Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

if you don't really feel like paying for app store downloads you can always get cracked versions off torrent sites, they generally come with tutorials on how to get them working...

I got over the iPhone, reasonably happy with my recently purchased HTC Touch HD. despite the fact that it runs Windows Mobile it has a good interface, and also has far more features and software available for it than Apple's offering.

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

yes, my phone is jb'd and all the apps work

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      no dice. must be my phone.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

a long shot but
        does anybody know how to record a lengthy phone conversation? i will be talking most likely on an iphone
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• doldrums
          • Dec 2008

^ I wouldn't expect that to be possible anytime soon. The iphone SDK doesn't allow for it and the ATT contract agreement doesn't either so it would be a violation of contract.

However, if you jailbreak the phone there are a few options like spoofphone or something like that and another -

I looked this up recently as well. Also keep in mind its illegal in some states to do it without consent from both parties etc. This is one of the few things that makes me want to jailbreak anymore but havent yet so have got no experience...

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

what is jailbreak exactly?
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• c.r.e.a.m.
              • Jan 2009

its basically hacking the iphone. its a program which allows you to mess with you iphone. it allows you to install and run 3rd party apps. i used to have my iphone jailbreaked, but now i just use the normal apple upgrades. runs smoother this way.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

^ and most importantly being able to unlock it from the operator
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

So, I restored the pnwage software again, and everything runs smooth. I love this fucking thing. I already downloaded the complete shakespeare, moby dick, and the complete works of edgar allan poe. don't need to take an ipod with me on the subway, or a book. My back thanks me. I'm sold. The battery life sucks of course, but understandable given the amount of things going on at the same time in such a gadget.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BlackSilver
                    • Nov 2008

Bang & Olufsen's BeoSound 5: $5,900 music server / controller
                    Looking for a wrap cardigan! odyn vovk or KK, pm me if you have one for sale in 46-48

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

^^didn't look much into that, but for some reason I'd assume the usability to be years behind ipods and such, and the sound quality to be decent at best. B&O makes some nice looking stuff, but I've heard about so many quality issues that I'd never buy anything. I have a set of speakers that my father used to have, I use them simply because they look nice but the speakers on my $400 Yamaha mini stereo would be better
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

^Oouch!! all my shit at home and office is B&O (tvs, speakers and stereos), great clean design and good performance, definitely not the best for audio (most of the best ones are fugly). I'v had my shit for years and only sent one speaker to service once (free btw).

I agree that beosound 5 is way behind.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Yea, technology has finally caught up with B&O in certain respects (phones and digital music). In terms of design it's cool of course.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

my parents had two b&o televisions and in under ten years one broke, and after just past 10 years the other one started making crazy noises whenever it was on. 10 year is not a short time of course, but I never had any problems with the 20 year old sony that I had in my room

Comment

• Diego
                              • Aug 2007

A couple of years ago I received a plasma beovision that made weird noises (like most old plasmas) they said it had something to do with Mexico city height but they still sold me the fucking thing here right? so I yelled at them for an hour and had it replaced (again free). Just wanted to share my good experience with the brand, specially with this items:

beovision 9

beosound 9000

beocom 6000

beolab 3

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                a long shot but
                                does anybody know how to record a lengthy phone conversation? i will be talking most likely on an iphone
                                Something that Liam Neeson showed me in Taken, why not just put it on speaker phone and then record?
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎