X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

gnarjen, the air would be quite thin wearing those. :-)

ive been on a shoe binge.

mmm limited edition tabi, like galia's but in black.
    mmm black rose ankle cowboy, not sure about these...
    guidi aubergine oxford

i havent received any yet though.

p.m. update: just received the guidi shoes. very cool indeed. they have soul. fit is perfect (thanks to colleen at PA) and if ever i thought of me wearing a conservative oxford these are not those, they really are kind of bluesy, like jerry garcia on steel pedal if you know what i mean...

the LE tabis are one serious boot. never seen anything like them, so much thought went into these. however, the black rose cowboy is not for me, but cant say enough about mmm leather, soft as a horses' muzzle.
    Last edited by rider; 12-15-2009, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• I don't like peep toe shoes, but i like those pugh's. they're in the same vein as the wedges of RO. Agresssssssive.

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

Comment

• Mar 2009

Originally posted by fadetogrey View Post
          I didn't mind the pony hair wedges with the strap at the top, but those were really the only pair that peaked my interest this season. It was really tempting when mona moore was having their black friday sale....
          When I went to mona moore, the owner was wearing some ann wedges. both are wonderful.
          I had to try on the ro wedges boots, even if I knew they were too small for me. They're simply amazing. I need them in my life.

Comment

• Sombre
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
            no, a store owner in stockholm have the womens version. she told me about the same issue.
            It's the construction that is faulty. the sides can't be sewn cause if they were, you wouldn't be able to get it on the last with the wedge. it's in the assembly order of the manufacturing that fucks it up. and when you bend your ankle as you walk, it strains the side seams.
            Why don't you find a bespoke shoemaker nearby, carry the RO wedges to him, explain the problem, and ask if he can make something similar or identical in style but without the construction issue? You seem really heartbroken over the loss, so it might be worth a try.
            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• mesh
              • Dec 2006

Wow do womens shoes go up to a 10? I don't think I've ever seen that.

Comment

• mesh
                • Dec 2006

I meant I didn't know it was common from to go that large.

I guess I'm so used to little feet my ex is 6.5-7 so please pardon my ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                  Why don't you find a bespoke shoemaker nearby, carry the RO wedges to him, explain the problem, and ask if he can make something similar or identical in style but without the construction issue? You seem really heartbroken over the loss, so it might be worth a try.
                  there is only one bespoke shoemaker in stockholm, and they suck balls. I have it in mind, but it will cost about twice the amount of what the wedges cost, so it'll have to be a while.

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

the guidi's with lacing done right and the tabis which are in a galaxy of their own.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

jesus christ are you kidding me with those tabis???
                      they are heaven
                      where did you find them?
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Yes, rider, looks like the lacing works! Do you feel it looks good like that, or do you find it strange? Kinda hard to see without a side shot. Love them tabis too.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

Funny, yours seem to have much less nails than mine...

Comment

• rider
                            eyes of the world
                            • Jun 2009

thanks. i love the lacing like this, the fact its not obvious makes it a tad sublime. it was a great suggestion.

laika, fantastic mind blower right. i found them one morning on yoox. tbh, i bought 4 pairs - 3 black (1 I'm keeping) and one in the bone that galia has. i thought i would try to sell the other 3 on ebay but i would be happy to pass along my cost to any one here. i have 38, 38.5 in black and 37 in bone. lmk if you want a pair before sunday.

another shot from not so great an angle...but you can see the color really well.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

looks neat rider, especially on the side where the lace color matches the shoe. leather laces are such an awesome touch, i think.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• comex9
                                • Jan 2009

am I daft in thinking these are men's shoes. they look like the high heels I recently see a lot of men's shoes going...

Originally posted by rider View Post
                                thanks. i love the lacing like this, the fact its not obvious makes it a tad sublime. it was a great suggestion.

laika, fantastic mind blower right. i found them one morning on yoox. tbh, i bought 4 pairs - 3 black (1 I'm keeping) and one in the bone that galia has. i thought i would try to sell the other 3 on ebay but i would be happy to pass along my cost to any one here. i have 38, 38.5 in black and 37 in bone. lmk if you want a pair before sunday.

another shot from not so great an angle...but you can see the color really well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎