X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

That phone is nice, Diego. I have the same one... sitting in a box for 5 years, since I don't have a house phone. Also, the 2.4ghz they touted was available in $30 phones within two eyars. Case in point about technology moving ahead. But a good looking phone for sure. I also have the voice answering machine and the simple phone. They are undoubtedly nice looking though :)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Does anyone know whether the big GSM providers, TMobile and ATT will lower their prices in the near future to compete with the likes of Boots and Metro PCS? My contract expired and I am torn between having the flexibility of month to month and waiting for a good deal or locking myself into another 2 year contract and getting a good phone for free. What's the word on the street?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

South Korea knows cell phones.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
          • Sep 2006

any of you follow e3... if not check out the 360 sensor addon.

The new name for Natal has been announced! Kinect will be a new way to share, communicate, interact and of course play on your Xbox 360!If you enjoyed the vi...

dunno how to embed

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

iPhone question - how do you make iPhoto not launch every time you stick the phone in the cradle? Fing annoying.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Spencer
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              iPhone question - how do you make iPhoto not launch every time you stick the phone in the cradle? Fing annoying.

Hmm, mine has never launched, although I pretty much never use iPhoto. Maybe go into iPhoto preferences < general < connecting camera opens - select "no application".

Worth a shot!

Comment

• my B&O television lasted for 25 years before it broke down. i love it still.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                  Hmm, mine has never launched, although I pretty much never use iPhoto. Maybe go into iPhoto preferences < general < connecting camera opens - select "no application".

Worth a shot!
                  I suppose. The only problem is I want it to launch when I connect the real camera!!! I guess it's still worth doing, thanks!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
                    • Apr 2009

WWDC tomorrow. News on new iPhones and Snow Leopard. Hopefully new Macbook Pros (and better specs).
                    How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

and can they make them cheaper? i hope so.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
                        • Apr 2009

As do I. I'll be purchasing a new one when the release them regardless, though. My mid '07 white macbook is really starting to show some wear. Probably not the best idea to have purchased a non-pro in the first place.

Comment

• Enaml
                          • Apr 2009

Double post, but good news for anyone getting a new Macbook soon!

Apple just let loose a new 15-inch MacBook Pro at WWDC 2009, with what appears to be the same built-in, non-removable battery (or, non-user serviceable, if we're being proper) as in the current unibody 17-incher. Phil asserts that the cell will last the average user around five years (1,000 recharges), and could last around seven hours under ideal conditions. There's also an SD card reader rather than an ExpressCard slot (seriously Apple -- replaced? -- why not just add it like every other Wintel laptop available today?). Oh, and the starting tag just dropped to $1,699. Starting at $1,699 (down from $1,999 in prior lineups) $1,699: 2.53GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce 9400M graphics, 250GB HDD, SD card slot, no ExpressCard $1,999: 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT graphics, 320GB HDD, SD card slot, no ExpressCard $2,299: 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT graphics, 500GB HDD, SD card slot, no ExpressCard 17-inch unibody MacBook Pro remains the same specs-wise (it's the only Apple laptop left with an ExpressCard slot), but it's getting a price cut to $2,499. Shipping today Not enough for you? The 13-inch unibody MacBook has been beefed up and revised, and it's now part of the MacBook Pro line as well. Yep, all the aluminum machines are now Pros, with the same built-in battery promising seven hours of life. The littlest Pro also gets the SD card slot, a FireWire 800 port, up to 8GB of RAM, upwards of 500GB of storage and a backlit keyboard as standard. You just knew Apple couldn't let its remaining white MacBook outperform its more expensive unibody for long, right? It'll be available (today, we expect) in two configurations. $1,199: 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce 9400M graphics, 160GB HDD, SD card slot, no ExpressCard $1,499: 2.53GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce 9400M graphics, 250GB HDD, SD card slot, no ExpressCard Wilder still? A new MacBook Air, which starts at $1,499 (while the SSD unit gets going at $1,799). Yeah, that's $700 less than before. $1,499: 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce 9400M graphics, 120GB HDD $1,799: 2.13GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce 9400M graphics, 128GB SSD

As for a summary of WWDC, new Macbook Pro, iPhone OS 3.0, iPhone 3GS, and Snow Leopard.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Macbook Air price is approaching sanity level, but still insane.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Macbook Air price is approaching sanity level, but still insane.
                              I have yet to find a good reason for owning a Macbook Air, beyond the ill-informed fanboy-ism that is so common (or outspoken) in the Mac community. A standard (or even aluminum-bodied, 13in pro) Macbook will be ever so slightly thicker, more sturdy, and have more features which most consider standard even on tiny netbooks for a lower price.

I would liken it to purchasing 5 pairs of Dick socks.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

It's the weight that attracts me. I use a laptop the way it was meant to be used, when I am on the move. I am sure there is a Windows alternative for much cheaper. Gotta find one.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎