top, but those were really the only pair that peaked my interest this season. It was really tempting when mona moore was having their black friday sale....

Mona- great call on the rubber riding boots. I had a pair when I used to have a horse, makes me all nostalgic for my pony

Comment

• sargon97
                        • Jan 2009

Thanks for all the input, looks like I will need to take her to try them on...

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                          • Jan 2007

really feeling these veronique branquinho shoes (would say booties but i hate that word so much). the accented heel does it for me.

sorry for the link, the page is flash so i cant save the picture.
                          Originally posted by jogu
                          i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                            • Sep 2009

those are absolutely beautiful, and I want them.

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

remember cruel shoes...by steve martin?

Stiletto Claws

PHOTOGRAPH BY DON ASHBY There are many theories about sartorial behavior as an economic indicator. In dark times, hemlines go down. Lipstick sales go up. And high heels grow ever higher, an attempt to lift our collective spirits by elevating women a few extra inches off the ground. So it was, perhaps, that during Paris fashion week in October, Alexander McQueen sent down the runway lobster-claw ankle booties that were the highest, and probably the strangest, shoes we have seen since the disco footwear of the 1970s. "I don't think it makes sense to play safe in these times," McQueen said in an interview, adding: "The world needs fantasy, not reality. We have enough reality today."
                              The boots — 12 inches tall, and so arched that the models who wore them appeared to be walking on pointe, like alien ballerinas — were part of McQueen's Spring 2010 collection, "Plato's Atlantis," a dystopian aquatic vision.

The surrealistic clothing, digitally printed with reptilian patterns, was itself something to behold, but as the models teetered along, it was difficult to focus on anything but the footwear. (Miraculously, there were no spills.)Though a shoe like this would usually provoke the typical feminist debates about high heels, this one stands outside of such human considerations. Dubbed "the armadillo" by McQueen in a Twitter post, the boot transformed the models' feet into hooves, or the claws of some futuristic crustacean. Appropriately so: McQueen, influenced by "On the Origin of Species," presented a kind of evolution in reverse: from the sea we emerged; to the sea we will return.
                              But the message may also have been more mundane. These are shoes in which form topples function, an extreme version of the increasingly vertiginous — and nearly unwearable — heels that designers have offered for the past year. Indeed, "Can you walk in them?" was the question asked by many women on the Internet. The answer would appear to be: not easily. Though fashion creatures like Daphne Guinness and Lady Gaga have worn them, editors at British Vogue, who test-drove the boots, blogged that they "miserably failed to make it further than the Vogue fashion cupboard." AMANDA FORTINI

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                                • Jan 2007

For what it's worth I would wear those if I was I had to switch gender for a day. They're awesome. But my taste as a girl would generally make me look like an alien dominatrix I think.
                                Originally posted by jogu
                                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎