X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: FOOD!

had a quick meal at the modern restaurant last night. i had a nice a plump sausage with sweet sauerkraut, with a touch of mustard. good stuff. washed it down with a blue point.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• macuser3of5
      • Sep 2006

Last night I sauteed some chicken in a mostly balsamic vinegar (with a bit of olive oil) reduction (to searing), along with some orange bell peppers and onions. Delectably sweet. </p>

Comment

• denimfan
        • Feb 2008

If anyone is in Chicago, two must tries:</P>

1. Sol De Mexico: Amazing high-end classic Mexican food. </P>

2. Table 52 - Oprah's former chef owns this place. Very small, classic fare.</P>

Comment

Has anyone in NY gotten into Ko yet?

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

that's the new momofuku joint, right? i want to try going.

Comment

[quote user="ddohnggo"]that's the new momofuku joint, right? i want to try going.
              [/quote]</p>

Yes.</p>

14 seats, 6 courses with wine for $100.</p>

It's impossible to get a reservation. Online only, and they disappear 90 seconds after they open up.</p>

</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

just got reservations to ko for monday. hopefully it's good!

Comment

• iSuck
                  • Mar 2008

NYC: Del Posto, craftbar, The Orchard, Cafe Gray, Telepan, Wallse, Adour Alain Ducasse, Trestle on Tenth, P*Ong, L'Atelier de Joel Rubchon, Artisnal, The Good Fork (BK), Hampton Chutney Co., Perilla, Mama Mexico (uptown), Chop't

Comment

[quote user="ddohnggo"]just got reservations to ko for monday. hopefully it's good!
                    [/quote]</p>

Lucky. I have a res for Thursday... but for one person. Not sure I want to take this trip solo. </p>

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

[quote user="iSuck"]NYC: Del Posto, craftbar, The Orchard, Cafe Gray, Telepan, Wallse, Adour Alain Ducasse, Trestle on Tenth, P*Ong, L'Atelier de Joel Rubchon, Artisnal, The Good Fork (BK), Hampton Chutney Co., Perilla, Mama Mexico (uptown), Chop't[/quote]</p>

del posto is overated. </p>
                      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]just got reservations to ko for monday. hopefully it's good!
                        [/quote]</p>

Lucky. I have a res for Thursday... but for one person. Not sure I want to take this trip solo. </p>

[/quote]</p>

that's a pickle. hard to say, depending on how you feel about eating solo for an extended period of time. but getting a reservation was kind of annoying it really wasn't THAT bad. i got it on my first try today. so you could find someone willing to fork over $100 for a meal and try getting another reservation.</p>

Comment

• iSuck
                          • Mar 2008

You think so? I've been 3x and every single occasion has been fantastic and on point.

Comment

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

that's a pickle. hard to say, depending on how you feel about eating solo for an extended period of time. but getting a reservation was kind of annoying it really wasn't THAT bad. i got it on my first try today. so you could find someone willing to fork over $100 for a meal and try getting another reservation.</p>

[/quote]</p>

You must have better timing than me. I've tried to get a two-person res every day since they opened the site. The solo res was an afterthought... Dunno, might be fun to spend some quality time with Chang.</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

i think the secret with the reservation is to not get dejected first time around. i saw a few open slots for 2 people initially, clicked on it and it went away b/c they were taken. but i tried a few more times and finally it worked. i'm assuming people don't click ok within 60 seconds so it opens up the spot again. </p>

yeah, the fact that chang cooks there is pretty sweet. </p>

these flickr pictures make me really hungry now:</p>

</p>

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

[quote user="iSuck"]You think so? I've been 3x and every single occasion has been fantastic and on point.[/quote]</p>

well maybe it was an off day...i have known others to have good and also bad experiences there as well. i am willing to give it another chance. i used to be quite a foodie but have fallen away from it. had two nights of amazing experiences in Chicago and it has been hard to top that.</p>

went to Tru one night and then Charlie Trotters the next (this was 5yrs ago...)Tru was the most amazing overall experience that I have ever had in a restaurant. everyone walked at the same exact pace throughout the dining room, even the door to the kitchen opened with sensors at that very same pace. I watched the servers present plates to a six top and it was beautiful, completely in unison all stepping the same- the food presentation was gorgeous as well as delicious- the food had been featured in Food Arts Magazine. the atmosphere was so serene.</p>

then Trotters was phenomenal. have worked in restaurants for years at that point so knew how to call and get a reservation... they pulled our menus and just created the courses for us based on our liking. they gave us two wine pairings for each course and then at the end filled the table on every corner with dessert. then they gave us a tour of the kitchen at the end of the night.</p>

it is hard to top that so maybe i am a bit biased as far as the experience part goes. i have never encountered anything here like either of those two evenings...but perhaps i should keep trying and will find something again. i have had great food here though.
                                </p>
                                Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎