Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AngelofDeath
    • Jun 2012

Actually, the crust is going to be softer the less you rest the dough, since the yeast doesn't have as much time to mature and do its thing. I recommend leaving the dough sticky and leaving it in the fridge overnight like Pat said.
    I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Awesome.

Coming back from Paris I can't even look at American produce. Garbage.
      Try living in California.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
        • Nov 2010

Regarding the pizza discussion, Lowrey, if I'm not mistaken you live in Sweden right? If that's the case I would urge you to try baking your pizza with spelt (dinkel) flour. The extra gluten content in the spelt flour would allow you to stretch the dough more which will yield a paper-thin crispy crust. Worth mentioning is that I do use a pizza stone for my regular oven which is highly recommended, it really does make a difference.

The recipe I use (roughly, usually i just eyeball it) is:

500 ml of Spelt flour
        25g of fresh yeast
        250 ml of lukewarm water
        1 tsp salt
        2 tbsp Olive oil

Mix the yeast and the water, add the rest of the ingredients, work the dough for about 10 min if your doing it by hand or 5 min in a machine, let it rise for about 1 hour at room temperature...... and youre good to go!

Hope this works out the way you want it too, well made pizza topped with high quality ingredients are truly one of the greatest dishes in the comfort food department.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
          Try living in California.
          I know, I know. It's much better than here. Still not as good as there IMHO.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I know, I know. It's much better than here. Still not as good as there IMHO.
            I need to go back to France then. One of the things I've never managed to match when I travel is the quality of local produce in SF. Clearly more culinary research is in order.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Xhale12
              • Jan 2012

Truscan I agree with you. Cali has the best local produce in the world in my experience. Yes, better than france.

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                • Feb 2012

faust, perhaps try a local csa?

(granted, my experience was in the apparent produce valhalla...but still, has to be better than going to a store.)

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Xhale12 View Post
                  Truscan I agree with you. Cali has the best local produce in the world in my experience. Yes, better than france.
                  I agree, however, I really think I need to test this by eating my way around France.

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Xhale12 View Post
                    maybe but who cares, we have dior, lanvin and balmain.
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                      • Jun 2012

But Cali has Rick Owens...
                      I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

No, California spawned Rick Owens. He lives in Europe now and doesn't even have a flagship in California. All California has is http://deborahviereck.com/

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                          • Jun 2012

He still started up out of L.A., though, didn't he? I agree "has" might not have been the best word choice, but I would argue that he is notable "produce" of California.

Comment

• whitney
                            • Dec 2009

recently got to try some desserts at Joel Robuchon--as well as samplers but the desserts just wasn't pretty it was delicious.

this pearl sugar coat a bit smaller then a baseball filled with white peach mousse and had a bit of the fruit and pecans mixed inside..the sugar coat is very thin..and breaks much easier then a hard boiled egg since the filling is super light (the bits are more towards the bottom)--when I'm back in states I'm going to try and find how to make it

was much more impressed with that then the chocolate surprise ball which wasn't a surprise since the shell of the ball has different sized perforated circles..so you can see the ice cream on top of a pie crust with pecans mixed in..drizzled hot caramel sauce over

had the sliders with mixture of wagyu beef and foie gras. good but not drool worthy. made me wish I just skipped samplers and all together try every single dessert..

maine lobster with turnip ravioli--fresh, good combo, but again maybe because I'm partial to sweets I can't be as appreciative

best part besides dessert was..the free bread which I was too shy to ask if I can purchase one to go..even though it isn't sold..just petite arrangement, scratch like the sauces.

and who can resist such cute petite macaroon, madeleine..
                            you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                              • Feb 2012

eat your heart out

still clumsy around a kitchen, but lithuanian cravings drove me to it...

cepelinai (+ borscht in the background)

Comment

• munch
                                • Aug 2008

:( started googling Cepelinai cause that looks amazing... but so far yours is the only that actually looks good. guess it's the gravy-thingy...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎