X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kir
    • Jan 2009

Thank you.

Amen to Aitor, if he doesn't drop out to become an archiect/graphic designer/comic book artist/football uniform designer. I want to see what happens when he properly transitions from concept to saleable clothes, his use and grasp of materials, whether he can edge away from the boyish sports themes and display only embelishments.

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Welcome. Two years here and you'll be a goth ninja cinderella. Of course it's better to find your own style :-)
      Haha. I do have my own style; it's just not like snafu's, for example. On certain days though, it is SZ lite, or SZ 2% . Tried on that Raf long cardigan in Bblessing the other day, but didn't go through with the purchase because I have more bulk on my lower half than on my upper half, so the cardi looked fine until the waist, then it started pulling in places once it got to my hips. Oh well, there will be other pieces.

Nice Junya coat btw. It looks pretty sick. (Sorry if that was creepy, but I remember it being a HG for you).
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Kodiak
        • Jan 2009

yo dawgs, I'm Kodiak. 19, from CA, working on building a decent collection of clothes.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

oh hell yeah
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Kodiak
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
            oh hell yeah
            hi lol

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
              Haha. I do have my own style; it's just not like snafu's, for example. On certain days though, it is SZ lite, or SZ 2% . Tried on that Raf long cardigan in Bblessing the other day, but didn't go through with the purchase because I have more bulk on my lower half than on my upper half, so the cardi looked fine until the waist, then it started pulling in places once it got to my hips. Oh well, there will be other pieces.

Nice Junya coat btw. It looks pretty sick. (Sorry if that was creepy, but I remember it being a HG for you).
              Thank you. Not creepy at all.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Kodiak View Post
                hi lol
                if this is really Kodiak then cool, what's up.

if it's an impostor, then go bang yadelf with a cattle prod. Something about this post makes me suspect...doesn't sound very Kodiak-esque.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• BeauIXI
                  • Nov 2008

Suppose I may as well..

Hello, I'm Beau, currently a literature and general art student in Vancouver. I began my life as a self-proclaimed fashionista at a young age, buying second-hand clothing and adopting a vintage style. Myself (regrettably) being an easy target for fads, it would be natural for me to walk into a store selling Nudies and be absolutely obsessed, almost immediately creating a myNudies account (Superfuture being too harsh and hostile) and adopting the culture of the denim heads, japanese brands, researching indigo, hailing others for their well-worked in boots bags and wallets, and amassing a large (now unwanted) sum of Nudie products and forum posts until finally getting sick of the whole thing once realizing how restricting and often shallow raw denim really is.

Finally I dove into the dangerous, murky depths of Superfuture, obsessed with the rep system for two weeks, posting "WTB" listings in the supermarket and talking about Common Projects with commoners and taking solstice in the knowledge that there were others who knew even less than I did about the clothing everyone was posting about.

Haunted by a few Rick Owens pieces I had glimpsed, but daunted by the price, I finally took a pilgrimage to Chinatown to visit Komakino at 111b. Walking down the steps and beholding the racks and racks of Rick and Raf, I knew, at that moment, that I would never again hold any spare change. Once I felt the fabrics used, admiring the fits and the plain ingenuity of the designers there, nothing else interested me. I had fallen, and there was no turning back. So, essentially dropping subscription to two other forums, all I do is lurk here, and post occasionally when I have something to offer or add. I hole Style Zeitgeist in high esteem for its calibre of language and the respect, maturity and erudition its members have.. Oh, and for the clothes.

I'm excited to be a part of your zeitgeist.
                  Originally posted by philip nod
                  somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Kodiak
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                    if this is really Kodiak then cool, what's up.

if it's an impostor, then go bang yadelf with a cattle prod. Something about this post makes me suspect...doesn't sound very Kodiak-esque.
                    oh, its me

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Welcome, Beau.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

I apparently cannot post attachments (i.e. am not allowed to, rather than unable to, as a result of ineptitude). Por que?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          I apparently cannot post attachments (i.e. am not allowed to, rather than unable to, as a result of ineptitude). Por que?
                          Are you looking to post pictures?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

Yes I am. (Sorry this is in the worn thread meant to post in SZ relaunch one, and I have also tried searching and FAQ)

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              Yes I am. (Sorry this is in the worn thread meant to post in SZ relaunch one, and I have also tried searching and FAQ)
                              1. go to www.tinypic.com or www.imageshack.us
                              2. Upload your pic (make sure you choose "Messageboard" in "Resize" window"
                              3. You will get a page with your image. Copy the entire link that says "For forums" (it will have IMG tags).
                              4. Paste the entire link in the body of a post.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rlschwart
                                • Jan 2009

Long time listener, first time caller. Or something along those lines. I'm in SoCal and love clothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎