Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fncyths
    • Apr 2010

/ \ turn it on and select Paris time zone to make your appts. When done switch back to NY.
    Originally posted by Shucks
    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
    Originally posted by interest1
    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ thanks!

Why does every Apple "upgrade" feel worse than the previous version? (I mean, I know why, because they bloat them on purpose in order to slow down your old hardware and force you to buy new one. Fuckers.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Marko
        • Jul 2009

Every update they have makes me want to switch away from the iPhone more and more.

Comment

• fncyths
          • Apr 2010

/ \ but some. how. you. just. can't. let. go...

Originally posted by Shucks
          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I just think that in today's day and age with sustainability being a major concern they would not induce obsolescence so brazenly. My iMac is 8 years old and I have no plans to replace it. I'm going to downgrade from Mavericks, which started slowing it down considerably. Everything worked just swell before.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fenix
              • Aug 2010

Mavericks is very heavy on RAM from what I have heard. Not sure if you've upgraded but if you are running 4GB you are likely going to see performance hits.

Let's face it though, new software isn't going to be designed to run on hardware that is 8 years old. :) That said, thos iMacs are solid. My girlfriend has one and I've kept her from upgrading the OS and it runs like a dream.
              Originally posted by hausofblaq
              Grow up.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I have a paltry 3GB :-)

Ok, I'll give you the iMac (though I can't tell you what is it that's so wonderful about Mavericks that the older software does not already do), but the iOS upgrades are by and large bullshit.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                  Vegan Police
                  • Sep 2011

Upgrading from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion was a terrible idea. It made everything so much slower. (I have a 4 year old macbook). I mean it looks nicer I guess?
                  StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• unwashed
                    • Dec 2008

Maybe 10 years ago I really disliked anything Apple. And currently I have everything Apple. Yes, it's more convenient and more plug and play. No need for tweaking to much to integrate all your devices smoothly.

Now I have made the small step and bought an Android Samsung tab. Since I bought the tab I haven't touched my ipad and thinking of selling it (only reason for keeping it would be cause all the apps I've bought for it). This tablet has been an awakening for me and thinking my next phone won't be the iphone, maybe switching to HTC.
                    Grailed link

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

One of their worst recent designs is their chargers. They used to be wide and short, which I never had issues with the the cord tearing and fraying. Now they're all long and skinny, so the cord gets bent at weird angles and makes them very prone to tearing. A neat thing you can do for this is to put a spring around it near the bending point. I think the new macbook air chargers address this a bit better, but it's still entirely a design flaw that forces you to buy new chargers.

(at the moment I have electrical tape wrapped around my macbook charger's open wires and my gf just had to buy a new Iphone charger due to the same issue)
                      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• 550BC
                        • Jan 2013

had to buy 2 iPhone 5 chargers due the same problem with the cord in less than 3 months or so, no problem so far with my new macbook though
                        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

not to even mention universal usb which all other manufacturers use... but of course, then they couldn't charge obnoxious amounts for the shitty chargers

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                          This tablet has been an awakening for me and thinking my next phone won't be the iphone, maybe switching to HTC.

the latest One is awesome, I considered it but still went with another Nexus 5 though after breaking my first one because its just as good but half the price.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Macs (at least the laptops) have pretty outsides and ugly insides. Seriously, trying to repair/replace/fix hardware problems on a Mac is nearly impossible.

I'm not sure what the differences between the OS X models are, but I'm pretty sure Mavericks will be more secure simply because it's the "present" OS and therefore the one the Mac teams will be working on patching on a more urgent basis.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                              Macs (at least the laptops) have pretty outsides and ugly insides. Seriously, trying to repair/replace/fix hardware problems on a Mac is nearly impossible.

I'm not sure what the differences between the OS X models are, but I'm pretty sure Mavericks will be more secure simply because it's the "present" OS and therefore the one the Mac teams will be working on patching on a more urgent basis.
                              Actually, I have replaced the hard drive on my iMac myself with merely the help of a YouTube video Ditto for the cracked back screen of iPhone 4. Easy. I think most people are just scared to do it. But since NYC is notorious for shitty techs and overpriced services, my new motto is "If they can do it, I can do it."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Actually, I have replaced the hard drive on my iMac myself with merely the help of a YouTube video Ditto for the cracked back screen of iPhone 4. Easy. I think most people are just scared to do it. But since NYC is notorious for shitty techs and overpriced services, my new motto is "If they can do it, I can do it."
                                Nice job! The Unibody design makes it difficult to play with/look at stuff like the processor. Changing the iPhone screen is quite a feat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎