X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sshum88
    • Dec 2007

Black Comme des Garcons - Pop Up Store

Just came across their informal blog and wondering if anyone has been here (112th 10th Avenue)? Do they carry all the pieces from the current collection?
    Last edited by sshum88; 11-17-2010, 08:49 AM.
    Originally posted by eat me
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

CDG Black is such shit. H&M quality at Theory prices.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• doldrums
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        CDG Black is such shit. H&M quality at Theory prices.
        i dunno - wouldnt go that far. I have a washed poly jacket thats as nice as my cdh+.

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

Super random question - anyone familiar with the guys / the work from Thunder Horse Video? They did the lighting for Salem / staging and set-ups for Gatekeeper. I think they've done video work for gatekeeper and white car and some other people too but I'm mainly interested in dropping them a line about maybe interning since I'm really interested in performance / show-set up (i.e. lighting, video stuff, everything else...) and they look like they do some fun work. They're out of Brooklyn and have some dance nights, I think.

If anyone else knows people in NY doing interesting work along those lines (dances, parties, gallery installations, whatever whatever) I'd appreciate suggestions.
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

Not sure where to put this...but can anyone in NYC do a proxy for me. Send me a PM for the details.
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but caffe reggio is definitely worth checking out if you're in the village. Judging by atmosphere, reggio is easily my favorite cafe in NYC. Good place to order a coffee and stay talking, reading, working, writing, or whatever as long as you want - I've held 3+ hr conversations without once being rushed by the staff.

"He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• t-bone
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but caffe reggio is definitely worth checking out if you're in the village. Judging by atmosphere, reggio is easily my favorite cafe in NYC. Good place to order a coffee and stay talking, reading, working, writing, or whatever as long as you want - I've held 3+ hr conversations without once being rushed by the staff.

http://www.caffereggio.com/
                Unless you like good coffee... and dislike annoying college students.

Sorry just being a snob, but I'd recommend Joe on Waverly or Third Rail Coffee in that area, or Abraço further east.

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

Was going to say... that place is NYU hell.

Comment

• trentk
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
                    Unless you like good coffee... and dislike annoying college students.

Sorry just being a snob, but I'd recommend Joe on Waverly or Third Rail Coffee in that area, or Abraço further east.
                    Agreed about reggio's bad coffee. By that metric, I much prefer 3rd rail. I tend to go to reggio in the morning, so I don't have the crowded with college students problem.
                    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• waxy
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Truth is, NYC is a fantastic place to live if you have a lot of money and connections and a shitty one if you don't. End of story. It NEVER reaches a top tier in any quality of life survey - but that's because those surveys are aimed at a larger audience. It's what you want out of life, really.
                      Word.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

so, whats good to eat nowadays? (besides Ippudo, Mike)

is DBGB any good?

where is the best burger right now?
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

dgbg is solid.

i think pianos on ludlow has one of the best burgers in the city

breslin at the ace is pretty much fail proof for pub food, great pork belly, etc

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

Never liked DBGB. I love Paul's for burgers. Cheap as hell too. Minetta Tavern is amazing for burgers and steaks... and probably lots of other things too, but I can never resist ordering the meat.

Comment

• plasmoplas
                              • Sep 2010

sushi

fwiw, my fav. sushi place (ambience X flavor X price) is takahachi, on Ave A & 6th.

Comment

• t-bone
                                • Dec 2009

Had a great "whole animal feast" at Resto recently, looking forward to going back for the regular menu, plus their beer selection is tops.

Heard nothing but raves about the new menu setup at Eleven Madison Park, that's next on my list.

Can't stop going to Union Square Cafe for lunch, and their burger is amazing as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎