Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raw
    • Oct 2009

I get the e-mails from Gilt and was just curious and clicked the Gilt Taste link. $136.95 for Two 2 lb Kangaroo loins is so expensive compared to here lol, seriously it's almost 4x the price compared to here. I know it's always going be more than what they charge in Australia obviously, but that's ridiculous.

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

That is startlingly expensive here as well.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Fenix
        • Aug 2010

First harvest from the garden this morning. Rainbow chard, baby arugula, breakfast radish, and two heads of lettuce.

Originally posted by hausofblaq
        Grow up.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Awesome.

Coming back from Paris I can't even look at American produce. Garbage.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

Today.

Comment

• munch
              • Aug 2008

been cooking way too much sous-vide lately... it's just so good and convenient.
              I need a good deep fryer, (man do I sound fat. proud inner fatty) anyone got any recommendations? reviews on the internet are confusing. not looking to spend more than like 150 on one but I think that should be enough for something 4L capacity?

and btw, if anyone happens to be in Ottawa - make reservations at Atelier. best dining experience I've had in Canada so far. very very very good.

Comment

• Raw
                • Oct 2009

Just wanted to share this recipe for the healthy eater:

I really love it and make it a few times a week, but I halve everything to make one portion for myself.
                I've made a few adjustments to it though, I don't use paprika so I don't have it in the house, what I do is use cayenne pepper instead but use half the amount since cayenne has a much stronger kick.
                I found the lemon juice to make it too acidic and sour for my taste so I halve the amount of lemon juice and replace the half with water and about half a tablespoon of dijon mustard. The mustard actually helps bind the mixture together into a thicker paste so it coats the chicken better.

It is so good, the marinade keeps the chicken so moist and juicy when you grill it compared to normal grilling. The stiring is important because the olive oil separates a little over time and when you stir it, it thickens back up, and dries a little over the time in the fridge so by the time you grill it, the chicken is coated nicely with a thick paste.

Also, being winter here, I've been hooked on making chilli hot chocolates, been having like a least 4 a day . I don't use junk ingredients so it's not too bad lol. I make it with organic raw cacao powder, stevia, cayenne pepper, hot water and almond milk. I also tried it with regular milk but I think it reduces the heat from the cayenne pepper so I prefer almond milk.

Comment

• samlasamla
                  • Sep 2011

anyone ever try the korean steak tartare/carpaccio they call yook hwe?

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

After (imo) perfecting my burger recipe, I started obsessing over pizza. The type I've always made has really been closer to a sandwich or pan pizza as the base/crust has been pretty soft and spongy, not thin and crisp.

One factor is of course how its baked, I don't have a stone over nor even a small pizza stone (which I'm thinking of getting), but I've gotten decent results by turning the over to 275C and baking it on the oven floor which is probably the best resemblence to a stone I can get at the moment.

I also got "tipo 00" flour (de cecco, only one I can find here) which seemed to make the crust a bit more "light" and crisp than regular all purpose flour, but its still a bit more spongy than what I'd like. Anyone happen to know if I should make the dough really dry and stiff, or leave it softer to get a more authentic type of crust? Now I've been making it quite soft but enough flour so that its no longer sticky. It could be left softer or I could add more flour and it should still be managable, but I don't know which I should do.

compulsory pictures:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Patroklus
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

i used to work in a decent pizza shop. i stole the recipe and saved it but never finished experimenting with scaling it down. seemed like it needed to have the proportions changed just a little bit to get the same results

32lb flour
                      1/3 cup yeast
                      1/3 cup garlic
                      2/3 cup salt
                      1 cup sugar
                      2 cups oil (type varied by owner but never seemed to make a difference honestly)
                      2 gallons water

i don't know exactly how much you're trying to make so I'll leave the scaling to you.

sadly i never absconded with the recipe for the sauce. i always made it out of hot sauce and ranch instead.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                        • Jun 2012

How long are you resting the dough?
                        I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I've tried using it right away as well as resting for about 45 minutes, haven't really noticed a major difference.

if the dough swells a lot, wouldn't it make the crust more soft though?
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Verdandi
                            • Mar 2012

I would suggest getting a pizza stone but to get a really dry crisp crust one would have to get a pizza oven, Pizza ideally is baked at 400 -500 Celsius
                            Do you add oil to the dough? Leaving it out also makes a slight difference.

edit: About the flour, I swear by Tre Grazie. Maybe you could get it at an italian food store?
                            lavender menace

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

I know a guy who owns a great Italian restaurant, not sure what flour they use for their pizza (its excellent) but I'll have to ask for a bag next time I'm there.

I use olive oil, two tablespoons for a full bakesheet sized pizza. Would decreasing the amount make it more dry?

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

Cover it and stick it in the fridge overnight.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎