X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I resized your signature, please avoid using super colourful and large fonts in them.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      I resized your signature, please avoid using super colourful and large fonts in them.
      can you resize it so we avoid banal sensationalism too?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

also, please try to avoid using crappy signatures in your signature
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Naff
          • Apr 2010

Alright, so while I'm in the midst of reading through the important threads before actually contributing to this forum, I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm 19, from Toronto and currently going to school in Peterborough to study the field of Forensic Science. Luckily exams have finally ended so I'll have plenty of time to catch up in the next little bit.

I only started dressing decently a couple years ago, when I gained some self confidence and started ignoring comments I received from my friends. I have been interested in clothing for as long as I can remember, but I was always too afraid to do anything about it. Mind you, it was all just experimenting and wasting money on shit that would do me no good in the future, but I guess everyone goes through that. Now, I've developed more of my own personal style, however I'm still not fully able to dress how I want (mostly due to being a student and lack of funds). My current wardrobe consists largely of vintage finds, as well as quite a few basics and some clothing from high street stores (unfortunately).

I've been browsing forums for many months now, jumping from one to another without much luck of finding one that appealed to me. Most had some good qualities, however their "negatives" put me off. Finally I ended up here and I'm quite happy I did. The WAYWT thread was my first stop; I was impressed with almost every outfit posted and seemed like the posters here would have the same interests as I do. I have admired the work of a few of the designers who seem to be popular here for quite a while, as their creativity and effort put towards the manipulation of materials are well beyond the more publicly acknowledged groups of designers that hardly produce anything inspirational. Next I got around to reading the other threads to see what other discussions existed and am impressed with the knowledge most of you have. I've already learned so much in the past weeks of lurking and look forward to learning more, and hopefully contributing something worthwhile of course.

Anyways, sorry for the lengthy post. I blame insomnia on a Sunday night and lacking anything better to do.

Comment

• hysterichostile
            • Dec 2009

Hello SZ! It's only today that i've come to realised i've visited all but this thread on SZ, posted 2 looks before on WAYWT, but not very well received Well, I'm 17 going on 18, and have been browsing forums only to find SZ is a forum whereby people, lifestyle and clothing really connects.

I live in Singapore, a all-year summer country.

Comment

• drkshdw84
              • May 2010

hi
              I´m 25 and live in Berlin, where I grew up. Im studying communication/ business communication and alsmost got my diploma.
              Im a huge Rick fan. Almost everything I wear is by him.

Comment

• sosa
                • Nov 2009

hi SZ,

Maybe one of the best sz lurkers, i am 19 years old and i am french. I am here to learn more even I don't share all yours points of view, especially in the waywt where i usually see an brand compilation without personnal vision. I will continu to train my english (ridiculous level for the moment) ans i hope, i will soon talk withou you about all this

see you soon in the threads

PS : If you know "nameless", tell him to take a look over his shoulder if he comes in France

Comment

• raags
                  • Feb 2010

Hi folks,

I'm extremely new to fashion and personal style, especially relative to the people that post here. I've only started taking an active interest in it over the past three months and before then my style was really, utter garbage.

I'm here to learn more, refine my personal taste and style, and hopefully in turn contribute to the community.

I'm passionate about music, developing more of an interest in the arts day by day, love photography and love to write and I try to express this side of myself through what I wear.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

welcome
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• whitney
                      • Dec 2009

I am that chick that will shop at forever21 when there's an itch for something new but my broke ass can't afford it atm; so I figured if I see anything I actually like at least it would be cheap. but I almost always leave empty handed. I've brought maybe three pieces in the past ten years.

the reason is I am super picky when it comes to clothes. generally I go for the more girly pieces but not overly so. Victorian era fascinates me but at the same time I like clean cut lines, modern architecture (don't kill me) and if I had the money I'd invest in more yohji, cdg, dries and chalayan pieces;

I'm here to learn more then to post, and because none of my friends irl really cares about clothes to the extent that I do. I mean they love to shop too. but more contemporary. so this is where I get my fix
                      you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• shinoda
                        limited
                        • May 2010

Hi guys! What's up~

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                          • Mar 2009

Salut ! Je ne parviens pas à deviner qui tu es.

Originally posted by sosa View Post
                          hi SZ,

Maybe one of the best sz lurkers, i am 19 years old and i am french. I am here to learn more even I don't share all yours points of view, especially in the waywt where i usually see an brand compilation without personnal vision. I will continu to train my english (ridiculous level for the moment) ans i hope, i will soon talk withou you about all this

see you soon in the threads

PS : If you know "nameless", tell him to take a look over his shoulder if he comes in France
                          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Amir
                            • May 2010

Hello —

Amir, 26, studied fashion & fine arts in Oslo, Norway & London, England. Moved to Vienna, Austria after London and now I'm back in Oslo.

I've been fiddling about with graphic design for ~10 years, and work as a fashion designer*, fashion editor & stylist these days.

Ever since I was a toddler I've had huge interest in construction (creation), de-construction & re-construction in addition to letting my fantasy run wild in various art forms. Guess it came out handy, no?

Either way, let's keep it short — hello.

*working on my own collection & label.

Comment

• ChristianV
                              • Apr 2010

Hi! I'm 26, currently living in Riga, Latvia. I'd call myself more of a fashion observer and appreciator, since I'm usually poor as a church rat
                              Bodega

Comment

• samueljoseph8809
                                • Jan 2010

HI..

Hi im pretty new to the forums ive made a few posts but thought id say hi here.

Im 22 born and bred to London, just graduated from a fashion promotion and communications course and now do freelance styling and consultancy work. As well being editor and art director of Vision Magazine, which is a personal project and will be available in stores from July 2010.

I wear mainly Rick and Ann D with a few pieces of Helmut Lang and Doma to mix it up a little.

I also have a blog if anyones interested; www.useyourloaf.tumblr.com

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎