X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Went to Scope art fair yesterday at Lincoln Center. Realized again that the only people I despise more than fashion people are art people. Bunch of amoral phonies.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Went to Scope art fair yesterday at Lincoln Center. Realized again that the only people I despise more than fashion people are art people. Bunch of amoral phonies.
      What about politicians or car salesmen? I mean c'mon, hitting those you like in the gut cause you're critical is fine but let's not pretend those you have cultural affinities with=those you despise the most.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

No, I have no cultural affinities with THOSE people. It's worse because they are giving people like us a bad name. It is because of them that most people think that fashion is about dolce and gabbana gang rape ads and logoed LV bags. I'd take a politician over them any day, because I can be immediately separated from them.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Magician
          • Jul 2008

Hell yes.

Harvey Milk at Ottobar in Baltimore tonight.
          Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• move_ment
            • Feb 2009

Mortal Engine:
            "Mortal Engine" is a full length dance piece, featuring six dancers on a steep stage, mostly kept in darkness by a computer interactive projection system. In...

words cannot describe how amazing this was.

Comment

• MaxM
              • Sep 2009

Mike Nouveau @ Regine's Club

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• droogist
                • Sep 2006

DAF in Duisburg tonight. (6:30 pm door, what's up with that?)

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

^Duisburg? Where are you from? I'm not far away...

Comment

• droogist
                    • Sep 2006

^ The Netherlands - it's a 1h15m drive for me.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Cesaria Evora at Carnegie Hall, June 25. Wanna go, but afraid to end up surrounded by the bourgeoisie from NYC and surrounding areas, like I did at the Leonard Cohen concert.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
                        • Sep 2006

^ I was going to ask whether that was really enough to ruin it for you, but then I remembered that I experienced exactly that when I saw Lou Reed and it did, in fact, ruin it for me. Don't go.

(Mr. droogist's convinced that at the DAF concert we'll end up surrounded by old Nazis...)

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

^I'll be in Duisburg tonight for a friend's birthday. I hope I don't meet any of them at the train station. I've even had diffculties in my jogging clothes yesterday. Germany...

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                            ^ I was going to ask whether that was really enough to ruin it for you, but then I remembered that I experienced exactly that when I saw Lou Reed and it did, in fact, ruin it for me. Don't go.

(Mr. droogist's convinced that at the DAF concert we'll end up surrounded by old Nazis...)
                            Well, not much could've ruined the LC concert, but this may be different - it will definitely cause some neo-colonialism thoughts - but it probably won't ruin it for me either. I just like to bitch.

I tell you though - one time I did have my experience ruined by the upper east/west side crowd - it was when I got free tickets to a latin jazz concert at lincoln center. now that i know what kind of people go to lincoln center, i doubt i'll go again. the combination of lively music and stiff old white men and women in diamonds who wouldn't budge from their seats was seriously vomit-inducing. yeah, i'm an intellectual proletariat elitist, so what.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

AIPAD is at the Park Avenue Armory until March 21st.

This is a fine art photography show from dealers all over the world.

The Association of International Photography Art Dealers encourages public support of fine art photography by acting as a collective voice for the dealers in fine art photography and through communication and education that enhances the confidence of the public, museums, institutions and others in responsible fine art photography dealers. The Association of International Photography Art Dealers [AIPAD] was organized in 1979. With members in the United States, Australia, Canada, Europe and Japan, the Association has become a unifying force in the field of photography. AIPAD is dedicated to creating and maintaining high standards in the business of exhibiting, buying, and selling photographic art. Acting as the collective voice of the art photography dealers that make up its membership, AIPAD maintains ethical standards, promotes communication within the photographic community, encourages public appreciation of photography as art, concerns itself with the rights of photographers and collectors, and works to enhance the confidence of the public in responsible photography. AIPAD members provide a wide range of services to the public, such as exhibitions, appraisals, expert opinions and consultations.

bring your black card?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Every SZers wet dream.

Antwerp
                                fashion
                                "Black" examines the fashion history of the color black, showing paintings, costumes and contemporary fashion by designers such as Ann Demeulemeester, Givenchy (Riccardo Tisci), Chanel and Gareth Pugh.
                                Modemuseum
                                March 25-Aug. 8
                                32-3-4702-770
                                MoMu is the fashion museum of Antwerp in Belgium. Founded 2002, the museum collects, conserves, studies and exhibits Belgian contemporary fashion.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎