X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    I wonder if a good all purpose flour would work fine here. I don't think we have anything called "cake flour".
    Should be fine as a substitute. Just use only all purpose.

Also, the internet tells me this about Cake Flour, assuming I remember your location correctly: "Maxi or most supermarkets sell it, I's called Extra fint mjöl"
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• rawrimabear
      • Feb 2011

When I was in high school, there was a pizza right across the way from my school. I went there almost every single day, and it was some of the best pizza I ever had. "Florence Pizza" $5.00 for a medium, split it with your buddies and have good times. It was all fun and games till one day me and a friend decided we would both eat an entire pizza ourselves. We paid...we ate. It was a bloodbath. As we were walking back to his place, he made a joke about dog shit and I laughed so hard I threw up about half of a pizza. Florence Pizza was never the same again...

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

Has anyone been to Jiro Sukyabashi in Tokyo? I just watched the movie and i really really really wanna try the place...
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
          Has anyone been to Jiro Sukyabashi in Tokyo? I just watched the movie and i really really really wanna try the place...
          Do. It is that good. Been, only once. Sad that I will probably not make it again before he retires.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

I fear that i wont make it in time...

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
            Do. It is that good. Been, only once. Sad that I will probably not make it again before he retires.

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
              I fear that i wont make it in time...
              He is still there, isn't he? I'm fairly out of touch these days.

Comment

• Atmosphere
                • Jan 2010

I think his son does almost all of the actual cooking nowadays, and that Jiro himself is more of a figurehead for the restaurant, being a living legend and all. Although, I haven't been to the restaurant, so I might be wrong...

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

Well thats exactly what Jiro says himself in the movie, that everyone thinks that he is doing the job, while 95% of the work is preparation behind the scene, executed by his son and the staff...nevertheless, i guess to see the final steps being done by the master himself would be something i would like to experience...

Originally posted by Atmosphere View Post
                  I think his son does almost all of the actual cooking nowadays, and that Jiro himself is more of a figurehead for the restaurant, being a living legend and all. Although, I haven't been to the restaurant, so I might be wrong...

Comment

• Atmosphere
                    • Jan 2010

I really think you should go, I for one would envy you

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

i just discovered this today at tj's..
                      this should be banned...it's too good. and it's dutch??

you put this on a shoe and i'll eat it..

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                        i just discovered this today at tj's..
                        this should be banned...it's too good. and it's dutch??

you put this on a shoe and i'll eat it..
                        To get you started then...
                        Why not try:
                        Speculoos on donut

or

Speculoos waffles

2/3 cup ground Spekuloos
                        3 Tbsps whole-wheat flour
                        1 Tbsp raw sugar
                        1/4 tsp baking powder
                        pinch fine sea salt
                        1 heaping Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup almond milk
                        1/2 Tbsp canola oil
                        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

huh, i had no idea it came in powdered form. still gonna to eat it straight out of the jar..

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Starting to plan a trip to Chicago at the end of Sept to early Oct. Will be there for about 1 week. We've been to Alinea but would love to try Next as well as the Aviary amongst other great places out there.

I've tried doing some googling but have failed to find any forum/single location that may have folks selling their tickets to Next. Tablexchange used to be up (although I think the tickets were a serious premium) but I can't seem to find anything else.

Any Chicagoans have any leads/recs? I think I'm not too late to get ready to hit up the Next website the "regular" way but would love to have the ability to have a backup to ensure that I can get a chance to eat there during my small window of opportunity :)
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

this is officially my new favourite recipe: Light Brioche Buns

these are fantastic for burgers, super spongy which makes the whole burger more juicy.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

A, get reservations to the Girl and the Goat. I've heard nothing but great things.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎