• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post

Endorphinz : knew you from SuFu, and I'm happy to see you here. Older members with a rich life are very much needed.
    And, thanks to you, I'm no more the eldest here !
    you're welcome?????????????????

Comment

• Grazzesto
      • Mar 2010

Why hello!

My name is John Rivers, and I'm a mere 19 years of age. Well, almost nearing my second decade on this earth, I suppose. But anyway, I became interested in fashion at the ripe old age of 14, and got a job working at a job at a local junk yard cutting out dashboards in old cars to fund my newfound addiction. Over the years I picked up some minor sewing skills and began making my own clothes to go along with the rest of my wonderful wonderful things. I had a hard time explaining why I liked clothes so much when I was younger, but about the age of 16 I finally nailed it down to this; I think clothes are beautiful.

Ann remains my queen, many of her items I consider my grails; though I continue a fling-like affair with Julius, who won me back with the A/W season despite my blatant dislike for the S/S 2010.

I'm currently learning how to make shoes, and I absolutely love working with leather.

So, yeah. Sup.

Comment

• killah
        • Jun 2009

Hello SZ!

Just found this thread and decided to post. Had an account for a while, just decided to post little by little after months of lurking. I'm pretty young (16) and I can't think of anything interesting to post. SO, YEAH.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Grazzesto View Post
          Why hello!

My name is John Rivers, and I'm a mere 19 years of age. Well, almost nearing my second decade on this earth, I suppose. But anyway, I became interested in fashion at the ripe old age of 14, and got a job working at a job at a local junk yard cutting out dashboards in old cars to fund my newfound addiction. Over the years I picked up some minor sewing skills and began making my own clothes to go along with the rest of my wonderful wonderful things. I had a hard time explaining why I liked clothes so much when I was younger, but about the age of 16 I finally nailed it down to this; I think clothes are beautiful.

Ann remains my queen, many of her items I consider my grails; though I continue a fling-like affair with Julius, who won me back with the A/W season despite my blatant dislike for the S/S 2010.

I'm currently learning how to make shoes, and I absolutely love working with leather.

So, yeah. Sup.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            My reaction exactly...pretty sweet way to get started...

I'm harbouring the fantasy that somehow my path will be the same as Altieri's...I've already got a grad degree in econ, and I may be working on jurisprudence starting in a year and a half...so yeah, sounds like he and I are peas in a pod (minus the whole sartorial genius bit......)
            I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Grazzesto
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Grazzesto View Post
              But anyway, I became interested in fashion at the ripe old age of 14, and got a job working at a job at a local junk yard cutting out dashboards in old cars to fund my newfound addiction.
              Whoops.

Redundancy isn't a very good first impression.
              Last edited by Grazzesto; 03-10-2010, 04:09 PM. Reason: my own stupidity. >:

Comment

• francojean23
                • Sep 2008

about time i formally introduced myself , starting to make more of a presence on this site beyond lurking

i'm in my late-twenties , and work as an architect , which thankfully is very slow work at the moment which gives me time for my furniture restoration , and dabbling in fashion making , web design , and learning japanese

i believe i first became interested in fashion in highschool with helmuts bondage collections , then moved onto hedi's era at dh , ever since he left i've been experimenting around , finally landing in something close to the sz aesthetic but with a penchant for simplicity and clean tailored pieces

a lot of my life is about sizing down , ridding myself of objects and stuff , and i like to keep a very simple , versatile minimal wardrobe . and i like to dress consistently , so put it kind of like the sz look but with einstein same outfit everyday sort of thing

so with all that said , i look forward to drawing more from the collective of information available here as well as adding my own thoughts into the mix

Comment

• zaphiline
                  • Apr 2010

Why helloo

I’m zaphiline, I’m from London although originally from france, I’m a fashion student in my final year. I came across this forum when my tutor suggested I looked at Carol Christian poell’s work and ever since I have been lurking on here 2 scared to join (for some weird reason)

Iv always enjoyed making things and altering clothes from a young age, which I guess I still do. Although I enjoy the process of making much more. My ultimate favourite designer is rick , although I can’t afford much of his garments at the moment.(being a poor student sucks). I also really like the rawness of richard’ soderberg’s work although he’s only done a few collection I can’t wait to see how he evolves.

I am somewhat an addict to black, I just find the colour black very poectic and intense which I think represents who I am. Although It might just be a faze that I’m goin through at the moment, I’m not too sure.

Well I can’t wait to join the discussions and put my two cents in if it’s welcome.lol

Comment

• durbanhawk
                    • Feb 2009

Hello
                    First wanna thank SZ, have learned a tremendous amount about people and fashion. I appreciate it!! My earliest memories of being fashion conscious are when I embraced new wave music in the mid eighties. This morphed into flavors of hip hop and house music influencing my style. I am approaching forty now, and I would have to say my favorite element is the Japanese designers. I truly appreciate all the SZ style designers whether I could personally pull off a particular look or piece. Love many pieces I could not see myself wearing to the coffee shop here in coastal north bay area.
                    Although I'm surrounded by hippies and vineyards I continue to draw more inspiration from life experience and my attitude. When I discovered the archive in san fran is when it all opened up for me.
                    Some my favorites are julius , va, rick owens. I love hoodies and hi tops in particular. I have a busy family life and SZ provides me with a break from my fam as well as work. I enjoy espresso, dubstep , conspiracy topics, sushi, hairless cats, basketball, mushroom hunting,
                    history, ligne roset, egon schiele, joy division, and japanese pop art. Have been lurking for a while and hope to contribute in the future.
                    I am hoping to share some of my art and ideas in the future.
                    Durbanhawk

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Welcome, everyone.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• JD_May
                        • Apr 2010

Hi. I thought I already had an account here... but apparently I was wrong.
                        In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
                        And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

• JoniF
                          • May 2009

Your signature is quite emphatic.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Yeah, where's that quote from?
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

Thanks, Eternal. Gonna have to look that one up - it's intense.
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• JD_May
                                • Apr 2010

Yep. It's from a short story in Fragile Things, which was overall not as good as Smoke and Mirrors but definitely had its moments. A Study in Emerald which is also from that book is available online.
                                In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
                                And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎