X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by doppel View Post
    I used to live in New York, went to SVA for graphic design, dropped out and interned and worked around town, did the whole nightlife thing, worked for a great little shop called First Among Equals for the last year I was there, then moved back to Hawaii to return to school.

Ok! Hi!

hi, so you dropped out of the SVA GD program where milton glaser, paula sher, and james victore teach?

i hope they offer a better program in hawaii...

Comment

• .:gareth:.
      • Oct 2009

Hi boys, nice to meet you...
      I'm 20 years old and and i'm from italy. My favourite designer is Rick Owens, but i love also Ann D and Tatsuro Horikawa...

Thanks for Your attention !!

Comment

• doppel
        • Apr 2009

endersgame: well aware of the faculty and alumni of SVA. i would recommend it to anyone who was interested in pursuing a career in graphic design. i had some fantastic instructors, and i do think SVA has one of the best, most well rounded programs in the country for graphic design.

interest1: totally appreciate your suggestions..

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

hey everyone,

guess it's time to formerly introduce myself although i'm sure visitors of other boards have already discerned my identity.

my name is j and i'm an old fuck, a r e a l l y old fuck, prob old enough to be most of your father. i went to school for an mba in finance 4 decades ago but dropped out to become a $150/week "trainee" in a licensed designer manufacturing company of tailored men's clothing...worked my way up thru merchandising and eventually exec vp of sales for a company that 'back in da day' did close to $50 mill. i became disillusioned with the business aspect of the industry and left. i have since been an investment banker...hated that and became a certified fitness trainer. i love all sports but my aged and deteriorated body forced me to quit training... i squatted on some domain names in the early 90's..made some $$$..invested it and have been living off that $$$ ever since. the well is pretty dry at this point.

the constant in all this time is my love and passion for fashion.....and music....and athletics.

i NEED to try to stay current with what's goin' on so i've contributed to most fashion/style boards on the net and have realized that this place is my best fit. i don't agree with much of what's said on this forum but i respect the voice cuz it's obviously coming from intelligent and passionate people.

i offer this bio to ask you to remember my perspective when i speak or post a fit. my perspective, by nature of its view is bound to be different than most of yours....certainly not right; and certainly not wrong. conversely, i will always respect the opinions of others

hello everyone. my name is j and i'm a clothesaholic.
          Last edited by endorphinz; 03-04-2010, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Welcome. If your avatar is any indication of your personality, you will fit right in. Your opinions are certainly welcome, adversary or not.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Prototypes
              • Oct 2008

Hi all,

Been on this forum as a lurker for a while now and thought i shall introduce myself since i saw this thread.

I'm Darren, a graphic illustration student and a small part of Sifr.

Sometimes i wish i could layer as layering is almost not an option in my country.
              and one thing i like about this place, Everyone who post 99% of the time are real honest and straightforward with a good knowledge for fashion, which is something i like.

I do hope to be able to contribute in time to come

Good day guys!

Comment

• Visconti
                • Feb 2010

I registered recently, but have browsed the site on and off for a while. Fashionwise, I'm primarily interested in menswear, so this seems a good place to learn and discuss those happenings.

I became interested in fashion around 04. I'd always disliked the clothes I saw in Ohio. I appreciated film costuming, but assumed I would be stuck with something less than interesting. Abandoning my Ministry tees and such for bland work clothes was terrifying. Through Björk's album covers I discovered McQueen and Chalayan. Then I discovered more. And more. Some questionable choices were made at first, but once I found Raf things were on the up and up. At least until recently. I figure you guys can help me diversify a bit. I'm careful with what I buy, so I think its mostly about refining the base and incorporating new ideas when they click.

I'm more comfortable with films than I am with fashion. Buñuel, Bresson, Fassbinder, and Denis are big favorites, but I'm always exploring. I have a soft spot for movies with very little dialogue and good sound design. I'd say the most important thing I saw in the last decade was La maman et la putain. I still think back to it. The film thread is so promising here.

Music. My childhood was Lynchian. Doo wop and girl groups only. At 12 I discovered Reign in Blood and Broken cassettes at a half price book store. That was it. Though Schöner Fremder Mann, Mathilde, and Egyptian Shumba will never leave me. Now I like a bit of anything that doesn't have a twang. I've mostly tired of your standard 3/4 piece rock bands. My preferences lie with cheap synths and sludgy guitars. I listen to a lot of drone and ambient at work, but I'm still learning those styles. Lovefool is the pop song of my life. Or the Pig Destroyer catalog.

I like to cook. I grew up near one of the biggest groceries in the states, so sampling new dishes and ingredients is deep seated.

I was born in the same town as Scott Walker. One side of my family was not-so-long-ago based in the same German state as Jil Sander. Some friends say this explains a lot.
                www.xcatik.com

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Jungle Jim's!?!?

(sorry rest of SZ, inside Ohio reference)

Originally posted by Visconti View Post

I like to cook. I grew up near one of the biggest groceries in the states, so sampling new dishes and ingredients is deep seated.
                  music

Comment

• Pelleas
                    • Feb 2010

Longtime lurker, recent poster.

I definitely enjoy the clothing itself, but I also like to learn about the designers and their methods/inspirations. That might especially apply to this aesthetic, where some designers and labels have very little mainstream publicity. I don't think I cared so much about these sorts of things until I started reading SZ a few years ago.

Anyways, hope to contribute in the future now that I have a screen name!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

While no introductions were made, I'd like to thank new members chicblood and abstraccion for posting some fashion week collections.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by doppel View Post
                        Never posted here even though I apparently have had this account since last April. I'm friends with or at least acquainted with at least a dozen people on here.. that along with a few mysterious emails in the last few months telling me to join SZ prompted this post.

I used to live in New York, went to SVA for graphic design, dropped out and interned and worked around town, did the whole nightlife thing, worked for a great little shop called First Among Equals for the last year I was there, then moved back to Hawaii to return to school. I still (sort of) have a blog called Wartime Recess and run an Etsy shop, but I'm mostly a student now.

I'm a girl, is this a rare occurrence on here?
                        Fashion-wise, I hold Ann Demeulemeester close to my heart. I collect her pieces and incorporate them into my style in a way that no other designer has ever allowed me to.

Ok! Hi!
                        Hey, hi, thought it was you.

welcome to the other members too.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

Doppel : Looks like, browsing your (sort of) Blog, that you have good taste, and an acurate critical point a view as well. So, wish you a wram welcome here. SZ definitely needs more people like you.

Endorphinz : knew you from SuFu, and I'm happy to see you here. Older members with a rich life are very much needed.
                          And, thanks to you, I'm no more the eldest here !

Interest1 : shit, I didn't know that specific SZ custom. If I had, I would have sent you as well a PM after your first WAYWT.

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                            ....Interest1 : shit, I didn't know that specific SZ custom. If I had, I would have sent you as well a PM after your first WAYWT.

^ you more than made up for it by presenting me with that virtual Ann feather, remember?
                            sain't

Comment

• Nostromo
                              • Jan 2010

OK, after some intense lurking, I think it's time to contribute to this forum actively.
                              My name is Andreas, I'm 21 years old and I live and study in Saarbrücken, Germany.

I never really cared much about fashion in my teen years and probably even hated everything related to it. I understood fashion as something terribly superficial and ridiculously expensive. Well, pictures of people showcasing hideous Dsquared belts, D&G tees and Louis Vuitton bags have been arguably improper to change this opinion.

But about a year ago I just grew tired of my style (if you can call it ''my'' style^^). So I started to look deeper and discovered some old Dior Homme collections. Although I liked them I still felt that it was not what I was looking for. Someday I stumbled over some lookbook featuring a dude in combat boots, black coat and some draped stuff. I immediately liked the look and started to look for designers with similar aesthetics and soon discovered the usual SZ suspects. Then I found this forum and really enjoyed to read through the topics.
                              My favourite designers/ labels are Julius,Boris Bidjan Saberi and Rick Owens. But basically I appreciate everything with an appealing look and some elaborate concept behind.

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

Your story is very similar to mine, Nostromo. Welcome.
                                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎