• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yan
    • Mar 2008

Re: Euro 2008

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="klangspiel"]

[quote user="Yan"] I think the Italian defence looks very shaky for the Euros, in fact the whole team looks suspect. They maybe wont even get out of the group stages.
    [/quote]</p>

Dunno about that, mate. They were incredibly impressive in recent pre-tournament friendlies.
    One of which was a dominating win over Portugal 3-1. </p>

[/quote]</p>

Agreed - it's a very strong team. They are just usually not good on following up on their success. </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

you were saying..........? </p>

Comment

• jj.still
      • Dec 2006

I think Italy has ability to beat France and Romania. I hope Donadoni willputChiellini, Grosso, Perrotta/Aquilaniinto start eleven and force team to play more attacking football.

Comment

• Yan
        • Mar 2008

Dont think it will matter who they put on the field. I think they are an aging team with a poor coach. They will not get out of the group stages. I favour Romania and Holland. France remind me of the team that didnt score a goat in the Korea Japan world cup.

Comment

• oliviervdroo
          • Jan 2008

Romania may make it. They're the last ones to play against the Netherlands, which is the strongest team of the group, who may already have qualified by then and may give their top players a rest.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Yan"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="klangspiel"]

[quote user="Yan"] I think the Italian defence looks very shaky for the Euros, in fact the whole team looks suspect. They maybe wont even get out of the group stages.
            [/quote]</p>

Dunno about that, mate. They were incredibly impressive in recent pre-tournament friendlies.

[/quote]</p>

Agreed - it's a very strong team. They are just usually not good on following up on their success. </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

.... my own words taste good. well, the second part of what i said stands :-)</p>
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Yan
              • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Yan"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="klangspiel"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

you were saying..........?
              </p>

[/quote]</p>

.... my own words taste good. well, the second part of what i said stands :-) </p>[/quote]

Comment

• Yan
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="Yan"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="Yan"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="klangspiel"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

we concur sir. Following Italy is a very frustrating experience as I can vouch for over 3 decades. </p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

.... my own words taste good. well, the second part of what i said stands :-) </p>

[/quote][/quote]</p>

</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px; ">

we concur sir. Following Italy is a very frustrating experience as I can vouch for over 3 decades. </p></span>

</p>

Comment

• Danvers
                  • Jan 2008

Anyone seen the Switzerland-Turky game that ended just now? Talk about Epic, big rainstorm in the first half and a narrow escape ( 1-1 and 1-2) for Turky.
                  Portugal was good too earlier tonight, not a great game but def. loads of potential!

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                    • Feb 2008

Definitely epic! Turkey, at least for me has the uncanny ability to seed underdog status, always. Maybe its those Jerseys, OMG! Look like the Mighty Ducks out there...cake-eater!
                    It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• beforehewentmad
                      • Apr 2008

Croatia vs. Germany... Hope that Croatia takes the win!
                      </p>

</p>

Tomorrow is Netherlands vs. France. Big game! </p>

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="beforehewentmad"]

Croatia vs. Germany... Hope that Croatia takes the win!
                        </p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

If both play the way they played the opener, there'll be nothing big about it (well, about France).</p>
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                          • Aug 2007

[quote user="wire.artist"]great start for Spain, but I'm sure we are not doing anything again it's a sad ol' story....I hope I'm wrong...
                          [/quote]</p>

I hope you are wrong too </p>

Comment

• theaddict
                            • Apr 2008

[quote user="beforehewentmad"]

Croatia vs. Germany... <u>Hope that Croatia takes the win! </u>
                            </p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

You cursed the game!!! Fu.....!!!!
                            </p>
                            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• beforehewentmad
                              • Apr 2008

[quote user="theaddict"] You cursed the game!!! Fu.....!!!![/quote]</p>

[86]I wish I had that type of power! I'm very happy with the results though, even with Podolski's goal (since I've grown to really like his playing on the German national team). I'm glad Croatia played as well as they did, though they didn't seem as strong in the second half.</p>

</p>

Faust- You're probably right about the France/Netherlands game. I don't mind that France is struggling since I'd prefer the Netherlands to win, but the game could turn out to be quite anticlimactic. </p>

As far as the brackets go... It seems that Portugal may end up playing against Germany in the quarterfinals. I'll have to root for Germany to win in that case, since I despise C. Ronaldo.
                              </p>

Croatia vs. either Turkey or Czech Republic? I think the Czech's will make it to that game. I haven't seen any of Turkey's games though, and I've heard a lot of good things about them. So, I could be completely wrong. In any case... Croatia will win that quarterfinal.</p>

groups C and D are yet to be determined.... early guess would be:</p>

Netherlands vs. Sweden (Dutch win handily) </p>

Spain vs. Romania (Spain wins in a grunt match) sidenote... I've heard that Romanian women are stunning.</p>

I can't figured out how they have this mess of a bracket system set up for the semifinals...</p>

For the final I'd like to see Netherlands or Croatia take it all, the former is more realistic though the latter would be awesome.
                              </p>

</p>

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Wow, Buffon, just wow... This one is a goalies' game.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎