Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shifts
    • Jul 2013

None of the four, five products I've tried from Aesop has a scent I can stand. But none has been irritating, not even on clean-shaven skin.

Comment

• Glasshands
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      That's how the fuckers got me. I hate you, Aesop!
      If you buy the 500ml bottles, it's not so bad, slightly more expensive than Khiel's or Malin+Goetz.
      Originally posted by Dane View Post
      Does no one find all the smelly oils in Aesop to be bothersome? I found using most of their products on my face to be rather irritating (too burny) Hands/body, a-o-k, but not on-face.
      Originally posted by Shifts View Post
      None of the four, five products I've tried from Aesop has a scent I can stand. But none has been irritating, not even on clean-shaven skin.
      I find the sandalwood scent in their shaving based products to be fantastic! I would like something a bit more subtle for day to day usage, but then it all fits in really well with the CB I Hate Perfume stuff I have (Burnt Wood + Burning Leaves), shaving with the two picture products and then a soft dab of burning leaves and I smell like this earthy druid, emerging from a deliciously scented forest

Comment

• Phantom
        • Mar 2011

what products from Aesop line do you guys recommend.
        Ive been looking for a moisturizer that is good for winter but doesnt break you out.

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

Camilla Nut hydrating cream, best thing iv used for sensitive skin... smells pretty nice too.

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

Someone to cut the back of your head is a luxury, iv cut my own hair for about 7-8 years, but iv always had someone (normally girlfriend) to trim the middle back; its the hardest. But last two or three times iv had to do it on my own: it makes it a painfully longer process.

Comment

• Glasshands
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
              Ive been looking for a moisturizer that is good for winter but doesnt break you out.
              I can't help you out right now, but if you'd like, I'll make a note to give you some feedback when I get some Aesop moisturisers/day to day stuff in a week or so?

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                • Sep 2008

I've been using the camilla nut cream for a while as well. It's very good and I've slowly been replacing all my grooming products with aesop's. The only cons are that the cream comes in a jar (unsanitary and the oxide constantly getting in the jar when using).

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

I bought this Mason Pearson brush when I was 17. I had just started college. It was my first long hair era. I've had long hair 6 discreet times throughout my life and I have deeply appreciated the feel of Mason Pearson bristles stroking against my strands each time. I am stunned that I still have,and use, this same brush today... tho it's been "lost" too many tines to count. I also can't believe that the rubber cushion has not dried up and cracked,but it hasn't.

Talk about "strangers reaction".. Imagine the looks a dude,with long hair in the early '70's got for spending $50? on a small hair brush. The pic is of the pocket bristle which I distinctly remember recovering from various lecture halls and other assorted dives throughout my life. Ironically, I lost the larger "home version" years ago. I celebrated my current long hair era by replacing it.

I only use these brushes when my hair is long. They really are great

Since I'm talking about long hair.... COCONUT OIL is the best conditioner ever...soak your hair with the stuff while watching a football game.... shampoo and WOW..... Highly recommended (trader joe's $6)

Comment

• jackg
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                    I use the oil free hydrating serum but I have relatively oily skin. if you check the website it breaks all of the face products down into "skin type".

oh and while we are on the topic, my personal collection:

some of the perks of interning in their marketing department currently.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Is it significantly cheaper in Australia? Cause it's pretty f-ing expensive here.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                        • Sep 2008

^ I think their prices are pretty ok; other brands like Clinique or Shiseido are in the same price range.

Jackg, do you also use their hair products? How are those?

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

What exactly are you people doing with all these products? I have about 3 or 4 products in my routine - face cleanser, body cleanser, moisturizer, toner, etc. I'm curious exactly what one does with 20 different products???
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            What exactly are you people doing with all these products? I have about 3 or 4 products in my routine - face cleanser, body cleanser, moisturizer, toner, etc. I'm curious exactly what one does with 20 different products???
                            Can someone also explain me the use of toner for men? I thought that was only necessary when you wear make-up?

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

The toner I use has salicylic acid in it, so it exfoliates. Otherwise they aren't necessary unless you want something that has beneficial ingredients in it, but in a lighter base than a moisturizer (if you have oily skin, etc.)
                              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

I get a shit-ton of free products from work so my bathroom is pretty cluttered. I don't use that many types of product (morning cleanser, moisturizer in winter and tinted base, evening make-up remover, toner and night cream in winter, body lotion and that's about it), but I shift around between brands I guess, since I have the option. There's also seasonal products, like winter products need to be richer than summer products.

however, if I had to buy that shit, there'd be like 4 bottles/pots and that would be it.

Shampoo is a different story, I try to have at least 3 different kinds at any given time, since apparently it is better for your hair if you switch around and not use the same type/brand of shampoo every day.

Also, I've just received a pot of alguronic acid night cream. any thoughts on that, Dane? apparently it's a new thing. Also, whet do you think about Glycolic acid? You seem very knowledgeable, so I'd appreciate your input.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎