• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

thanks for the input, it really helps.

mona, sent back the wedge it wasnt my thing. talk about too much going on...laika, i agree with the chunk factor but i think i can live without sexy since i wouldnt say i aim for that but you did just remind me of the dries strappy sandal with the red heel that is in a subtle way kind of sexy. these are more of a gladiator style unlike anything else in the closet. lumina, just as good from the side, they make my legs look like skinny gams which is just fine with me. love your silver yohji's btw. :-)

another option is the marni ones on eva gentry consignment site. these, but they are really high.

Last edited by rider; 03-19-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• droogist
      • Sep 2006

^ I have the wedge version of the Marni's, and love them to pieces - actually I'd like to get my hands on a pair of the heels as well - but the height does rule them out as an everyday shoe. If looks are the main concern here, I'd say return the Ann's and go with the Marni's. If practically is an issue, well, I can't help you... :P

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

may i ask how the marnis run for you? the front looks very narrow and i would hate to have the toes overhang.

believe me, you've all been a great help.

Comment

• droogist
          • Sep 2006

Toe overhang won't be an issue because of the point, but in any case the wedges ran small. I'm normally a 37-37.5 and took a 38. (But the wedges only came in whole sizes - I don't think that's the case with the heels...?)

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

does anyone selling Rehihard Plank footwear?
            I have seen them twice on women before and been a huge fan... just wondered as my girlfriends birthday is coming up and i need to figure something out.

Comment

• Lumina
              • Dec 2009

Once again, if you ask, I would choose the Ann ones for sure in this Ann vs Marni battle But the choice is your own !

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

yay to the marni rider, they are hot.
                ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Rider, don't listen to laika - Anns are hot! And don't listen to me - I smoke Ann crack.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

By the way, girls, some choice Dries footwear at Century.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Ladies, help me out - why is it that I see either 4 inch heels or ballet flats? Where do you go for the happy medium? Whatever happened to delicate elegance?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Fak yea!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

my take is that, delicate elegance is still around and strongly represented in many varying heights. heels, especially high ones have an easier time of it simply because height often adds grace if done well. a good example would be the marni's posted above (at least to me...

flats, can be elegant too, jil sander did a beautiful one this season in cut out suede and they appear to have a delicate nature to them because of the open air work. i think azzedine alaia is another example of footwear that often has both of those qualities and he succeeds in mid-heeled and flat versions.

even these mid-heel margielas have something to be said for grace and beauty. i have no idea why i like them so much but i do. well, they might be 4 inchers though.

Comment

• Lumina
                            • Dec 2009

Now I want these Jil Sander >
                            I have heels closer to 3 inches, but I have them for a while, recently it's true that everything is very high, or wedge.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
                              just received these. this seasons fit seems to be true unlike past seasons. love the shoe, actually adore the shoe and def need a strappy black heel for spring and summer but horsey needs maintenance so i'm strapped (pun intended), but they have their hold on me. i have them packed up to go back but cant bring myself to drop them off just yet. sorry to impose but are they that good that i should suck it up and keep them? dont know if i will find them on sale later on since these seem to be the best selling ann shoe this season. if anyone has other alternatives at less cost, fire away.

please be kind about the winter feet, they havent seen the light of day just yet.

I'm a bit late, but these look very good!
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• JoniF
                                • May 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡