Re: What's Going On In Your Town?

in keeping with the kids here [86]</p>

ampere touring aus/nz may/june with about 3 dates in the m-town.</p>

http://www.myspace.com/amperepunx</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

ampere! man, i haven't seen them in a bit. their first show with das oath at the berwick was sick. i still have the demo tape somewhere. the drummer, andy, is a really nice guy.
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; ">The Metal Masters: Judas Priest, Heaven and Hell, Motorhead, Testament</span>
          <span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 11px; ">PNC Bank Arts Center , Holmdel, NJ
          Sat, Aug 9, 2008 05:30 PM</span></p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "> </span></p>

I just bought tickets to this. Probably my two favorite metal bands of all time playing back to back. Anyone else prefer Dio over Ozzy? Or listen to metal for that matter?</p>

+: Rob Halford is another "style inspirationz" of mine </p>
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold;">The Metal Masters: Judas Priest, Heaven and Hell, Motorhead, Testament</span>
            <span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 11px;">PNC Bank Arts Center , Holmdel, NJ
            Sat, Aug 9, 2008 05:30 PM</span></p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px;"> </span></p>

I just bought tickets to this. Probably my two favorite metal bands of all time playing back to back. Anyone else prefer Dio over Ozzy? Or listen to metal for that matter?</p>

+: Rob Halford is another "style inspirationz" of mine </p>

[/quote]</p>

used to listen to a bit- small bit -of motorhead and testament. its been a while though.</p>
            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I used to listen to metal, starting with Accept! I don't really any more, although if I catch an occasional blast from the past song by Skid Row, Motley Crue, Slayer, Sepaltura, or Dio, I'll listen to it. I'll still listen to a Pantera or Biohazard song here and there. And AC/DC is my guilty pleasure [86]
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]I used to listen to metal, starting with Accept! I don't really any more, although if I catch an occasional blast from the past song by Skid Row, Motley Crue, Slayer, Sepaltura, or Dio, I'll listen to it. I'll still listen to a Pantera or Biohazard song here and there. And AC/DC is my guilty pleasure [86]
                [/quote]</p>

slayer- yes. AC/DC good too.</p>

Comment

• Jon
                  • Apr 2008

Not that it has the same feel these days, but if you're into metal (even just a teeeny bit) Mastodon is a must listen. It's almost too easy to throw them out there, but damn, their last two albums ("Leviathan" and "Blood Mountain") pulled me back into the genre. I still love old Metallica. </P>

And the Japanese angle: Boris' "Pink" just slays. I've been listening to their new album "Smile" (predictably more upbeat)and although it's not as good as "Pink"it has grown a lot on me. Oh, and the SunnO)))/Boris collaboration "Altar" is an awesome piece of ambient metal... um... music.</P>

Woop, metal.</P>
                  Originally posted by merz
                  perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• kira
                    • Mar 2008

[quote user="Jon"]

Not that it has the same feel these days, but if you're into metal (even just a teeeny bit) Mastodon is a must listen. It's almost too easy to throw them out there, but damn, their last two albums ("Leviathan" and "Blood Mountain") pulled me back into the genre. I still love old Metallica. </p>

And the Japanese angle: Boris' "Pink" just slays. I've been listening to their new album "Smile" (predictably more upbeat)and although it's not as good as "Pink"it has grown a lot on me. Oh, and the SunnO)))/Boris collaboration "Altar" is an awesome piece of ambient metal... um... music.</p>

Woop, metal.</p>

[/quote]

yes.</p>

drone is a whole other story. i love SunnO))) and I love Altar!</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

thumbs up on drone. stephen o'malley's other group KTL is supposed to play nyc in may or june.

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]thumbs up on drone. stephen o'malley's other group KTL is supposed to play nyc in may or june.
                        [/quote]</p>

in fact i put it on right now...</p>

[^o)] will have to find out. my good friend knows stephen well. he performed last summer for the ps1 opening. was really great.
                        </p>

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]thumbs up on drone. stephen o'malley's other group KTL is supposed to play nyc in may or june.
                          [/quote]</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span></p>

Knitting Factory, next month. I'm on the fence but if you guys go I will... </p>
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

i might be going. my buddy from seattle who's moving to nyc loves ktl

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

[/quote]</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px;"></span></p>

Knitting Factory, next month. I'm on the fence but if you guys go I will... </p>

[/quote]</p>

yes, I am in. IUD is Lizzi from Gang Gang Dance and I love her!!!</p>

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

[:O]</p>

speaking of Gang Gang Dance.- they are playing at Southpaw in Park Slope this tues the 29th 8pm. I am buying a ticket as we speak. I love them.</p>

</p>

$15</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎