Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MyHeartIsInMyHead
    • May 2009

Im Chris, or well Chris figures once somewhere in my name. Im twenty years old, and i only recently developed a taste in 'fashion' altough i wont go so far as call me fashionable yet. I got stopped recently in the train for some magazine who took a picture, found myself in the last page with a wrong name and misquotation! But it still spurred me on to pursue my new dalliance. I was directed to Zeitgeist by chance and found myself smiling at the anti-spam question, being quite fascinated by Owens myself. Anyways, i was really only here for the odd chance that i found something that fit my skinny tall frame and more importantly my budget, but i decided i might as well become or at least try to become part of this, from what little ive read, awesome community.

So. . without further ado, Hi!

Probably not going to be anyone reading this anyways but :d

Comment

• jcotteri
      • Jun 2008

hi myheartisinmyhead...

name reference?
      WTB: This

Comment

• MyHeartIsInMyHead
        • May 2009

I can't even remember who it was that mentioned it but uhmm, i dont think he was a member, or at least nothing more than a stalker, wait lurker here.

Comment

• Ob.Zen
          • Jun 2009

Hi guys.

I have been lurking here for a while now, so I figured it's about time I introduce myself.

I'm Oliver, 17 years old from Melbourne. I have only recently discovered my love for 'fashion', and after styleforum, and then sufu, I have finally found my home in sz

Sadly lacking in funds though... Donations?

Comment

• jcotteri
            • Jun 2008

hi Oliver.. Another Melbournite.. welcome

what's your username on sufu?

Comment

• Ob.Zen
              • Jun 2009

Hey J, thanks for the welcome.

I'm Ollie on sufu I think, I haven't logged in forever. Serial lurker, haha.

Comment

• the-orb
                • Jun 2009

Hi everyone, I just registered as a member recently but have been lurking for a couple of months. I came across SZ after googling for some brands and items. Also, I had been checking out Atelier's website for the last few seasons, so I finally realized this is the forum I've been looking for.
                I'd always liked the whole deconstructed/worn/unusual fabrics look, so when I came across brands like Julius, MA, Ann D, DRKSHDW, Augusta, CCP etc about 2 years ago, it was like a revelation. Then I saw the prices, and went back into hiding as I'm still a grad student. I'm graduating very soon though, so hopefully if I get a job, it will be more realistic to get a few new items.

Unfortunately, as a few other members here, I don't live in an area with access to these brands, or any interesting brands, for that matter, so for now the Internet has been my main weapon. Although I gotta say, buying online is not always that easy, I've probably returned more items than the ones I kept, but then I don't have much experience yet, so maybe that's why.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

welcome guys!

The Orb, I'd say a great way to start is to be diligent about the SZ classifieds. Great pieces at great prices show up here pretty regularly!
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• the-orb
                    • Jun 2009

Thanks, I'm already on it! Hopefully will be getting my first SZ item next week. The "good finds" thread is pretty useful too, a great community here...

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    welcome guys!

The Orb, I'd say a great way to start is to be diligent about the SZ classifieds. Great pieces at great prices show up here pretty regularly!

Comment

• marck
                      • Dec 2008

Been a member for a few months now so thought it would be appropriate to contribute to this thread.
                      I go by the name of Marc. I am 20 and study marketing at university. I like my studies but not as much as how i feel about clothing.
                      I enjoy reading the conversations had on this forum and am looking forward to be part of this community + contribute the best i can.
                      I adore Ann, Rick, VA and the works of Tatsuko Horikawa.

Big hello to you all.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Welcome. Who is this last person you mention?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• marck
                          • Dec 2008

oh im terribly sorry i meant Tatsuro Horikawa (the one behind Julius)

Comment

• jcotteri
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Welcome. Who is this last person you mention?

welcome Marc

Comment

• Babyshamble
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by the-orb View Post
                              Unfortunately, as a few other members here, I don't live in an area with access to these brands, or any interesting brands, for that matter, so for now the Internet has been my main weapon. Although I gotta say, buying online is not always that easy, I've probably returned more items than the ones I kept, but then I don't have much experience yet, so maybe that's why.
                              Same as me my friend. No shops whatsoever round my way and it is online only, and I like you, have returned so many items. My first purchase online was a cheap Hugo Boss suit, size 48 off eBay. It drowned me

Not knowing my measurements and size was a mistake I've come to learn from, so I then went for quite a few 46 purchases, which, depending on the designer either fit ok, or was still over sized. Another mistake was buying an Ann D size S sweater, which made me look like I was wearing my dads clothes when I was 5 years old .

Experience was my key, I know what size to get and which designers fit bigger or smaller than usual, thanks to this forum. I'm now a true 44/ XS, so imagine that size 48 suit :)

Originally posted by the-orb View Post
                              Thanks, I'm already on it! Hopefully will be getting my first SZ item next week. The "good finds" thread is pretty useful too, a great community here...
                              Good Finds is what helped me too. Ive picked up quite a few from that thread, and am always checking it for new updates.

Welcome! :)

Comment

• delirium
                                • Sep 2008

Realized I never introduced myself.

20, undergrad student studying bio and econ.

Definitely still developing my style on a budget, and SZ has helped me explore many artisanal brands which I appreciate. I'm also trying to learn how to construct garments. It's going slow, but I have a lot of inspiration here - especially the student works subforum :).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎