X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • klangspiel
    • Apr 2007

Re: Euro 2008

[quote user="Yan"] I think the Italian defence looks very shaky for the Euros, in fact the whole team looks suspect. They maybe wont even get out of the group stages.
    [/quote]</p>

Dunno about that, mate. They were incredibly impressive in recent pre-tournament friendlies.
    One of which was a dominating win over Portugal 3-1.</p>

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="klangspiel"]

[quote user="Yan"] I think the Italian defence looks very shaky for the Euros, in fact the whole team looks suspect. They maybe wont even get out of the group stages.
      [/quote]</p>

Dunno about that, mate. They were incredibly impressive in recent pre-tournament friendlies.
      One of which was a dominating win over Portugal 3-1.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Agreed - it's a very strong team. They are just usually not good on following up on their success.</p>
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahlefeldt
        • May 2008

Guys, I just read an article that Domenech didn't take Trezeguet, but a guy called Bafetimbi Gomis. Anyone who's a fan of french football and might give some information on this dude?</p>

</p>

Faust I've also read that Hiddink is bringing Pavel Pogrebnyak even though he's semi injured. If he gets ready, I think Russia has a great chance of suprising.
        </p><h3>
        </h3>

</p>

Comment

• klangspiel
          • Apr 2007

gomis had a great season with st-etienne and is often tagged as the new drogba.
          watch this piece of youtube and you can probably tell why.
          </p>

Comment

• Jon
            • Apr 2008

Why Domenech doesn't rate Flamini is beyond me... I love Vieira, although past his best before, but why put so many top young talents in a team and exclude Flamini? IfFlamini and Nasri got some time playing together and worked out a partnership it would be deadly: Pirlo + Gattuso x 2 = World Cup x 2, right?</P>
            Originally posted by merz
            perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

So, the Czechs, looking unconvincing, draw first blood.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                • Aug 2007

I hope I can see something like this again today</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px;">
                </span></p>

Comment

• klangspiel
                  • Apr 2007

^ cristiana with her panties in a knot

Comment

• klangspiel
                    • Apr 2007

jon, if you believe domenech's wikipedia entry and french media sources, it's in the aligning stars and other astrological goobledygook that dictate his squad selection. i cut n paste:
                    </p><h4><span class="mw-headline">Squad selection</span></h4>

Domenech's management style has also raised eyebrows amongst players
                    and fans. A keen amateur dramatist and astrologer, Domenech has
                    admitted to distrusting Scorpios, such as Robert Pirès. This led to the choosing of Vikash Dhorasoo who played an important part in qualifying but not in the finals. He later fell out with Dhorasoo after he made a behind the scenes film called "Substitute".His decision to leave out FC Barcelona star Ludovic Giuly in favour of Franck Ribéry, and subsequent refusal to explain that decision, left many French players and fans mystified. <sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup>. Domenech chose Pascal Chimbonda,
                    a low-profile player with no international experience, for the squad.
                    Domenech's selection for the France's World Cup squad was further
                    criticised when he publicly announced that Fabien Barthez would start ahead of Lyon goalkeeper Grégory Coupet.
                    This decision was met with derision in the French press and also led to
                    Coupet walking out of the national squad before the tournament, though
                    he was later to return. <sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]</sup> His exclusion of A.S Roma back bone defender, Philippe Mexès,
                    has also raised a few eyebrowes. Mexès, named Hope of the year in 2000
                    and being an all star defender for A.S Roma since his arrival to the
                    team, still has to participate in a competitive senior tournament under
                    Domenech.</p>

</p>

Comment

• beforehewentmad
                      • Apr 2008

I was secretly hoping for a Polish upset, though I was really happy to see Podolski do well. He's a brilliant player. </p>

Anyone have a guess on the outcome of the Italy vs. Netherlands match tomorrow? I'm for the Dutch, though I'll have to miss watching the live footage of that game due to work. It could be one of the better matchups in the tournament!</p>

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                        • Feb 2008

Forgive my bias; Germany looked faster and fresher than I have seen since 96....If Lehmann can have a miracle tournament than the Eagle will soar beyond the gaze of that French chicken!
                        It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                          • May 2008

[quote user="beforehewentmad"]

</p>

Anyone have a guess on the outcome of the Italy vs. Netherlands match tomorrow?</p>

[/quote]</p>

I think the Netherlands will pull it off. Italy's defense looks weak, after Cannavaros absence.
                          </p>

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Germany - Poland was the first interesting game of the tournament. </p>

Italy 1 Netherlands 0, although I'll be rooting for the Dutch.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                              • May 2008

Netherland pulled it off, the italien defence was weak and didn't stand a chance. Man... they got owned.

Comment

• modern77
                                • Oct 2006

Very impressive display from the Dutch. Loved the fact that they remained offensive minded throughout the game, even with a two goal advantage at the half. The italians looked their age.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎