Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitney
    • Dec 2009

they were talking about how the prime minister of (i forget) was stuck at the airport because of the volcano eruption disrupting air travel..and showed him using the ipad to keep himself in the loop

i like the idea of, having it connected to the projector via wifi so if you wanted to make a presentation you'd have the ipad to use instead of using actual computer w/keyboard..or laptop..looks better, takes up less space and much lighter more mobile etc etc
    you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

thats a pretty cool idea actually, it would serve the purpose of a notepad as well as controlling whats on the screen. but I doubt that a majority of projectors aren't hooked up to wifi or don't support it.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• whitney
        • Dec 2009

wishful thinking. for school setting or corporate meetings.. i'm surprised they do not make the projector compatible with wifi (as standard). this way you can have multiple users with ease..not having to bring cords with you (as if having a charger cord isn't enough :p) and you can move around while controlling whats on the big screen..
        you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          thats a pretty cool idea actually, it would serve the purpose of a notepad as well as controlling whats on the screen. but I doubt that a majority of projectors aren't hooked up to wifi or don't support it.
          Projectors manage to stay demoralizing low-tech despite the changes everywhere else. I'm always amazed that, walking into a brand new building with everything shiny, the projectors will still require a VGA cable physically attached. I mean, if it weren't for projectors, I wouldn't even remember what a VGA cable looked like.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
            • Jan 2007

Pretty much any projector you can buy these days has HDMI but most companies can't be bothered to upgrade because picture quality really doesn't matter that much when you're just throwing a powerpoint on the wall.
            Originally posted by jogu
            i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• cmitso412
              • Feb 2010

does anyone here have a Nikon D700? I am thinking of getting a new camera and was wondering how you feel about it.
              thanks

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Can someone recommend me a decent iPhone/iPod speaker/dock thingie? It doesn't have to be anything special, just not atrociously sounding/looking. It's for the kitchen (so I can bring myself to wash the dishes), the slimmer, the better.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xeraphim
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Can someone recommend me a decent iPhone/iPod speaker/dock thingie? It doesn't have to be anything special, just not atrociously sounding/looking. It's for the kitchen (so I can bring myself to wash the dishes), the slimmer, the better.
                  BOSE SoundDock Portable?

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    If you can afford thickness, the B&W ZeppelinMini sounds very good (Zeppelin sounds better, but is at full-on stereo prices, and at that point you can do some in-walls and a little ipod amp).

The styling is iffy, but not actively offensive to me, and it actually sounds musical, which is quite rare in iPod docks.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• cmitso412
                      • Feb 2010

I have the bose sound dock and it works very well. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sound dock.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                        • Jan 2010

I have the Tivoli SongBook, but they have more options now.
                        THE HOUSE OF DIS
                        embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

personally, I'd just get a really minimal stereo setup with aux-in that you could hook up an ipod/iphone/whatever to - this way you dont have to rely on a specific type of of phone but can hook up any sort of auxillary audio source to. having recently switched from an iphone to a HTC, I'm really a happy I didn't get a fixed dock for it.

as for iphone/ipod docks, the Vers 2X is a pretty nice setup.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• doldrums
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

as for iphone/ipod docks, the Vers 2X is a pretty nice setup.
                            I have this one. sort of suspect design but i still bit - sound strength is that is plays well at high volumes but otherwise pretty average. has an input so can connect anything to it.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Thanks, guys, some choice recommendations for sure.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

wow that last post of mine was surprisingly coherent considering I wrote it at 2:15am on my cellphone pissed drunk

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎