X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farkhanyassin
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
    i do too. i think it's hilarious. It took me a while to see the motif, but when i did i laughed. completely SZ nerdy. awesome!!!
    Haha! It is nerdy huh.

Anyways, does photography count as 'work and creations'?
    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

The SZ Bulletin Board thread is the general photography thread ... it's located in same subforum as this.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

I'm building a table with a metal bottom and I would want to oxidize it/make it rust. And was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to do this?

The effect I'm after is like on the CCP-tags

Spots of rust all over the metal. I guess that I should start by brushing the metal, but what liquids do you use? I heard that Sulphur should work well, and that even mixed eggs could to the trick.

One main thing is that I don't want the rust to rub off to other subjects, like the carpet, clothes etc.

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Getting back to my piano roots, I've uploaded a new piece called "Sonate Organique" Planes and Angles.
          music

Comment

• Originally posted by bestial View Post
            I'm building a table with a metal bottom and I would want to oxidize it/make it rust. And was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to do this?

The effect I'm after is like on the CCP-tags

Spots of rust all over the metal. I guess that I should start by brushing the metal, but what liquids do you use? I heard that Sulphur should work well, and that even mixed eggs could to the trick.

One main thing is that I don't want the rust to rub off to other subjects, like the carpet, clothes etc.
            pour salt and mixed eggs on it, and let it stand out in the weather for a week or two. when they have the desired patina you can take it in and seal it with a few layers of spray laquer.

Comment

• GANESA
              • Jan 2009

Not really mine.
              Still have another session to go.

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                pour salt and mixed eggs on it, and let it stand out in the weather for a week or two. when they have the desired patina you can take it in and seal it with a few layers of spray laquer.
                I found that ättikssprit worked rather well, a little bit to runny, got a more of a Herman Nitsch-effect. I think it might be the wrong time to do this now with all the snow and so, maybe later on in the spring.

The concrete top is made, and now it only has to dry completely (right now it's a bit wet in the middle). Then I have to start sanding the edges a bit and maybe roughen it up a bit.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

did you make it out of solid concrete or is there some sort of a structure inside? how thick is it and how much does it weigh?

I tried making a small stool / bench out of concrete, only to realize half way through that it would weigh about 80kg and decided to stop there
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

I wanted it raw, so it's a solid 3cm, 50-60kg heavy concrete board

the leg structure is a cube made out of hollow steel rods which don't weigh much.

... but I won't move this piece by myself.

saw some swedish construction show on tv, where they used styrofoam as inside structure. of course it's way more practical, but a little bit IKEA too.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

ah ok, what I was trying to make was about 10cm thick so even with a wooden frame inside it would've been impossible to move..

looking forward to pics when finished

I'm currently building a bed, finally got around to building the frame today, will do the rest during next week...
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                        • Jun 2008

10 cm is wack, public place weight, you made need to design for your city's park planners. :)

wow, a bed, that's not the first thing you come up to do, looking forward to seeing pictures of that aswell.

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

I make jewelry as a hobby. Never made anything like these, but I was commissioned to do so. The idea has been done many times and isn't something I'd normally make. But I like the way they came out. Rusted steel and mahogany handles.

Comment

• kuugaia
                            • Feb 2010

Wow, those look really great man. Fantastic work! Who doesnt love asian cleavers? :D

Comment

• thaiison
                              • Dec 2009

great work up there, they are looking kinda sharp, are you thinking of using them as a necklace?

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by thaiison View Post
                                great work up there, they are looking kinda sharp, are you thinking of using them as a necklace?
                                Yes, they're made for a necklace. The appear sharp but are quite dull. It's more shine than sharp.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎