• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    I don't think anyone was comparing it to a netbook

and no, you can't make calls. if I understood correctly, Apple is doing a 3G version fairly soon. I suppose hypebeasts will then buy another 300,000.
    On that front, the 3g version is actually kind of appealing. Unlimited data for 15 or 30/month. Combine that with VoIP (like skype) and an IM client and you get phone and text messages. It's still the size of my head. I still won't want one. But, it definitely makes it much closer to good.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Gasp...

Going to play with an iPad tomorrow morning. Will report back.
      Played. Liked. Won't buy. The keyboard is useless. Will be great for digital media though.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• qnc.hst
        • Oct 2007

Not completely sure that this is the best thread for this question, but I can't find the audio equipment thread that I thought used to be out there, so here will suffice for now...

Was curious if anybody has any headphones suggestions. I've used a pair of Sony MDR V700s for the past several years, but they're pretty beat up and last night I finally dropped them and the cans busted off of the headband. The plastic is broken, so my options are to duct tape or try and find someone that can repair... but I think all in all it may just be time to move along to try something new.

Not looking for the top of the line $1000 Grados, more looking to spend $100-$150 if possible. Reviews tend to tip me towards lower-end Grados or Sennheisers but wanted to check for opinions amongst SZ's audiophiles before making a move.

A few pertinent details: They'll get daily use w/ my iPhone (absolutely hate earbuds) and may get occassional use as club DJ headphones (read: once every couple of months, perhaps). Otherwise, will be used for home/office/bus listening and bedroom DJing as well. One worry I have about the Grados is that reviews indicate a lot of sound leakage and I don't want to piss off fellow bus riders or cubicle neighbors, so if anybody has specific input on these issues would love to hear it...

Sorry for the rambling as always, and feel free to move the post if another thread is more appropriate... other than that, thanks in advance for any input!
        I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• munch
          • Aug 2008

for DJ'ing you probably don't want grado, and the decent senns are also quite open

Comment

• qnc.hst
            • Oct 2007

^ thanks for the input. Just curious... is it because of the open ear design that you're not recommending these? Is the major issue here that it's difficult to isolate the monitor mix coming through the headphone from the live mix in the room w/ the open ear design?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

thats right

I had to use my grados once while djing and you have to turn them super loud to hear anything from underneath the live audio.

I've used Sony MDRV150's for ages, they're super cheap but I tend to lose or break them every now and then so they work fine for me. they're decent looking as well, I'm not a fan of really big ones.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• qnc.hst
                • Oct 2007

Thanks to both of you! Glad I asked... I was in some form of denial there, hoping that the sound leakage might not actually be all that bad when mixing. Will definitely look to another pair for DJ use (actually might just zip tie and duct tape my Sonys for this purpose, as I really don't DJ all that often). Or might look to those MDRV150s for that purpose... nice price point, that.

Mike, since you have Grados could you speak to whether they work well for you in public spaces? I've seen people w/ Grados before and never noticed any sonic leakage that I would personally take offense at in a shared environment, but now that I'm reading about it I begin to get paranoid...

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I couldn't say as I've only used them at home, they are nice but a bit too large for my taste to carry around.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• munch
                    • Aug 2008

New York invasion by 8-bits creatures ! PIXELS is Patrick Jean' latest short film, shot on location in New York. Written, directed by : Patrick Jean Director of Photograhy : Matias Boucard SFX by Patrick Jean and guests Produced by One More Production www.onemoreprod.com

made with technology and quite awesome one too, so I post this here...

Comment

• munch
                      • Aug 2008

new macbook pro's with .. core i5 and i7 something dual core, no quads, option for higher resolution on 15.4. from 1440x900 -> 1680x1050... I think there are new graphics card in them too.

read more at apple.com

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I hate apple. They make me secretly wish my laptop would break.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mizzar
                          • Mar 2008

qnc.hst:You may look for a Senh's hd 25-1.
                          Very good soundisolation, very good quality, and relativly small.
                          ____
                          sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• MaxM
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by mizzar View Post
                            qnc.hst:You may look for a Senh's hd 25-1.
                            Very good soundisolation, very good quality, and relativly small.
                            Second that. Sennheiser HDs are just indestructible. Perfect mix of small size, great audio quality and durability at a good price .

Grados aren't suited for carying around all the time...

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I hate apple. They make me secretly wish my laptop would break.
                              +1, but only for the first part.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                                +1, but only for the first part.
                                I was just wondering where did you disappear to
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎