X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    The good news is I am glad to see you back!
    Aaw, thank you! I didn't mean to be gone for so long, and I certainly hope you didn't think I left.

Nothing rational was keeping me out, and considering there are all kinds of whozits and whatzits to post makes it doubly difficult to explain. It's a little like the final scene of The Exterminating Angel, but reversed. And minus the sheep.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a forum to catch up on.
    sain't

Comment

• En.
      • May 2015

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      can you briefly explain how it was awful, and how you see it improving now that we know who was elected?
      -Funding Saudi Arabia, the most oppressive country out there, and numerous selling of arms.
      -The destabilization of Libya, Syria, Honduras and Yemen and the further destabilization of Iraq and Afghanistan, causing an increase of ISIS control in all those countries but Honduras.
      -Sponsored coups in Tunisia, Egypt and Bahrain.
      -Continuation of NSA spying.
      -Instigating and provoking a war with Russia by interfering in their territory.
      -Forcing TPP.
      -Mass drone killings.
      -Iran nuclear deal

Obama's a bigger warmonger than W. Bush and has caused far more damage than him. Hillary is even worse. Her constant lying, and further provoking Russia by wanting to get more involved in Syria and plotting to overthrow Iran despite selling Uranium to Russia. Not to mention her unflinching support to her donors that don't have the interest of the people in mind. She also played a role in the Clinton Administration which led to the recession America is still recovering from after repealing Glass-Steagall and increase of mass incarceration after passing the 1994 Crime Bill.
      Putin has already commented on Trump's victory and wants to improve relations between the two countries. That would improve the state of the Middle East by avoiding their territory and any more unnecessary conflicts. Both want to battle ISIS and that could help stabilize the destabilized countries. As for nationally, wanting to renegotiate trade deals, stopping NAFTA and TPP, and cutting taxes are already a big plus. There's a lot I disagree with him about, especially with something as major as climate change, but I'm glad we have a president that finally wants to regulate illegal immigration after so long. The other issues aren't as important to me as the unnecessary conflicts America is causing around the world. It's time the government minds its own business.

Comment

• jimmycs
        • Mar 2014

Mere reflections of the toxic environment we are in.

Comment

• deadboy
          • Jul 2013

Judging by some reactions here, I don't think the full gravity of just how FUBAR shit can go is quite understood, or grasped, by many.

Comment

• sam_tem
            • Apr 2007

" It's time the government minds its own business."

You do have to admit, it's quite humorous you end with a line like this in regards to a Trump presidency.

Comment

• Jtothewhat
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by En. View Post
              The other issues aren't as important to me as the unnecessary conflicts America is causing around the world. It's time the government minds its own business.
              Not to be reductive, but isn't Trump the guy who said he wouldn't rule out the use of Nuclear missiles in Europe? Wants to allow SK, Japan, and NK to become Nuclear states? Supports Russia's carpet bombing of Syria?

Given the GOP's history on rushing into conflicts, do you really think Trumps 4 year term with a Republican senate & house is going to be any different?

Comment

• jimmycs
                • Mar 2014

With the Republicans being in charge in the two branches (Congress and Presidency), they have no one else to blame for mistakes. Let's see if Trump would not turn out like Napoleon in the novel, Animal Farm,ie. becoming one of them.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
                  Judging by some reactions here, I don't think the full gravity of just how FUBAR shit can go is quite understood, or grasped, by many.
                  Yep. People are fucking stupid. Or evil. Or both.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by jimmycs View Post
                    With the Republicans being in charge in the two branches (Congress and Presidency), they have no one else to blame for mistakes.
                    I don't think that has ever stopped them before. Obama wasn't POTUS for 30 seconds before the GOP started blaming him for the economy.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by En. View Post
                      The other issues aren't as important to me as the unnecessary conflicts America is causing around the world. It's time the government minds its own business.
                      So basically you disapprove of Obama's (and Clinton's) foreign policy by approving the election of a narcissistic, vulgar, misogynist, xenophobic assclown as president?

I suppose the "less important things" include everything from promoting racism and hatred within the country to global warming and healthcare.

If you are worried about global conflicts and war, didn't Trump suggest arming various countries with nukes? Trusting this matter in to the hands of someone who can't control their anger on Twitter doesn't seem like a good idea.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
                        yup.

enjoy your stacked-with-bigots supreme court for the next 20 years folks.

definitely won't be visiting the united states again for a long time... [okay except CA].

-

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

And I had hoped for universal health care, a higher national minimum wage and college/student loan reform over the next 4 years... so much for that.
                          music

Comment

• curiouscharles
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by casem View Post
                            And I had hoped for universal health care, a higher national minimum wage and college/student loan reform over the next 4 years... so much for that.
                            yup, say goodbye to any progress towards universal health care, wage reform, civil rights, women's reproductive rights, gay rights, THE FUCKING ENVIRONMENT.

we're at the tipping point on so many important issues, on which the USA is supposed to be a world leader.

i'm hoping the senate will be smart enough not to give in to his protectionist economic sentiments either, so much misguided sentiment from both sides of the equation on that front - and protectionism is only going to hurt the crippled global economy right now.

-

Comment

• En.
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              So basically you disapprove of Obama's (and Clinton's) foreign policy by approving the election of a narcissistic, vulgar, misogynist, xenophobic assclown as president?
                              It's more than disapproval. Each administration since JFK has played a role in negatively affecting other nations but none more than the Obama Administration. It's more than just their foreign policy; those were war crimes and Hillary wanted to keep it going. Thousands to millions of lives were lost and are ruined because of blatant mistakes. Besides all of that, Saudi Arabia is the #1 exporter of terrorism so the unflinching support by the Democrats is definitely not a good thing. What matters most is what the president is going to be doing in office and from what Trump has said he wants to do in his first 100 days, there are a lot of improvements in the long run coming from him. That includes limiting congress terms, blocking foreign lobbyists and restricting national lobbyists. If it all gets passed that is. I'm willing to ignore his disgusting character if he manages to get those acts passed.
                              I suppose the "less important things" include everything from promoting racism and hatred within the country to global warming and healthcare.
                              The promoting of hatred from his followers is no different from the hatred of the modern Left. Identity politics is a mess and likely resulted in Millenial support for Trump.
                              His stance on climate change is easily his worst. I agree with repealing the AFA. Universal healthcare is needed but not one that's half-assed. The GOP is to be blamed for that mess.
                              If you are worried about global conflicts and war, didn't Trump suggest arming various countries with nukes? Trusting this matter in to the hands of someone who can't control their anger on Twitter doesn't seem like a good idea.
                              Yes, for Japan and South Korea due to North Korea and China so America can withdraw their troops. Twitter is one thing, nukes are another. I honestly don't understand how people think Trump will instantly start a nuclear war after a petty conflict. There are already precautions for nuclear weaponry.

We really needed Sanders to win...

Comment

• nvsnli
                                • Mar 2013

I wonder how big the meltdown will be if in unlikely events Trump is actually decent president.
                                People cant admit they were wrong is my guess and keep shitting on him if the above scenario will unfold.

From Vox because poor uneducated white people were brought up:
                                There is absolutely no evidence that Trump’s supporters, either in the primary or the general election, are disproportionately poor or working class. Exit polling from the primaries found that Trump voters made about as much as Ted Cruz voters, and significantly more than supporters of either Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders. Trump voters, FiveThirtyEight's Nate Silver found, had a median household income of $72,000, a fair bit higher than the $62,000 median household income for non-Hispanic whites in America.

A major study from Gallup's Jonathan Rothwell confirmed this. Trump support was correlated with higher, not lower, income, both among the population as a whole and among white people. Trump supporters were less likely to be unemployed or to have dropped out of the labor force. Areas with more manufacturing, or higher exposure to imports from China, were less likely to think favorably of Trump.
                                Do not let facts bother you if you already made your mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎