• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Cohen's Fashion Optical
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
      • Nov 2009

hwith are there any specific brands or models you are looking for? specifics help steer suggetions in the right direction.

Comment

• HWith
        • May 2007

Not too quirky, black acetate frames and the like. I know they're pretty common, but I wanna avoid shops carrying too much branded stuff like D&G etc. I'll try Cohen's, thanks Faust!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Don't take my suggestion too seriously. I don't know much about glasses - but they always advertise with cheap prices. They could be the armpit or you might something.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

I hate questions like this, but if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it. We ask around and were sent to a ridiculously hideous club last night, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Visiting right now for my bday...want a nice place to have drinks after dinner tonight. Any suggestions? Prefer 30-something crowd, a lounge or nice bar. Pricey is okay, but not looking for bottle service or anywhere that involves knowing all of Manhattan to get in.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• comedyzen
              • May 2009

New York!!! Can't wait to see you next week! Leaving my pescatarian diet in SF. Look fwd to seeing my good friends Gray's Papaya, Xi'an Famous Foods, late night rendezvous with White Castles (Don't judge, I grew up with these and we don't have them in Cali.), Joe's Pizza, and looking forward to meeting some new friends, Super Taste Noodles, Omen and Uminoie. Will also brave the trenches of the CDG sale (finally, a good sale during my visit).

Comment

• HWith
                • May 2007

Edit: Nevermind, found it.
                Last edited by HWith; 05-06-2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                  I hate questions like this, but if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it. We ask around and were sent to a ridiculously hideous club last night, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Visiting right now for my bday...want a nice place to have drinks after dinner tonight. Any suggestions? Prefer 30-something crowd, a lounge or nice bar. Pricey is okay, but not looking for bottle service or anywhere that involves knowing all of Manhattan to get in.
                  What area? There are 10 million bars in new york.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HWith
                    • May 2007

Can anyone recommend a good steak house? Preferably in Brooklyn. It doesn't have to be super fancy with kobe meat and what not, just a good steak with fries.

Comment

• swami
                      • Jul 2008

Peter Luger is in Bklyn! overhyped but good none the less

If you simply want Steak and fries any French restaurant should deliver no?
                      I know there is one in the heights bit not too familiar with Bklyn

Comment

• jskidder1
                        • Jan 2011

Lugers is definitely the best steak in Brooklyn, but if you want something slightly less "fancy" and want fries with it, the steak frites at Prime Meats in Carroll Gardens is outstanding.

Rye in Williamsburg also had excellent steaks, sourced from the same place Lugers gets theirs. You can also order by the ounce and approve your cut at the table before it is cooked.

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

be forewarned: Peter Luger does not accept any credit cards other than their OWN Peter Luger card

Comment

• swami
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                            be forewarned: Peter Luger does not accept any credit cards other than their OWN Peter Luger card
                            iam pretty sure you can use your bank card though

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

isn't lugers a tourist trap now? i remember my mom taking me there when i got A's on my report card.

they just broil steak. you can make that at home.

listen to mona.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

just the mention of peter luger makes me wince. so gross. my go-to nyc steak is a rare filet mignon at strip house at union square.
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎