X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

agreed, just had my last burger at Blue Ribbon yesterday. pretty good, but the best restaurant-style burger (non grease ball) is still at Comme Ca in LA.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by swami View Post
      New outpost in the LES ! Been a while I have been to Blue Ribbon craving a burger now , ODEON used to be great too.

How is the food in Firenze , or do you even have time to eat?
      Oh, lord - next level culinary madness.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

Swami, I don't know how you managed to get all three neighborhoods wrong. Peels is in the East Village, Corner Bistro is in the West Village, and Zaitzeff is in the East Village.

Comment

• swami
          • Jul 2008

Was not even drunk posting !
          Was trying to give a general area of Interest ... but yeah I tend to live in my bubble and see things the way I want them to be...

Comment

• graydot
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            agreed, just had my last burger at Blue Ribbon yesterday. pretty good, but the best restaurant-style burger (non grease ball) is still at Comme Ca in LA.
            will have to check that out next time i'm in LA. my favorite restaurant burger is the black label burger at minetta tavern in NYC.

Comment

• t-bone
              • Dec 2009

I'm an asshole for STILL not having tried the Black Label burger, I'll have to try to go next week some time. South Brooklynites, the burger at Lot 2 on 6th Ave and 20th st is pretty amazing.

Comment

• Mar 2009

Have anybody tried any hostels? Are they safe (we obviously don't want to get our things stolen)?
                Going there with a few friends and we don't want to spend much for a room since we wont be there for too long, etc.

Comment

• delirium
                  • Sep 2008

yes, there are many that are safe, but i would certainly use care and guard oneself. it might be advisable to bring / buy a lock to use to secure your belonging. most hostels have locker spaces.

Comment

• Mar 2009

Yes, I'll bring a good ol' lock. I'll keep the most important things with me, but i can't really carry the clothes around and the rest around.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                      • Jan 2007

I can highly recommend Sasabune for a high-end sushi meal. The location on 59th is quite out of the way and ~$120 (including tax/tip) is quite a bit for a meal, but it's some of the best sushi I've had in my life. I was a bit hesitant to do omakase but every item was perfect. Only complaint is that the dishes came out a bit too quickly after each other, we were in and out in about an hour even though the place wasn't too crowded.
                      Originally posted by jogu
                      i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• lostnfound
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by *** View Post
                        Yes, I'll bring a good ol' lock. I'll keep the most important things with me, but i can't really carry the clothes around and the rest around.
                        New York Loft Hostel

Located in Bushwick, Morgan Ave. 15 min train ride to Union Square, Manhattan. I used to live a block away from this hostel. Passed by a couple times, and it looks decent from the outside. Have never stayed there though. I believe it is under $30 per night for dorm. Hope this helps!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Oh, yeah, I imagine some nice European kid coming to Bushwick. That will be something...
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                            • Dec 2010

Why? ^ Bushwick 2011 is not Bushwick '95. It's fine over there.
                            "My Roll is to Rock"
                            -Jimmy Page

Comment

• Mar 2009

Where can I buy CDG (womenswear) in NY (a part from the flagship store and Barneys) ?

edit: older stuff preferably. I like the S/S 11 collection, but I'd prefer to buy something older)

and Junya Watanabe (womenswear)?

Comment

• jscl
                                • Jan 2010

eva gentry might have some older pieces every so often
                                JUST THE HITS

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎