Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

nice arto. the welding detail sets this one aside from the once you see in stores, always those small things.

I want to build something. had a project during the summer, blatant copying, but it was a fun thing to be occupied with.

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Wouldn't normally post my work, but here's something I am involved in, which we just launched:

Easy, affordable options for you to obtain the domain you want. Safe and secure shopping.

Not sure if we'll make a difference or not, but worth a try.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
        • Sep 2009

lovely!
        http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
          • Nov 2007

wow

wow.
          first time visiting this thread and it is great
          and inspiring.
          a beautiful thing.
          compliments to all of you,
          keep it up
          best wishes,
          geoffrey

Comment

• Hi Everyone! This is a snippet of something I've been working on together with my friend for the past year and a half. We've been writing and recording an EP and this is the first preview I'm showing anyone in here. She's the singer, writing the lyrics and melodies mostly, and I do production, arrangement and programming, as well as chipping in on backing vocals.

Take a listen and tell me what you think

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

Very nice Arash! The production quality is very good and I like your electronics, she also has a very pleasant pop voice. I need a singer friend, I hate writing lyrics and vocal melodies!

I finally finished a concrete version of the piece I improv'd in New Haven at a Halloween party at Artspace. It's titled "confession". All the voices were live recordings of "confessions" from the patrons of the party. As always you can hear it here.
              music

Comment

• Thanks! I know what you mean. I do to. That's why I've started to only write lyrics and melodies. I'm hoping my aversion to it will disappear with practice, so I can create my own material from scratch. I hate compromising. Right now the songs we're doing are more for her, so the pop vibe is sortof unvolountary. I'm trying to keep it interesting.

I have a weakness for chopped up voices. Steve Reich did a very cool thing where he had someone talk, and then completely "froze" the voice by making a really really short loop from it. Then he added new peoples loops on top of it and there were this really sheer pad effect going on as people spoke.

Comment

• Stack
                  • Jan 2008

heirloom, that sounds awesome. will the full track be available for purchase or is santa going to be packing that heat in his sack?
                  once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• we're thinking about releasing it, but it's a big procedure. Firstly we're doing it for ourselves, but it would be awesome if people actually wanted to listen to it.

Comment

• Stack
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                      we're thinking about releasing it, but it's a big procedure. Firstly we're doing it for ourselves, but it would be awesome if people actually wanted to listen to it.
                      if you ever decide to release it, put up a notification here and i'll purchase a copy from you. i'd be happy to support you.
                      once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• i appreciate it alot! :D

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

10 years ago, the last project of my studies. A 115 m hotel in Dortmund, Germany

Last edited by DRRRK; 11-24-2009, 04:54 PM. Reason: picture problems

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

one of my 1/4 plate tintypes. this is the same photographic process back in the civil war.

this one is intentionally blurry, but they can be tack sharp if you want..

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by merz
                              ace, very fond of such development/printing methods!
                              thanks, there's no printing in that one. the image will just appear on the metal sheet after development..

this one is printed from a glass plate negative. same process but shot on glass..

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

Incredible. Is it hard to do? Can you tell us a bit more about the general process, please? Did you build your own camera?

For some reason, I'm not that interested in photography, but I would really like to build a camera. I've no idea how to go about it though

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎