Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PandorasFate
    • Apr 2014

The packaging isn't pretty, nor does it smell nice (no frag at all) but this stuff works. Makes me soft, evens skin tone, promotes elasticity. I absolutely swear by it.

“Budget the luxuries first.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ahn View Post
      Aesop are quite famous for combining natural and synthetic materials; they are not a 'natural ingredients only' company.

I was given a sample and full size Geranium Leaf Body Cleanser from Aesop for my birthday (along with some other Aesop goodies such as hand cream and lip cream) - I can definitely say that while I did not have success with their face care line I am in LOVE with the body cleanser. It just has the most engaging scent and has a beautiful low foam that feels incredibly luxurious.

I'm also surprised at how much I enjoy using the lip cream. I've never liked the feeling of cream on my lips but this is velvety and absorbs very quickly leaving my lips feeling hydrated (normally very very dry) and not tacky.

So that's another win.

I wish I could say the same for their lip balm - I bought it because it was SPF30 and because I usually prefer balms, but the consistency is tacky and unpleasant.
      I'm lucky to have an Aesop store a block away from me so it's become sorta of my Duane Reade.

The Geranium Leaf Body Scrub is fantastic. But it leaves bits of pumice in your drain which is annoying. Great paired with a Chaacoca scrub mitt.

If you mean the Rosehip Seed Lip Cream, I think this is their worst product. There's so much water in this stuff, it completely dries your lips within minutes. The metal tube just keeps oozing this crap when squeezed.

You should also check out these other products..

The Poo-Poo drops is also a must get. This is not a novelty item. Works best if you drop it in the sink. Toilet water will just dilute it.

The Reverence Aromatic Hand Wash is similar to the Geranium body wash. It's like the heavy duty LAVA hand soap with pumice. I rarely use it but it's nice to have as supplemental kitchen hand soap.

The Deodorant is one of their best products. You can pretty much wear it like a fragrance. It smells like the store. Rather pricey for 1.7 oz.

Equalizing Shampoo is very refreshing, but does little to control my oily hair, but for some reason they never made a conditioner to pair it with.

Comment

• Verdandi
        • Mar 2012

I recently bought Guerlain's Eau de lingerie. The sheer thought of having a perfume to spray onto your underpinnings seems utterly frivolous. I love it.
        There is also one to spray onto you cashmere
        lavender menace

Comment

• bukka
          • Sep 2011

Anyone can recommend a scrub and a moisturizer for oily (like seriously oily) skins? The ones I tried so far weren't good for me. The parsley seed moisturizer is the best one so far but still far from what I looking for
          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

If your skin is oily, why are you using a moisturizer? It's moisturized...leave it alone.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
              If your skin is oily, why are you using a moisturizer? It's moisturized...leave it alone.
              Mixed type skin. It means that my skin is really oily but, at the same time, really dry in certain parts of my face.

Comment

• Landadel
                Banned
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                It's a match made in heaven! Aesop, like Mad et Len, just works with SZ in some visceral way. Non-fussy, earthy, subtle, quality, and fucking expensive.
                "I use Bigen Japanese dye for my hair, and Aesop for shampoos and moisturizers because it's the only packaging I like. I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle. "
                - Rick Owens

Source: 24 hours with Rick Owens

My small luxuries (considering I´m a poor student):

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                  Mixed type skin. It means that my skin is really oily but, at the same time, really dry in certain parts of my face.
                  Gross, but potentially relevant question - are the dry parts red/flaky/irritated?
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• bukka
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    Gross, but potentially relevant question - are the dry parts red/flaky/irritated?
                    Hahaha, nope. Actually it doesn't look bad at all, it's just that when the skin is really dry, it starts to peel a little and it's annoying. Specially between the eyebrows

Don't you know if there's a moisturizer for mixed type skins? Thanks for your help Dane :)

Comment

• Landadel
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2014

I´d recommend visiting a dermatologist – the dilemma is this:
                      if you use something to dry out the oily bits, they may overreact and therefore produce more oil. And if you moisten the dry parts to much, they may get used to it and dry out even more. At least that´s what I´ve heard.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Anyone can recommend a scrub and a moisturizer for oily (like seriously oily) skins? The ones I tried so far weren't good for me. The parsley seed moisturizer is the best one so far but still far from what I looking for
                        Bukka, we have a men's grooming thread, more fitting to ask there.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pilgrim
                          • Apr 2014

http://www.nancyboy.com/

I have been using their products for 3 weeks, gotta say, they're pretty good.

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

Mea culpa, ill ask the next question there

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                              • Sep 2008

Time to revive this thread.

Recently received some incense cones from this UK brand called 'Haeckles'. Normally not such a fan of incense being lit at home, but this is well worth checking out.
                              Hostem is currently having a little pop-up shop with their products as well.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I've sworn off buying expensive hand soap and body wash, but I must say every time I wash my hands with this Aesop hand wash, I feel a little happier. The seeds feel so good against your hands. God, I sound like an ad

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎