Clear All
  • Tumnus Truck-Tour
    Banned
    • Nov 2009

Comment

• Magician
      • Jul 2008

"The Persistence of Mammaries"

2010, Latex and Razor on salvaged board.

It's bigger than it looks (about 30x 30) and has a rough texture that didn't translate so well.
      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

some prints ive been working on for my new collection. These shall be used as large texture prints,and multiple pattern prints.
        They were created using water and ink,on parts of a human body,and have been mirrored on pshop.There are around 30 prints that im editing down to 4(these are just a sample of the 30 and not the final 4). They are inspired by the rorscach inkblot test.

Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 06-11-2010, 11:38 AM.
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• sharkweek
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
          some prints ive been working on for my new collection. These shall be used as large texture prints,and multiple pattern prints.
          They were created using water and ink,on parts of a human body,and have been mirrored on pshop.There are around 30 prints that im editing down to 4(these are just a sample of the 30 and not the final 4). They are inspired by the rorscach inkblot test.
          How are you printing these? inkjet? litho?

Here are a few shots from my first year drawing class this past semester

keep in mind we get the assignment on Friday, and next friday we crit.

enamel, acrylic and magazine on canvas 65" x 50"

spray enamel, acrylic, and vinyl on panel and wall 41" x 52"

graphite on plywood with pine frame, graphite and wood block print on paper (paper roughly 30" x 44", can't remember the panel size)

detail of the woodblock print with graphite

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
            • Mar 2009

I just mixed ink and water,painted onto a body part and i then pressed some thick paper onto the area to take the print.

I then just scanned them in,and mirrored the image. They shall then be digitally printed onto fabric.
            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Enaml
              • Apr 2009

Shye, remaking the Rorschach test?
              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

lol does anyone know what part of the body she is using in his prints ?
                shye look good ... its so you ;)

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

Enaml

Its loosley based on the rorscach test. As a point of inspiration.
                  The collection is based on a subject that,although used a lot in the mainstream,still seems taboo at times.

Snaf, they look better then ones i was testing last summer hey! lol

Comment

• Enaml
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                    The collection is based on a subject that,although used a lot in the mainstream,still seems taboo at times.
                    Could you possibly go into more detail on this? I'm not quite sure what you're speaking of. I've never gotten the feeling that the Rorschach's test was taboo. If anything, I'm wary of any sort of projective, psychological testing methods in regards to their legitimacy.

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

no no he is speaking about using female genitalia to make those prints... only you shye ha

Comment

• Enaml
                        • Apr 2009

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

The rorschach test was never taboo,and results were always inconclusive,and ofcourse it was then never used again.
                          I used it as an inspiration point purely because people would often see sexual imagery in them.

Sex and sex addiction,have become rather mainstream.Elements of sex are still considered taboo.

Ive done a hell of a lot of research on the subject,and my findings,especially during the 19th century are hilarious.
                          For instance masturbating was enough to get you put in the loony bin!
                          I have images from old records which states that in one particular asylum, nearly 100 patients were commited due to masturbation!
                          I thought it only made you blind,not crazy!

And dont even get me started on Mr.Kellog of breakfast cereal fame!

To cut it short,he would use the flakes as a way of distracting patients in his brothers health farm from masturbating!

But my concept for the collection runs a bit deeper than just this. These were just some interesting little tit bits, i found while researching into means of restriction within mental asylums,sex,and so on and so forth!

;P
                          Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 06-15-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• sistersuzie
                            • Jun 2010

sheep burial

Comment

• rottentomatoes.
                              • Mar 2008

Those prints are beatiful! I certainly love the tension and abnormal in them, though they are classics. Do I dare ask which body parts you have used?

Comment

• sistersuzie
                                • Jun 2010

amonst others things...
                                sheep burial

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎